It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Sighting - London Ontario, June 6th 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey all,

I was just perusing social media this morning and came across a photo that a local radio station posted. The photo is an alleged UFO sighting from Saturday night around the location of Adelaide/Fanshawe Park. I don't have many other details, but I figured I would share the photos with you all to see what you think. I personally think that:
A. this is too close for comfort
and
B. the distance between the three lights is almost too perfect to be Chinese lanterns, due to wind and what have you.
C. Too close together and bright to be Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn. (Brightest Planets - June 2015)

I even looked up the weather for Saturday in that location. Average temperature was 19.8 celsius, the maximum wind was 44 km/h. (The Weather Network - London ON)

Anyway, that's my two cents. Here's the photo!

London's Best Rock FM96

I will post updates if and when I discover more about this. (:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MuldersGirl

Looks like Chinese lanterns to me , three points of light will form a triangle.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Could be Chinese lanterns, but proven otherwise could also be a cloaked UFO with three points of light visible. Maybe a TOP Secret Canadian Military Aircraft

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Looks like Chinese lanterns to me , three points of light will form a triangle.

I would think more like a quadcopter drone. Being that it looks like it is an equilateral triangle, chances of chinese lanterns forming that pattern without being linked together are kind of low.
ETA:
Now that I see the post below mine...
I will eat crow!
gortex was right!

edit on b000000302015-06-08T12:03:51-05:0012America/ChicagoMon, 08 Jun 2015 12:03:51 -05001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Check the comments on the Facebook link. According to a couple of posts there, they were Chinese Lanterns released at a wedding in the area.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well...I am a skeptic but doesn't mean I don't believe or want too. It also doesn't mean I believe we are alone in the vastness of our Universe but I find it very difficult to believe that a alien UFO would traverse the universe and work so hard to stay concealed from us, the public yet have the convenient thought to have red navigation lights on their craft, always compliant to FAA standards I guess. Why would they "cloak" their craft yet maintain visibility with navigation lights ?

Hopefully I am wrong and this is what many are looking for but I don't think so, just another terrestrial UFO much likely a military project but someday perhaps we will meet another sentient being, maybe the Pope will announce it on June 5Th... whoops....maybe June 18th...or whatever date some need to choose for the next announcement to happen when it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Could be Chinese lanterns, but proven otherwise could also be a cloaked UFO with three points of light visible. Maybe a TOP Secret Canadian Military Aircraft

This might sound like a silly question, but if the UFO is cloaked, why would it have three lights on to define its shape?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

A friend of mine seen this in Nashville TN and posted it here to ATS
June .5.2011
The pictures look a lot alike!

edit on 8-6-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Ozzfest Chicago [Tinley Park]

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

This might sound like a silly question, but if the UFO is cloaked, why would it have three lights on to define its shape?

They are obviously work at a higher level of stupidity than some on here after reading gavron's post

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Ozzfest Chicago [Tinley Park]

Excellent video and very interesting how a plane went right near the object. Makes me wonder if anyone has tracked that plane (easy to do) and talked with the pilot and any passengers on board.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gavron
Check the comments on the Facebook link. According to a couple of posts there, they were Chinese Lanterns released at a wedding in the area.

Let the back peddling begin

Now we have been told it cant be lanterns because of the wind and their position so what do the members claiming that have to say now

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I'm finding this Chinese lantern thing a little more than a coincidence. Every time there is a sighting like this I have seen on Facebook, forums or the news page someone posting it was our wedding, it was a wake, it was a celebration, blah blah blah.
I'm just not buying this "Chinese lantern excuse" anymore! Furthermore, those things are so light weight they can NOT hold a formation in the sky, nor can they just hover for a long time, they blow in the wind and burn out!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply! I agree with you, these photos have strikingly similar qualities to them. The OP on the post you've shared was at least able to provide size and movement, which is awesome. Are they still active on ATS, your friend? I would love to know if they could recall how the weather was that day, whether it was windy or what. Great picture.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sometimes it is what it is , three lanterns in a triangle like this.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Looks like a black triangle to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Thanks for the response! I will be watching this video - I haven't seen this one - right after I post this. I do think that triangular crafts are extremely plausible and are often the most sighted unidentified flying objects!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Can you elaborate on how they manage to stay together in the sky? Are they connected together? That's the only way I can see Chinese lanterns being mistaken for a craft. That's why I think there is some deniability about Chinese lanterns with the photo I've posted; for something to be so perfectly spaced in a triangle with a significant amount of wind occurring at the time seems odd.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: wmd_2008

I'm finding this Chinese lantern thing a little more than a coincidence. Every time there is a sighting like this I have seen on Facebook, forums or the news page someone posting it was our wedding, it was a wake, it was a celebration, blah blah blah.
I'm just not buying this "Chinese lantern excuse" anymore! Furthermore, those things are so light weight they can NOT hold a formation in the sky, nor can they just hover for a long time, they blow in the wind and burn out!

Just to educate you a little a PICTURE is a snapshot of TIME is that simple enough to understand !

3 points of light can only make a triangle or less likely a straight line !

Not the best video but 3 lanterns

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersGirl
a reply to: gortex

Can you elaborate on how they manage to stay together in the sky? Are they connected together? That's the only way I can see Chinese lanterns being mistaken for a craft. That's why I think there is some deniability about Chinese lanterns with the photo I've posted; for something to be so perfectly spaced in a triangle with a significant amount of wind occurring at the time seems odd.

Go online and watch a few videos of lanterns YOU don't know the distances it's down to perspective !

<<   2 >>

join