It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 411 missing hiker type event, Chilliwack, BC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Paulide's never mentions bigfoot being the cause and or reason for the missing in national parks. No one should suggest this unless there is proof positive. from what I've read sasquatch bigfoot or whomever are of a peaceful race and this information comes from people that have had numerous habitual,interactions with them.
so unless we have eyewitness accounts that leave no doubt there is something else responsible for the missing.
also there are many other cryptids roaming around some we know nothing about...but have a feeling we will soon enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sounds like he fell, which is a terrible tragedy for his family and friends.

Maybe he wasn't familiar with the location and was ill-prepared re: footwear, gear, etc.

It happens. Too frequently, I'm afraid. This is a much more plausible explanation than a Sasquatch abducting and throwing the man to his death, no?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

does it have to be explained ?????

sigh - apparently so :

he RAN OFF and LEFT his friends on a prefectly pleasant walk down a trail

and you think him leaving the trail is " mysterious "

FFS - get a grip .

hint - his friends didnt think him running off was unusual

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You get a grip, take a chill pill. Your "fact" is about meaningful as the coil I left in the toilet. He jogged, that's it that's all we know. You're making stories in your mind to feed a narrative. In your mind

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I completely agree with you but I'd like to see a trail map if that is possible...If that is how things happened, then why would the park ranger in the news interview be so perplexed on how the dead body arrived on the boulder field?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

I completely agree with you but I'd like to see a trail map if that is possible...If that is how things happened, then why would the park ranger in the news interview be so perplexed on how the dead body arrived on the boulder field?

He was perplexed why the guy would not stick to the trail to the lake, which was a very well-traveled trail.

I saw other sources of information (other articles about this) in which the searchers said that the boulder field in which he was found was below a ridge, and either fell from higher up the ridge or from the cliffs that are also above the boulder field.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm curious have any of these dissapeared people been armed?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

As a male (barely) in that category, I must concur.

Edit: Minus, of course, the "radical" and "gnarly". If I ever utter such words (except in jest), I hope somebody swiftly punches me in the face.

You post a lot, and this dark comment of yours is pretty upsetting to read....I really hope you don't feel so violent about those words, or words in general. You're a male barely in that category of being out-doorsey I'm guessing what you are referring to but you would resort to violence over words. Ok, nice, seems like you are in a different category of male all together...like someone who would start a bar fight over words. Might want to lower your testosterone down there a little. No need to get hostile over something so silly, like 80's surfer vocab made popular from Fast Times and TMNT to inflict violence upon ones self or others.

There are some people in the world who bite their lip when they hear other people talk, there's nothing admirable about having a distance in culture with other people in the world. Someone could save your life one day who speaks in tongues that make you cringe, I suggest to get over it, and be more accepting of people who might not have had the educational opportunity that you had.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

does it have to be explained ?????

sigh - apparently so :

he RAN OFF and LEFT his friends on a prefectly pleasant walk down a trail

and you think him leaving the trail is " mysterious "

FFS - get a grip .

hint - his friends didnt think him running off was unusual

Yes, everything has a perfectly normal explanation which is why the Search and Rescue folks are baffled.

ETA: This article doesn't have a cloud of mystery like the other. The same S&R guy says it looks like a "tragic accident."

Source
edit on 6/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

As a male (barely) in that category, I must concur.

Edit: Minus, of course, the "radical" and "gnarly". If I ever utter such words (except in jest), I hope somebody swiftly punches me in the face.

You post a lot, and this dark comment of yours is pretty upsetting to read....I really hope you don't feel so violent about those words, or words in general. You're a male barely in that category of being out-doorsey I'm guessing what you are referring to but you would resort to violence over words. Ok, nice, seems like you are in a different category of male all together...like someone who would start a bar fight over words. Might want to lower your testosterone down there a little. No need to get hostile over something so silly, like 80's surfer vocab made popular from Fast Times and TMNT to inflict violence upon ones self or others.

There are some people in the world who bite their lip when they hear other people talk, there's nothing admirable about having a distance in culture with other people in the world. Someone could save your life one day who speaks in tongues that make you cringe, I suggest to get over it, and be more accepting of people who might not have had the educational opportunity that you had.

Your sarcasm detector needs adjusting. Badly.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Well than the park ranger's interview is mis leading because the video footage from the trail and his description seemed very beginner. It shouldn't be so bizarre that he ran off the trail looking for something more difficult. In my experience in the backcountry you can definitely accidentally fall off a 100 foot cliff out of nowhere. It's just surprising why they didn't outright say that a day time hiker, went off the lake trail, and made his way up to boulder ridge, or whatever the name of the ridge is, and fell off from the ridge. But they didn't say that....

Since the park ranger beat around the bush so much in that interview and said it was bizarre, I'm guessing they don't have the trails and boundary lines, and cliff lines marked, and that is why the hiker fell. I bet that is why the interview sounded full of bs...because it's the park's fault for not marking the out of boundary trails, or warning dangerous cliff ahead. All trails have these markings, especially in the out of bounds area. This is my debunking of a big foot theory. I bet the trails warnings aren't marked.

