It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop The Nonsense.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Very cool.

Why do people focus on the bad acts?

I guess it draws more attention, receives more 'stars and flags'. LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't want to say every Police officer is bad, i have hope that there are Many good ones out there that will protect us... it's just i've never seen one, but that doesn't mean they don't exist

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: highfromphoenix

I happen to agree with you.

And even the most extreme cop-hater here will still dial 9-1-1 if someone breaks into their home.

It's just that hating and being a "victim" has become the "in thing" for people.

Unfortunately, you are correct, it is the "in thing" to hate on police and degrade them,
until you need them.

We have a wonderful policeman a few houses down from us. He is just the nicest man.

We always tell him when we go out of town and feel so much better that he is our neighbor.

Also, one day I found a toddler running loose in my neighborhood in his pajamas.
It was pouring rain out and the kid didn't know his name or where he lived.
So I called the police, they were able to locate the Mom after she called the police in a panic.
( One of those toddler slips out while Mom is showering and defeated the extra locks they put on because he had gone outside before, but Mom discovered it that time. )
Mom was grateful, I was grateful and kid was reunited with family,
all thanks to the police.
No one was arrested,
just a policeman happy to help and reunite a precocious toddler with his parents.

Or, how about the policeman who changed my tire
after I blew it on the freeway?
I had to pull over to the left side and he started to fuss at me
until he saw the tire and realized I had no choice
since I was traveling in the fast lane.
He was really nice and I was so glad he was there.

Or, how about the policeman who goes to our church
and volunteers not only to direct traffic
but plays in the band too,
and everyone just loves him!
He is on the SWAT team in our town
and I couldn't think of a more decent person I'd want on the SWAT team.

edit on 3Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:39:22 -0500pm60806pmk081 by grandmakdw because: addition format spelling

edit on 3Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:40:30 -0500pm60806pmk081 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

Hell your government don't even feel these deaths are statistically worthy to record, highlighting the true problems within American society.

That is very true, often things are left to the media to pick up. There's a chart at the dept of justice site that shows what areas do record the killings, and where there is no feedback, I think that's atrocious that states can play their own game. There should be a mandatory national record programme by the federal government.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
UK cops are just as bad, but don't have a gun to make their errible decision worse .

My sister was with her mates (local trouble makers) on a frosty ice night. A local robbery happened, so they lined em up in the street as usual suspects. Whilst the other police went to the car, the remaining cop slipped on the ice and went face first. Of course everyone began to laugh. The cop got up and told his colleagues that they assaulted him and they were arrested . Moral of the story, if put police in the UK had guns, situations like this would escalate out of control and the corruption/fabrication/loss of life would increase 10 fold. Thank god our country was civilised enough to ban guns.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Its a very simple chain of conditions that lead to general dislike of the police.

When someone observes abuse in any form that will generally lead that person to distrust the person taking advantage and or abusing.

From there if that person sees the abuse escalate into violent abuse its natural for that persons distrust to change into fear and distrust.

Fear turns into hate.

Sad that enough of the population has witnessed enough taking advantage and abuse collectively and have gone down that sequence that ends in fear and hate.

That could be one way of looking at it. Another woukd be i avoid wild pumas and wolves too. True there's that one Good wolf thay wont look for ANY opportunity to make a meal out of you, but why take that significant of a risk. Better to avoid altogether especially if there is such a low degree of mutual trust.

edit on 8-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I hate to be picky about this, but our police force, here in the UK, HAVE killed people, and sometimes unarmed people too.

Jean Charles de Menezes: An unarmed man, shot seven times in the head from point blank range, while pinned to the floor, in a London Tube carriage . Officers had followed him a significant distance before hand, and wrestled him to the ground before applying the fatal cluster of shots. This happened a few weeks after the London bombings of 7/7 and a couple of days after a failed bombing attempt had occurred.

Harry Stanley: Shot dead in 1999 by police while walking home, after an erroneous report, that he had been walking around with a shotgun in a plastic bag, was received. Officers approached him from behind, challenged him, and when he turned, they shot him. It was discovered after the fact, that the bag Mr Stanley had been carrying, contained a table leg, which had been broken, but which his brother had fixed for him that day, and that Mr Stanley was on the way home with.

