It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 411 missing hiker type event, Chilliwack, BC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

There is a guy who studies these types of stories who has become quite popular in the past year or so, especially on Coast to Coast AM. I am not sure, but I think with the combination of love for Sherlock Holmes, CSI and murder/unsolved crimes stories, people just eat this # up.

Knowing British Columbia and dudes in their 20s quite well, I would surmise that he smoked a bunch of potent weed, drank a bit of beer and decided to go on an adventure!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ran blindly trying to escape a bear, fell over hill onto rocks.

I think a lot of these come from bears or trying to run from wild animals.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
There are definitely bears there, and some are not shy..they are moved away if they get too brave.
I asked my friend who runs one of the campsites there and she has no news on this one.

edit on 9-6-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Ran blindly trying to escape a bear, fell over hill onto rocks.

I think a lot of these come from bears or trying to run from wild animals.

If it were a bear, there would have been paw marks or something on the body. Same as a cougar. Anything else... not sure why he would run from it...

The area is pretty big on big-foot sightings. Especially around Harrison hot springs. Everyone has a story about a guy who knew a guy that...

The only image I found of when I looked for the boulder field did not look like a very steep incline. If he did meet his end from falling down and hitting his head on the rocks I think that would qualify as one of those really stupid ways to die. sucks.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: ignorant_ape

As a male (barely) in that category, I must concur.

Edit: Minus, of course, the "radical" and "gnarly". If I ever utter such words (except in jest), I hope somebody swiftly punches me in the face.

You post a lot, and this dark comment of yours is pretty upsetting to read....I really hope you don't feel so violent about those words, or words in general. You're a male barely in that category of being out-doorsey I'm guessing what you are referring to but you would resort to violence over words. Ok, nice, seems like you are in a different category of male all together...like someone who would start a bar fight over words. Might want to lower your testosterone down there a little. No need to get hostile over something so silly, like 80's surfer vocab made popular from Fast Times and TMNT to inflict violence upon ones self or others.

There are some people in the world who bite their lip when they hear other people talk, there's nothing admirable about having a distance in culture with other people in the world. Someone could save your life one day who speaks in tongues that make you cringe, I suggest to get over it, and be more accepting of people who might not have had the educational opportunity that you had.

Wow....What? It was a joke, pal....

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

It's fine, no problem. I'm looking at this video again and there is footage of the sign on the trail, Lindeman Greendrop Trail head 200 m (in one direction) and Flora Lake 14 km return. So we do have coordinates we can map out to see exactly what could have happened.

I found this link with this review:

Don't let the first kilometre of this trail put you off. It starts off with a climb of 650 meters in elevation in the first kilometre. It flattens out just before you get to the lake, allowing you to catch your breath.

The lake is beautiful and clear, surrounded by towering peaks, and full of fish. You can easily fish from shore at any number of spots along the trail.

We camped here in April last year. The snow was almost gone at this elevation so it made a good early overnighter. There aren't any facilities but there are plenty of places to pitch a tent.

The trail continues along Lindeman Lake (often scrambling over scree) to the end of the lake where there's a boardwalk. The nice big sandy beach here is an inviting place for a swim.

The trail was not very well marked for a little while at this point due to a rock slide when I was here but it's probably better marked now. Cross some more scree and then you're back into the woods on the trail up to Greendrop. The trail was mostly snow covered in April but was still pretty easy to follow. You follow Post Creek, climbing to 910 meters over the next kilometre with plenty of boulders to scramble over. There is a branch trail at 5 km. Following the right takes you to a picnic area and campsite at the south end of the lake. The left one takes you up above the lake into the Skagit Valley. It was a winter wonderland when I was there so I can't comment on the camping/picnic areas.

So around the lake there is quick elevation, a recent landslide, and poor trail markings. Sounds like you can get up to the hill from the trail too. It's also extremely thick and is riddled with boulders and up and down terrain.

According to the news reporter, they were headed to Lindeman Lake, the closet lake to the parking lot, here's the sign from the video:

Here's a map I found:

Source

Then we have this sign showing the elevation increase:

On this approx 3 mile hike you go up 700 feet in elevation

Here are more pics from the lake:

This link suggests this area has legends of giant salamanders and lizards.

Here is a 2006 BFRO Report

At approximately 10 am my hiking partner and myself had packed up our camp after a chilly nights stay at Lindeman Lake in the Chilliwack River Valley. We had hiked about 15 minutes from our camp, down the main trail (headed back to the parking lot). I was about 40 feet infront of my partner and started hearing banging noises coming from the trees to the North of us. I stopped and listened. As my partner caught up to me I asked if he had heard the noises as well. He stated that he thought they were from me. I said no and we both stopped and listened as the banging sounds continued.

