It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 411 missing hiker type event, Chilliwack, BC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

ah then before we can say he fell and hit his head, someone needs to sneak into the coroner's office and take a look at the report. If he didn't fall from the top, then what we have here is a "stumble" because looking at those rocks, I can't see falling as a danger. Slip a few feet perhaps but I wouldn't consider standing on the rocks to be that much of a hazard.

Screen grab of some better pictures to illustrate my point:
Looks like this is were the recovery was

Another angle

So it would appear he was found at the bottom. And those rocks are hardly menacing, slope is not that steep at all and it would be impossible to fall from the top and end up at the bottom.
edit on 8-6-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

ah then before we can say he fell and hit his head, someone needs to sneak into the coroner's office and take a look at the report. If he didn't fall from the top, then what we have here is a "stumble" because looking at those rocks, I can't see falling as a danger. Slip a few feet perhaps but I wouldn't consider standing on the rocks to be that much of a hazard.

People have killed themselves falling and hitting their heads against the edge of a table, countertop, or a fireplace hearth, esepcially when they hit the back base of their skull. It happens.

edit on 6/8/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Looks like I wasn't the only one coming to the 411 conclusion judging by the comments on that link

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

double

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
First you need proof that there are Bigfoot,
Second you need to prove there are Bigfoot abducting people in national parks,
then you need to prove that the national government is covering this up
then you need to establish that this is what happened here.
It's probably easier to prove that people are paranoid fantasists that self deceive
or that just make it up for kicks.
Not to be too harsh though, after all, that is 80% of what I would expect on ATS ; )
a reply to: FlySolo

edit on 8-6-2015 by starswift because: filled out

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes it happens but standing on a rock and slipping compared to falling off a cliff are two different things. The OS is he "fell" from the top, so if he's got injuries consistent with falling like major broken bones and he's at the bottom....something doesn't compute. Secondly, being 25 minutes away from the meeting point is another red flag in my books

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
First you need proof that there are Bigfoot,
Second you need to prove there are Bigfoot abducting people in national parks,
then you need to prove that the national government is covering this up
then you need to establish that this is what happened here.
It's probably easier to prove that people are paranoid fantasists that self deceive
or that just make it up for kicks.
Not to be too harsh though, after all, that is 80% of what I would expect on ATS ; )

No, all you need to prove is there are Bigfoots. The rest is all self-evident once the first one is proven.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The way so many end up in really high places, where they'd have no logical reason to be, is very odd. I know a lot of these have ties to BF, but I wonder how many are related to something aerial. Either way, why would a jogger, going to meet friends, climb like that? Makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Exactly. The "friends" stories seem off.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

this is exactly like the other stories of missing people in the wilderness related to the bigfoot/national parks scandal. Sure is weird how he ended up dead up on the rocks.

The key here is that he seems to have suffered injuries related to a fall. While I do believe some people are attacked by the "natives", there are several cases in which people have disappeared and then been dropped from a great height. Looking at all of the evidence and related cases, it's quite clear that something or someone is targeting people and taking them into some sort of aircraft and then simply throwing them out when they're done with whatever it is they do. Bodies have been found in remote, inaccessible areas, having suffered injuries consistent with falling from a great height, with no possibility as to how they got there other than that they were thrown out of an aircraft.

.....or something else that flies......

Doesn't have to be human involvement for that. Lots of reports of very large flying creatures. I have seen one myself.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The way so many end up in really high places, where they'd have no logical reason to be, is very odd. I know a lot of these have ties to BF, but I wonder how many are related to something aerial. Either way, why would a jogger, going to meet friends, climb like that? Makes no sense.

He wasn't jogging to meet friends. He jogged ahead of them on the trail as they walked. His friends expected him to be at the lake already when they got there.

As for reasons why he needed to climb toward the ridge (if he did fall from the ridge), it could be that he went off-trail to do something (e.g., pee, smoke a joint, etc.) but went too far off the trail and couldn't find his way back.

Maybe he then walked around lost for a while and found his way into the boulder field, and then tried to climb the ridge to get a better view to hopefully find his way out, but fell backward as he tried to climb.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProspectPhilosopher
This is where I live. i have done this Trail many times, It can happen trust me. A small mis step and a tumble can easily happen people.

And so you know we dont always stay on trail i have been to that exact boulder field lol

Alright, the question is, then, where in that area could he have fallen, on his own, from a spot high enough to cause his death? Is there such a place? Looking at the pics, I could see someone breaking a limb, but dying? It doesn't look like an area where you could fall that far, but we only have a couple of pics, so it's hard to be certain.

If there is such a spot, do you know if that's where he was found? Any reason he'd have said he was planning to meet his friends at the lake, then would have headed way off to this boulder field, instead? That's the odd factor, to me.

To the thread in general -

A bear or cougar, if chasing him, would have caught and killed him, and they'd be calling this an animal attack. Those do happen, but that isn't what we are being told. Also, did I hear correctly that this boulder field (and yeah, those are prominent in 411 cases) is twenty-five miles from the trail? That's a LONG way to go when planning to meet friends elsewhere, and from a well-defined trail.

