It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sends 15,000 troops to support Assad in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
15,000 really means 1500

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
More muslims fighting each other is a good thing IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

GOOD.

Rebels must be delt with. Specially rebels contracted by the west that have no business in that #hole that shouldnt be there in the first place... aaaaaaand I speak against myself... not in this particular case but yes. I agree... I agree with Iran and with the legitimate government of Syria which we have nothing TO DO WITH. Syria is an independent, legitimate and sovereign country (or state as you want to call it) and it may call on its allies (on this case Iran) to its aid. And the West... be the UN, the Nato or the US have NOTHING to do with it... so call off their forces be it officials or mercs or pressure from their "friends" israel and leave them alone. Are we really fighting that crap and even letting our contractors there for israel? ....... Let israel deal with their own crap. We have our own problems.... if we dont, GOOD FOR US. Let the ones that have problems deal with them... its not like 100 years of wars wasnt enough.... #in deaths over deaths over deaths because of interests we have to deal with politics..... really? They can deal with it.... and if they cant... too bad... World War 2 was too good for Israel, is time for them to pay back that debt.... the fantasy holocaust alone wont pay for the lives lost for the creation of that state, so.... dont come to the west for aid if you're afraid what might come of the aid of iran to syria.

Deal with it. You wanted your state THERE. Multiple alternatives were suggested... but ben gurion wanted it there. Live by the sword, die by the sword. And WE have to do die by THEIR sword? NO..... israel has to leard to deal with their problems. We have no quarrel with the middle east and people have to learn this.... we have no quarrel with Iran. THAT is israel "mission" not ours... not the WEST...

I wont raise a single weapon against an iranian... let the Israelis do their dirty work for a change. Its always us. # them

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Iran sends 15,000 troops to support Assad in Syria - Good to see., wonderful, good to Iran being an honerable international nation that the US is not. Did the US ever ask the Assad govt for permission to bomb ISIS In Syria? No, they think they have the right to bomb anyone or any reasons whithout asking anyone for permission.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Iran sends 15,000 troops to support Assad in Syria - Good to see., wonderful, good to Iran being an honerable international nation that the US is not. Did the US ever ask the Assad govt for permission to bomb ISIS In Syria? No, they think they have the right to bomb anyone or any reasons whithout asking anyone for permission.

Do you know they didn't?

From what I read (the first F22 combat sortie ever) they (Syrians) were told and the syrians didn't turn on their air defences.

Seems like the only way two 'enemies' can reach an agreement without a formal agreement.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well, people are always complaining that ME nations aren't taking the lead in dealing with ISIS, or Syria in general.

If it is comprised of fighters from other nations, doesn't that make this a coalition force?

Sounds like a good thing, but then again, not much equates to good things in that part of the world where soldiers are involved.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Iran can send a million troops and begin air strikes because as far as im concerned

edit on 9-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I believe that Israel believes that it is ready to completely take Iran out militarily, and they're not going to back down.

No Israel isn't ready for Iran. The military leaders in Israel told Benny flat out that Israel can't take on Iran by themselves.
You are right Israel and ISIS does seem to be good buddies.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

First non-moronic response. Nice.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Muslims killing Muslims in the ME is hardly news

Really this is a good thing as it means more dead ISIS, always a good thing.

True...its a Muslim civil war, Sunni ISIS v. Shia Iran, and I'd agree more dead the better, but....problem is that while this mess plays out, it creates more and more refugees and our crappy President is importing them into the US by the tens of thousands and considering they don't readily assimilate into a host society and considering the 100,000 or so illegal immigrants the US takes in each year, the last thing we need is more foreign refugees.

So....I'd suggest the sooner this is resolved, the better, at least as to the Syria portion and the way to do that is to force Assad and the rebels to a peace meeting to draw new national borders based upon their ethnic/religious leanings. So Assad would remain dictator for life of Alawite Syria; ISIS would have its Caliphate and could continue to prosecute its war against the Shia in Iraq. Then ISIS would effectivly control "Sunnistan" portion of Iraq, "Shiastan" portion of Iraq would be absorbed into Iran; Kurdistan would be given formal recognition and everyone's happy!

That's a great idea, totally with you on (locals not Brits and French) redrawing the borders after a peace. Slight problem is this will require major population swaps like Greece and Turkey once did. Sunni and Shia plus Kurd divide is not neat but a patchwork quilt to give the Balkans a run for its money. Then even when those parties do get to settle down outside influences have got to refrain from stirring things up, you know, Israel, Russia, USA, UK, they have got to respect borders and stop playing out their football games in the proxy stadium in the Middle East.