"It's so bizarre how he got there..." Yeah buddy because the trails aren't marked in a dangerous area! Parks fault!! Not big foot! So sad...could have been avoided...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I wasn't sarcastic...I speak fluently in the surfer/street slang and I don't appreciate other's rolling their eyes or wanting to get physical over such words. Or any slang for that matter. Slang is one of the most interesting things about language. If you ever travel somewhere and learn the local language it's an enjoyable experience to learn the local slang phrases that you won't find in your tour guide book. Some people are close minded, and I can't do anything to change that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Where he was found was quite a distance from the normal trail to the lake (about a 25-minute walk from the trail). It's not a case of him meandering only a slight bit from the main trail and then falling.

I suppose it is possible that he felt like going off-trail for some reason and got lost, and then ended up in the boulder field -- at which point maybe he tried to climb to the top of the ridge to get a better look at his surroundings to look for a way out, but fell while doing so.

However, that does not explain why he decided to go off-trail to begin with when it was his intention to meet his friends at the lake. Then again, some people like to go off and explore. Maybe that's what he did, and then got lost.

edit on 6/8/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I wasn't sarcastic...I speak fluently in the surfer/street slang and I don't appreciate other's rolling their eyes or wanting to get physical over such words. Or any slang for that matter. Slang is one of the most interesting things about language. If you ever travel somewhere and learn the local language it's an enjoyable experience to learn the local slang phrases that you won't find in your tour guide book. Some people are close minded, and I can't do anything to change that.

Ha... haha...

No... I meant that the other guy's statements about being punched in the face were sarcastic. Not yours. You failed to detect the sarcasm, therefore your detector needs calibrating.

Yeesh...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ok correct...I assumed my rebuttal needed to be more sarcastic as I took the other person's post too seriously...lol...no biggie...I do know there are a lot of people who are not sarcastic with the opinion of anti-slang talk...or anti-emoji talk, etc...so pardon me everyone. Apologies around...haha

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

When someone falls off a balcony, they investigate the angular distance from where he landed in the fall to the balcony in the event they were pushed or just fell.

The same can be done in this case. I make a valid point when looking the boulders in the pictures I uploaded. If he did indeed climb to the top and fell, he won't be at the bottom. If he was found at the bottom for example, then he didn't fall. Know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

When someone falls off a balcony, they investigate the angular distance from where he landed in the fall to the balcony in the event they were pushed or just fell.

The same can be done in this case. I make a valid point when looking the boulders in the pictures I uploaded. If he did indeed climb to the top and fell, he won't be at the bottom. If he was found at the bottom for example, then he didn't fall. Know what I mean?

Maybe he didn't fall from the top, but only from a short way up. A short fall can kill a person if they hit their head a certain way. People have died from head injuries after falling in their own homes.

Heck -- I bet it's possible that he fell backwards while walking on the boulders and hit his head.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

25 minute walk, but he was running....so not that far....Why did he do that...maybe to take a photo? Maybe to smoke something? 100% of the time stoners go off trail to smoke, so they don't get caught. I have no idea if that is what he was doing. I think the ranger proclaiming it being such a mystery is telling that the trails are not marked properly, or marked at all. I don't know, need more information I guess about the trail and the access to the ridge above the boulder field from the parking lot lake hike.

Quite often access to the out of bounds is near the parking lot. So I could see him B-Linining it up the mountain off the beginner trail, and then wound up on top. The later walking somewhere that was highly dangerous. They didn't say he fell because they would get in trouble for not marking off the boundary lines. We'll just have to see...curious...but for the place to be haunted like that to snatch someone up, is not likely. Unless more evidence comes out saying so...

My first question to ask is about the trail, access to the ridge, and trail/cliff/out of bounds signs and roping.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Agree with both of you, but why would the ranger say it's such a mystery...only to play dumb that there are no warning signs in the area? He's not going to say, well he ended up dead on the boulders, because we don't have any warning signs put up. Oopps...No he's not going to say that. People are going to go off the trail, it's common sense. Seems odd the news report would say it's bizarre and a mystery. That is why we need the trail map of the area to see how he could have accessed the boulder field from the parking lot to lake trail.

When someone dies in the wilderness, the news reports always states that the person went out of bounds, passed the marked boundaries and were hiking or skiing/snowboarding at their own risk at that point, etc..in an area with no cell service, etc...So for them to say it's a mystery, a 25 minute walking distance from the area? How mysterious are we talking here? Sounds like there is more to the story...still sad I don't like contemplating too much because the hiker is not with us anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

25 minute walk, but he was running....so not that far....Why did he do that...maybe to take a photo? Maybe to smoke something? 100% of the time stoners go off trail to smoke, so they don't get caught. I have no idea if that is what he was doing. I think the ranger proclaiming it being such a mystery is telling that the trails are not marked properly, or marked at all...

He was found a 25-minute from the trail, but that's not necessarily where he went when he jogged off.

He jogged ahead of them, but on the trail (as far as anyone knew). The main trail is supposedly very well marked and used by many people who casually walk to the lake (families with children and such). It isn't thought that he accidentally ended up off-trail.

He may have felt like going off-trail to explore, urinate, or even smoke "something", as you suggested. There have been accounts of people getting lost in the woods who said (after they were found) that they just went a few yards off-trail to urinate, and then got so turned around that they lost the trail, and then walked in the wrong direction to the point of getting lost. Maybe that's what happened to this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join