A+ETA - I see it's twenty-five minutes, not miles, but still, why go that far, when he said he was meeting his friends.
edit on 8-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: correction

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProspectPhilosopher
This is where I live. i have done this Trail many times, It can happen trust me. A small mis step and a tumble can easily happen people.

And so you know we dont always stay on trail i have been to that exact boulder field lol

Alright, the question is, then, where in that area could he have fallen, on his own, from a spot high enough to cause his death? Is there such a place? Looking at the pics, I could see someone breaking a limb, but dying? It doesn't look like an area where you could fall that far, but we only have a couple of pics, so it's hard to be certain.

One of the articles I read shows this image of the steep sides of the boulder field:
Source:
Missing hiker found dead Saturday in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park

Any reason he'd have said he was planning to meet his friends at the lake, then would have headed way off to this boulder field, instead? That's the odd factor, to me.

It could be that he got lost after going off the trail a bit (maybe to urinate or something). There have been people who get lost on trails who said (after the were rescued) that they thought they would just go several yards off the trail to pee, but then get turned around and get hopelessly lost. If that's what happened to this guy, he could have walked the wrong lost way for a while as he searched for the way back to the trail, but ended up in the boulder field.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

He wasn't jogging to meet friends. He jogged ahead of them on the trail as they walked. His friends expected him to be at the lake already when they got there.

As for reasons why he needed to climb toward the ridge (if he did fall from the ridge), it could be that he went off-trail to do something (e.g., pee, smoke a joint, etc.) but went too far off the trail and couldn't find his way back.

Maybe he then walked around lost for a while and found his way into the boulder field, and then tried to climb the ridge to get a better view to hopefully find his way out, but fell backward as he tried to climb.

I didn't say he was jogging with friends; I said he was a jogger, going to meet friends. He said we are told, that he was jogging ahead and would meet them. Why would he go so far off trail, if that was the plan? All reports state this is a short stretch of trail and it is very clear, if you watch the video from the link in the OP. No rational adult would get lost on that trail.

We don't have enough details on this fall, or where in the boulder field he was found, but 25 minutes away seems like a lot, and he wasn't found the same day. How many times, I winder, did helicopters go over that area before they spotted him? How soon after he vanished did he die? Are they sure he died there? Was a proper forensic investigation done, or did they assume he fell,a nd not check it out?

originally posted by: Legman

Exactly. The "friends" stories seem off.

What is off about their report? We have been told nothing so far that would indicate authorities didn't believe the, or would have any reason to not believe them.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ok, after some researching, those rocks are on the exact trail from the parking lot. Read reviews on the hike and most people mention having to climb over those rocks because they cross the path. Which makes this even more weird. It's on the way to the lake, a well traveled path. But here's the kicker. He was reported missing around 5 pm on Friday, 30 volunteers plus the SARS team don't find him. Then he shows up at 2 pm Saturday on the rocks covering the only trail to the lake.

ETA: Well here you go. He was found at the base. New news just released along with his name

On Saturday, the young man's body was found at the base of a boulder field along the portion of the trail that continues on the Greendrop Lake.

Although the Lindeman Lake Trail is considered one of the more accessible hikes in the area, the boulder field (scree) at the north end of the lake can be challenging. Some of the rocks are unstable, and there is no clear trail across the field.

Except now they say north end instead of south west.
www.theprogress.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I disagree.
Proving Bigfoot is the hard part.
I assume Bigfoot to be friendly.
Living out in the country and seeing bears and panthers first hand
they are less dangerous than my fellow humans.
Besides, is Bigfoot carnivorous with a taste for humans?
Or just homicidal and ill tempered?

edit on 8-6-2015 by starswift because: just because

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Ok, after some researching, those rocks are on the exact trail from the parking lot. Read reviews on the hike and most people mention having to climb over those rocks because they cross the path. Which makes this even more weird. It's on the way to the lake, a well traveled path. But here's the kicker. He was reported missing around 5 pm on Friday, 30 volunteers plus the SARS team don't find him. Then he shows up at 2 pm Saturday on the rocks covering the only trail to the lake.

ETA: Well here you go. He was found at the base. New news just released along with his name

On Saturday, the young man's body was found at the base of a boulder field along the portion of the trail that continues on the Greendrop Lake.

Although the Lindeman Lake Trail is considered one of the more accessible hikes in the area, the boulder field (scree) at the north end of the lake can be challenging. Some of the rocks are unstable, and there is no clear trail across the field.

Except now they say north end instead of south west.
www.theprogress.com...

Wait, what?!?!? First we are told the area where he was found is twenty-five minutes away from the trail and now we are told it's ON the trail? Plus, we are told a completely different part? Something is VERY off here. What are they covering up??

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Unless they got their direction of the rock pile wrong from the start and it is north of the lake, north east to be precise.
In which case would be about a 30 min hike from the lake entrance.
edit on 8-6-2015 by FlySolo because: I'm my own grammar nazi

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I could see the direction being misstated, maybe, but the distance? Twenty-five minutes from any trail, and right on the trail, are very different. If it was right at the end of the trail, no one would have wondered how/why he was there. Weird, in any case.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well I can't see him being out there right at the start of the trail surrounding the lake the whole time while people were looking for him so he must have been off to the north east. Who knows, it's fishy regardless

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join