It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice/Comments Wanted: Where Should We Move & Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

The wife and I chose Salt Lake City from Maine, so we hear ya about the humidity. It has everything your looking for. Winters are easy, grass everywhere( everything's irrigated), more hospitals per capita than anywhere( it seems), it's dry heat, parks and mountains all over. Cost of living isn't bad, better than Maine any way! Jobs are pretty easy to come by and they pay well too!
PM me if there's any more info ya want. We've been here a while and LOVE it!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We aren't west, but the cost of living is reasonable here in the U.P. You only get grass for five months a year though. If your husband likes to do snowplowing in the winter, this is the place to be.

We do have hospitals here in the U.P. Wildlife runs in front of you all the time when you are driving. It eats your garden and mows your weeds. I have a yard full of weeds. Most people like grass here though.

I LOVE the UP in Michigan. One of THE most beautiful areas I have ever visited. Stayed in Charlevoix for our 10th anniversary and had a blast.

But, we really want to go west. We've really got to come to a decision quite soon. I'm about to sell all my stuff and just go west until we find something that fits, lol.

Colorado is still my #1 choice. Pueblo's housing costs were not that bad compared to the rest of the state. There are a lot of little towns, etc. that have some affordable housing opportunities as well.

I've thought about taking a "travel nurse" position but I am hesitant for many, many reasons. I'm not into being pulled up to 3 times in a 12 hour shift and always having the heaviest assignment, etc. So that's why I am not interested in that.

I'm about to put names in a hat and pick one. Leave it up to fate. Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, and Texas.

I'd totally move to Texas, I do have some family there. But my daughter said she will not come with us if we choose Texas, and I really cannot imagine leaving her behind. The rest of my family? No problem, they're pretty so childish and petty I doubt I will hear from them again after we are gone. Shoot, I rarely hear from them now, lol...

So I am not upset about leaving them. My BFF, yes, I will miss her because she is like my sister. My actual sister is a total narcissist who is just SO unlikeable. She's just a mean, resentful and nasty individual. Can't wait to say SEE YA to the whole lot!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
There is grass all over Phoenix... I have to mow mine today. There is a ton of landscaping opportunity here. All of these palms, and flowering shrubs and bushes and stuff need constant attention. Gravel maintenance and weeds are a big opportunity too, as well as irrigation if your husband is handy with that sort of thing. I've lived all over the country, and like AZ the best, right next to N.C. /The weather is awesome, although I may be somewhat jaded by growing up in MI with its crappy winters.

What part of NC did you live in? We both like the Carolinas, however, the HUMIDITY! Yuck!!

It's a big, life altering decision we are about to take. BUT we are stoked and looking forward to the adventure of our lives and starting a new chapter.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63
The "four corner" states are Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah... no Texas there, at least in my universe.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I love Colorado and that would be the pick, but the housing/rent is just out of control there. Everything else seems to be decently priced, at least when we visited in April.

All I know is we gotta figure this out, and fast.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join