I'm glad you like the idea and that it appeals to you as a solution, but, in the interest of honesty and full disclosure, while it is true that the kernel of this idea began to develop in my brain a couple of months ago after watching a History Channel special on World War I and the aftermath, the idea was presented in full on a news show, I believe, "Fareed Zakaria GPS", (global public square), and I was amazed that someone had come up with this concept. I don't think it was Fareed's idea, he has a lot of high powered brainiac guests on his show and I think it was one of those people. But...it would be an interesting and seemingly simple solution.

Just to "share", that same guest made a fascinating observation to the effect that the Nation-State, formerly known as "Iraq"...isn't anymore a viable entity. To use his words, "Iraq is dissolving before our eyes"; "all that remains is Baghdad" and its airport. Weird.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…a Lebanese political source told The Daily Star.

Those politicos… someone source this or just rumor? How did they arrive at that figure, let alone arrive in country, from Iran?

Did they sail both Gulfs (bristling with US warships and blockades) and the Suez canal as stowaways, arriving in Lebanon or the Syrian coastline and do an amphibious assault?

Maybe they marched directly from Iran , through the US of Iraq into Syria from the East?

Maybe they flew over all those no fly zones and para chuted in ?

ETA: Sorry, not buying it. More like more Iran bashing and justification for ramping up US operations in Syria. Imagine that.

(this rumor is from the US)

Map

It says Iran sent them, it doesn't say Iran sent them from Iran.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Just to "share", that same guest made a fascinating observation to the effect that the Nation-State, formerly known as "Iraq"...isn't anymore a viable entity. To use his words, "Iraq is dissolving before our eyes"; "all that remains is Baghdad" and its airport. Weird.

Yes that looks by all accounts what remains of Iraq. Same thing with Syria, the government is basically in control of Damascus and some of the Alawhye areas, that's it. Foreign allies take care of the rest of the country.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Why would the US ask somebody they do not recognize as the legitimate government of Syria to do anything? The US, EU, Arab League all recognize the Syrian National Coalition as the legitimate government of Syria. And that is who they talk to. And lets face it Assad controls Damascus and some of the coastal areas and that is it. Most of Syria is controlled by other people or nobody at all. If Iran ever pulls out and takes its allied Hezbollah with it that would be the end of Assad. He does not have enough Syrians loyal to him do anything but make a run for the coast and try and lay low in those areas loyal to him. Even with Iran and others backing him Assad will never retake the country. The one thing all these groups fighting each other do agree on is they hate Assad.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

It says Iran sent them, it doesn't say Iran sent them from Iran.

Meaning what? Iran has multiple bases in the Mideast, like the US?

Mmm, hmmm…

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Iran has a base in Lebanon....... Hezbollah

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Not appearing on a map or it would be blown away immediately. What you call a "base" isn't even close.

But you could show me on a map this base… lol

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Cant read it in my MSM so didnt happen. NANANnANANANNAna

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not appearing on a map or it would be blown away immediately. What you call a "base" isn't even close.

But you could show me on a map this base… lol

They piss in the same pot. Plus get funded and supplied from Tehran. Hezbollah is Iran

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

And the 15000 troops? Do they have apartments in Lebanon, on this figment of your imagination base?
edit on 9-6-2015 by intrptr because: sorry, misspoke

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sweden unofficially declared WW3 is happening, they just need a few nations declaring war against each other, send a few nukes kill off about 3 billion within 48 hous, unifying the churches and they declare a religious war on Islam,think that will do for official declaration?

And they destroy each other leaving 500 million people in puerto rico in a dome telling stories for one century how retarded monkeys are

The # humans will do just to stay in power, is almost insane, a matter a fact it is insane,
Its like smelling fear that isnt even justified, its like the imagination of thinking you are immortal that #s things up.

This world is overpopulated thats a fact, humans and nature are way of balance. But are stories like this the way to lead a future? Keep people dumb? Ignorant? I think the 12.000 years of ruling the same way is over, in fact we need to look on how it could be changed. If it doesnt work, just take a half a millenia and wipe out the failure.

. Im against nepotism, highly for aristocracy
edit on 9-6-2015 by Temudjin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join