It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left of Centre: Weird and experimental 'out there' music to share.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My tastes tend toward the eclectic. I love avant garde music, but with a pop sense. I started off as a youngster with bands like Pink Floyd, and the Beatles, and slowly moved further into weirder more experimental and psychedelic music.

Feel free to add your own 'out there' music.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Go The Tall Dwarfs. I'm listening to the first one now, very very nice...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Aphex Twin --- Windowlicker
(skip to 4.00 for the music)

Drone --- Strange Craft

Hot Butter --- Pop Corn

edit on 8/6/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Have you seen the muppets version of the hot butter popcorn song, it's halirious, the Swedish chef in the kitchen . Can see on YouTube sorry can't provide link.
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Check out Chris Knox, he is one of the Tall Dwarfs, he does his own solo stuff, but maybe you a kiwi and already know him. Sorry can't provide links. a reply to: cuckooold

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'll chuck this up here, cause it's just a plain bonkers instrument that sounds otherworldly. I did a thread on it somewheres on ATS...

Also, a personal band I'm loving is The Necks, Australian experimental, alt/atmospheric/peaceful/sometimes jazz/sometimes just plain beauty in waves of notes...
Each performance they do is a one off, and they morph their sound and repeat passages slowly letting them ebb and flow in time. To see them in concert is another experience all together. Highly recommend you take a listen, but it rewards patience, and I advise removing other distractions, shut your eyes and drift off.

Ok, I've got heaps of others, but my daughter is kicking me off the pc! I'll check back in after.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Ghostwheel- secret of the dwarf island

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If it's psychedelic music you enjoy, i prefer the classic stuff

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow, you bunch have posted some good jams. I love the Beatles and have much respect for Jimi Hendrix... You might wanna check this out m.youtube.com...
It's The Mars Volta

Appreciate the thread and good music

Thanks everyone
edit on 8-6-2015 by ResearchNOWknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

woooooh!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Webbedhandrecords
enjoy

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Excellent thread, thank you.

Starred and flagged. Will be returning often to check out some interesting new music.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I thought about posting this on the Favorite Band thread, but then I figured no one will actually care, since they're not [insert generic 70s rock band], so this thread is a much better place to post

That meandering, out-of-tune bassline. *swoooon*

I'm pretty much a total sucker for anyone that can reign in unconventional/wobbly/minor chords/etc and turn them into creepy haunting masterpieces, so on that note here's several other glorious examples imo:

Good thread

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This my first try at linking something from YouTube maybe it works maybe it doesn't, please let me know either way. Dam it I can't figure it out sorry. I am on iPad and I'm naff.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A few more.

Not sure if this counts as out there, but I think this band are amazing.

edit on 13-6-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

top topics

join