It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Mice, then Monkeys....then Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The future is here! I love this kinda stuff!

First Come Mice:

"A Chinese doctor has been surgically transplanting the heads of mice—and he eventually wants to perform head transplants on humans, too."

time.com...

"Surgeon Xiaoping Ren has performed roughly 1,000 head transplants on mice since 2013, and has had more success than anyone else with the surgery, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal. The mice—whose new heads sometimes have different colored fur than their bodies—have lived as long as a day after the operations."

Then the Monkeys:

"In the wake of hundreds of mouse operations, the scientists are planning to conduct the first primate head transplants where the patient survives on its own for at least a while. The surgery will connect only a fraction of the spinal nerve fibers in the long-tailed macaque monkeys going under the knife, but it should be enough to maintain voluntary muscle movement and other crucial functions"

www.engadget.com...

"The hope, of course, is that all these troubles will pay off. You'd theoretically have a head transplant as a option when replacing limbs and organs just isn't possible. One neurosurgeon, Sergio Canavero, is even vowing to try a human head transplant within two years. The plans are ambitious (and arguably grotesque), but the very fact that they're even on the table shows how much medical technology has changed in recent years."

Next come Humans:

"30-year-old Russian man volunteers for world's first human head transplant"

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

"Dr. Sergio Canavero, of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group (TANG) in Italy, first spoke of his plans to carry out the first human head transplantation in July 2013 - a project named HEAVEN-GEMINI."

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Meet the man…

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumin

It was a hoax

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In this old video from around 1940 they show Russian experiments on dogs. A dog is beheaded and they maintain the head alive. Also another experiment in which they drain a dog from all its blood for 10 min then "revive" the dog.This video is not for people who can't stand this kind of experiments on animals and particularly on dogs.

Seeing this is from 1940, I am sure human head transplant has been tried by someone somewhere since then.

edit on 7-6-2015 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumin

they have stored cryogenic heads for people who cant afford full body cryogenics, in hope of one day being able to attach it to a body or machine.... lol

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There's a few ATS members that would benefit from this procedure

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i hunt, and have killed a lot of animals for food in my life. I am not averse to death in a normal context. But this seems macabre. Even if it is a hoax, the thought of killing otherwise viable animals so you can play biological erector set seems so morally reprehensible to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
they are going to deliberately maintain an animal that is near human in a living state with some of it's nerves attached? "hopefully" for weeks? with it pinned to a table with it's flesh and nerves exposed to air? what in the hell are they thinking?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
mad science done by mad scientists. transplanting heads? really? i despair.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Go for it transplant everything until we can just clone ourselves and become immortal. Then we need to work on improving the bodies so they dont need transplanting, we need to work on super powers FTW!

top topics

join