There are actually tons of sasquatch reports in Chilliwack if anyone were to google it. Seems kind of strange he ended up at the bottom of the boulders, he must have slipped and fell. Why they didn't find him for 20 hours? He must have got lost, stayed in the woods over night, and then slipped on the rocks and fell from getting no sleep, stressed, hungry, thirsty, and exhausted? I'm not sure if he was traveling with a cell phone? Maybe there was some other person on the trail kidnapped him and killed him? It is a mystery.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well I can't see him being out there right at the start of the trail surrounding the lake the whole time while people were looking for him so he must have been off to the north east. Who knows, it's fishy regardless

Yes, it is. Either he was way off from where they are now saying, or somehow no one saw him where he should have been. Either way, something weird. Many of the cases have people located in areas previously searched, where they could not have been missed. It's as though they are placed there after the searchers go past.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Boulder fields seem to figure into the disappearance of many under the Missing 411 criteria. Some have seemingly walked into or up to such never to be seen again. Wondering if there is much quartz in those boulders in this Chiliwack case.

This Chilliwack episode sounds almost classic Missing 411 until we have further info

The latest Missing 411 book ends of nicely with lists pertaining to hunters, berry pickers, intellectuals, children in yards, children under care of grandparents, shepherds, etc, etc.

I was heading home from work last year listening to Coast to Coast when Paulides was on it. My two co-workers were gripped after their initial scoffing. I lent one of them the Western Missing 411 and he could not put it down. After that gave him the Eastern edition. He stated something very pointed. Taken separately, people will scoff and dismiss. Taken as a whole, and it is hard to dismiss that something indeed very strange and probably covered up is happening. There is almost a cadence and repetition to the vast majority of these cases.

And what of the cases where children are found only to claim they had been nursed...cuddled....by a bear...under a bush. Found in freezing conditions...otherwise none the worse for wear...after 16 or more hours.

In one Missing 411 account, some near dozen witnesses in a rural setting over 100 years ago (I will have to search for the exact state and town) watched a baby get snatched from a front yard in broad daylight. A few of the witnesses claim it was a black bear, others claimed it was an overly large black wolf...still others said it walked fully on two feet and "craddled the child"...and that they had never seen a bear/wolf ,move in such a way before. A young lady (one of the witnesses on the street) had the composure to pursue the evading abductor for several blocks...continually yelling at it to drop the child. The account said the creature seemed extremely sacred of the smallish but bold woman...and it eventually placed the baby down and took off towards and into the woods. This was witnessed by over a dozen upstanding citizens....in broad daylight. The baby had NO broken skin and no bite marks or obvious signs of saliva on it or its clothing. Wolves and bears do not walk on two legs or "cradle" prey.

David Paulides speculated that they described the creature walking on two legs and carrying the baby as a wolf or a bear because it was the only frame of reference the witnesses had (it was pure white bread community). It is stated that the creature only became fearful when this smallish young lady of conviction began to stalk it in unrelenting fashion.

Did some of the witnesses see a bear and others see a wolf? A what did the young lady see?

The old world aboriginal peoples speak of shape shifters. Paulides has never come out and used the term in those books...but the allusion has come up a few times in some cases. David Paulides was a cop for over 20 years. He isn't just an author. His books are written in cold, investigative fashion.

Scoff as some will. There is indeed high strangeness to much of what is contained in the Missing 411 books.
edit on 10-6-2015 by BiffTannen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Wow, lot of info! If the rocks are actually near the trail, it seems odd that they wouldn't have located him, had he been lost nearby. Surely, he'd have heard people calling. It does see strange. Your scenario seems possible, but doesn't explain how he wasn't found sooner, or why, in initial reports, searchers were so mystified. The links are interesting, especially the salamander and lizard stuff. A foot-long salamander wold be a cool sight, to be sure!!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In an overwhelming number of Missing 411 cases, the lost are found in places that had been combed many times, frustrating and perplexing the hard working souls bent on rescue.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Having read all four Missing 411 books, and having the benefit of the exacting lists he put at the end of the latest book "Missing 411: The Devil is in the Details"....I wish we could get more info for those lists, such as blood type, eye color, paranormal or even occult connections.....or playing into my last point....military connections (family, friends, etc).

Or maybe it is just random. Certain factors seem to suggest not.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

No. Not if the bear never touched the body. I said he ran over a ledge escaping a bear or wild animal. Backed over out of fear.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Aliens abduction dropped Him off and might have killed Him?Just saying this is a conspiracy website.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I actually live a few towns away from Chilliwack and have been close to this particular location. The only weird, creepy anecdote I have about Chilliwack Lake and their camp grounds way at the end of the lake is that some dude drowned in the lake decades ago and only his arm was found, and it was buried deep in the woods. There's a cross/grave that stoned, drunk teens stumble into a lot.