There have been other incidents, but these are bloody rare.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It seems once a day I read a story about how an officer abuses a person or does something that breaks the law. Why don’t I read a story where an officer saves a life or donates his / her time?

The good stories tend to make local news. Local news covers good news in addition to bad. Things that go against the norm are what makes national and international news. People expect those they grant authority to make or enforce law to behave, to be heroes. Most people don't hate cops, most people hate people that betray their trust.

They are not all bad.

No they're not. But it is increasingly difficult to not hold anger toward all cops because of the thin blue line. Cops that cross that line, while they may lose their jobs, regain their hero status among the public. If the good cops would band together, the public would band with them too. But they don't.

Things have gotten incredibly bad with the police. How long is the public supposed to call murderers, racists, rapists, thieves and their silent, even if unwilling, accomplices... heroes?

Things need to change.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Why don’t I read a story where an officer saves a life or donates his / her time?
They are not all bad.

Well, you do hear about the cop who saves a life. You hear about that a lot. But why you don't hear about them every time they do something good or nice is because that isn't special or unique and isn't in need of praise just because a cop does it.

We all do kind and good things practically every day. Many of us go out of our way to make the world better all the time without praise or reward either.

At the same time not many of us are killing people at almost a daily rate. Cops do. So that is why it gets attention. Because they are abusing their power horribly and not taking responsibility for any of it. So screw their minor good things they do, so what, we all do those so they aren't special for doing them. If their image wasn't so bad they wouldn't need praise for simply doing some good in the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: VoidHawk

Jean Charles de Menezes: An unarmed man, shot seven times in the head from point blank range, while pinned to the floor, in a London Tube carriage . Officers had followed him a significant distance before hand, and wrestled him to the ground before applying the fatal cluster of shots. This happened a few weeks after the London bombings of 7/7 and a couple of days after a failed bombing attempt had occurred.

Personally I think that one was actually planned, rather like an assassination, and I very much doubt they were ordinary cops.

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Harry Stanley: Shot dead in 1999 by police while walking home, after an erroneous report, that he had been walking around with a shotgun in a plastic bag, was received. Officers approached him from behind, challenged him, and when he turned, they shot him. It was discovered after the fact, that the bag Mr Stanley had been carrying, contained a table leg, which had been broken, but which his brother had fixed for him that day, and that Mr Stanley was on the way home with.

I confess I had no knowledge of that one.

It rather weird actually, because just after I wrote the post that you replied to, I went round to speak to a friend and on his TV was a program called The Met. It was all about Mark Duggon (spelling?) who was shot by the police.
So yes, I suppose I was wrong to say "They dont shoot people", but as you said
"There have been other incidents, but these are bloody rare."

When I go out and about I dont fear our cops, and I suspect we'd have to look very hard to find people who do, I dont think the same could be said about the US.
I've had a few runins with the cops, nothing serious, but I never ever had any fear of them, I was always treated decently, they even bump started my car for me after stopping me for no road tax

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Why don’t I read a story where an officer saves a life or donates his / her time?

My personal opinion on that? It is their job to do those things. Just like you don't go out in the morning on trash day and say good job to the trash man for picking up trash.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Some don't like dentists, or Catholic school nuns...hell...my dog hates the mailman!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Hear hear!

A few years back when I was into graffiti with a few pals of mine (I did it for the adrenaline, my "art" sucked.) my mate would have a tendency of writing "ACAB" on anything and everything he could reach. I would always have discussions with him afterwards as to why...

I've only had two encounters with the "Uncle Blue" as we call them in Sweden. Both times started and ended friendly. I have nothing against police and I don't understand people who put them all under the same category. There are loads of good cop stories, you just have to search for them.

As every one knows, good media is bad media.
edit on 9-6-2015 by ColdNCursed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Never had any trouble with the police but ours don't run about like GI joe.
Maybe it has something to do with this...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
From personal experience

Dealing with cops is the same as dealing with gang members. Growing up in L.A. I've seen plenty of both. Ignore them, mind your own business and don't give either a reason to look your way.

High speed, low drag.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Best just to stay away from the police. They are dangerous criminals. And they protect our terrorist leaders.

In my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join