Aside from that, I have heard lots of people say that Chilliwack has the largest amount of Bigfoot sightings in Canada. I didn't realize that David Paulides, before his Missing 411 books, had also written a fair amount on Bigfoot. It's an interesting connection and there is probably something to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
a reply to: Nowornevertill

There's no way he got ran down by a predator. The guy even points out that the trail is only about 900 ft or 900yards long I can't remember, but even so he said it's a heavily traveled path. So much so you can see it on his face when he has no idea how this guy died where he did. And if you look at the boulders where he died from a fall, how the hell did he fall? The Boulder field is not steep at all.

I heard David Paulides mention on Coast to Coast once in response I believe to a callers question that he does NOT rule out EBE activity in these cases, even though he does usually go out of his way to not present any conclusions.

EBE activity is the only answer that makes sense in many of these cases; people's bodies found quite a distance from where they were lost, and usually the intervening space is practically untraversable by any means other than flight due to terrain and/or weather and/or age of the victim ( for example - a small child found a couple miles away over a mountain pass in the dead of winter with no signs of predation).

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I would be curious to see what a larger picture based on autopsies reveals, since he also mentioned sometimes strange scratches and skull trauma that was fairly inexplicable. Although, often the bodies are never found, and when found it would be many years later. I think he has a large database though, so there could be evidence from more recently-deceased people. If it is anomalous creatures, there should be evidence of something that would match up to so-called abductions: scoop marks, implants etc... maybe something sexual as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Even now with all these deaths and high strangeness in
these disappearances. And an identified MO that make up
so many matching cases across the nation and over decades
of time.
Not one official in law enforcement or with any govt. agency.
Nor any elected official anywhere. Has offered the slightest
peep of an explanation for what is going on. What David
Paulides has made possible, is the opportunity for us to I.D.
the strangeness in real time as the search is happening.
How many more victims will come before someone turns up
the truth? Or the heat that gets to the truth? Someone
knows what's going on. And that's the thing that makes my
skin crawl.

SnF
edit on Rpm61315v29201500000049 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Just saw on the news so I googled the story. a man in his 20's jogged past a group saying he's going up to the lake to meet his friends. When his friends got there, he was no where to be seen. 20 hours later, a police helicopter spotted the man up on the rocks. Far from the trail and about 25 minutes from the lake. A mystery to how he got there.

CHILLIWACK, B.C. – Search crews have located the body of a missing hiker in his early 20s in southwestern B.C.

It was a tragic ending to a more-than-20-hour search-and-rescue operation in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park.

The park is located about 120 kilometres east of Vancouver and 10 km from the U.S. border.

Doug Fraser of Chilliwack Search and Rescue says air support spotted the man’s body in a boulder field far from any trail and that he appears to have died from a fall.

“One of the hikers decided he was going to jog ahead of his two friends and they would meet up at the lake. When the two friends got there, there was no sign of their buddy,” he said Doug Fraser.

“It was a long ways from a trail, and a 25 minute hike from the lake. How he ended up there, why he ended up there, are questions that remain unanswered.”

I put this under crypto because this is exactly like the other stories of missing people in the wilderness related to the bigfoot/national parks scandal. Sure is weird how he ended up dead up on the rocks.
globalnews.ca...

Maybe it's a bit off topic but read this:

“Ukiah, Mendocino County, Cal.–Clinging to the side of Hill’s Peak, 1,000 feet above the canon bed, Willie and Eddie Briggs, aged thirteen and eleven years, fought a bald eagle for their lives Tuesday. The younger lad was knocked down repeatedly, and so torn by the talons and beak of the bird that he will lose his eyes and be disfigured for life. His life was saved by his brother’s heroic attack on the eagle with a short stick, beating it off. A party of men from Bachelor Valley organized when they heard of the eagle’s attack and succeeded in killing it. The bird measured eight feet eight inches from tip to tip of the wings."

afflictor.com...

Eagles have the ability to drive some people off a cliff/rock which could explain why in some cases no tracks are found anywhere around the body. Though no eagle can move a human (save for a very very young child)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of many hikes where I ran into bears, panthers, etc.
No need to look for a Bigfoot although at least in that area the are historical and not jut fantasy created by the current bigfoot craze.
Enough actual predators, take your pick.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Consider however the fact that nary a peep is heard from children playing in a yard when the parent turns their head for a mere matter of moments....and they are whisked away....often found in the middle of swamps miles from home....or on a ledge thousands of feet and miles away, on a mountain or cliff.

And what of the children gone missing overnight, on a night where the weather turns very wet and sour....and they are found, with their clothes seemingly unaffected by the elements...untouched...with vague recollection of events?

And what is attracting the children (or even some adults) to wander into the thick forest...away from the safety of home.

I honestly wonder is this is a Pied Piper sort of thing....or a bloodline thing....or a generational curse thing....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join