It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the time to be inspired. Cancer, i bid you an Eff you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm a survivor. I got cancer at 31 years of age. 10 years ago. As an adult I assure you the TX ( treatment ) was very sickening. Made me forget I had cancer.
But I'm not going to talk about me.

Tattoo tom is a colleague, and all around great dad of a daughter whom passed away from cancer. He is who I wish to bring some attention.
I just got an email of his next venture. I cried a bit. Last year he ran 100 miles to raise awareness to childhood cancer. Tom was damn near crippled by the end... not this dad! It was for his baby girl. He finished.

Now Tom is prepping to do 200 miles. He was doing a 50 mile run for practice. This practice run is going help to start in lake Tahoe. The elevation is a breathing nightmare. I know because I grew up in the Reno/Tahoe area. What you won't see is this. Tom was almost ready to call it quits. But Tom has a following. Out from a crowed of people, emerged a little girl.. bald from CA treatment.. he didn't know her. But she knew him. She grabbed his hand and helped him finish what he started.

This man has given a speech at a TED talk conference. He's no joke. He's the guy that makes me call my dad just to say I love you.

I'll give you his web page.

www.stillbrave.org...

Where do I come in... here's what I do.

www.peachsneetfeet.com...

( peaches custom paints shoes for very sick children ) go ahead! Ask if I can paint the cast of Frozen! Yes I can!

Our 2 organizations help each other a lot.. Tom paints shoes for us as well. This guy has art in his veins. What takes me a week. Tom cracks out in 2 days. Tom if you see this... I bid you everything I got!

Wanted to say. Part of my job is to register each child that comes across my board.. I have to log in the age, diagnosis, location and doctor...
We are 7 days into the new month. I have 26 cases of childhood cancers. I average 50+ new cases a month. That's to much

And with that I have to say... HEY ALABAMA AND ARKASAS! WTH!

So that's it. I don't want to bore yinz.
But with all the bickering happening here on ATS. Thought this might help knowing that there is a crowed out there that can't speak up like we can.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bless you Bigburgh!!!

F# cancer!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks Charlie!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It must be a tough gig working with these children . I am pretty sure i could not , i would either be strong or compassionate , not sure if i could be both at the same time . A sort of self defence thing if you want .

Screw you cancer .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I cry regularly.. it's a fact.
I still have not found a balance.

Please know. Everyone involved volunteers their time.
It might be someone here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Everyone.. please watch if you have time. The TEDx talk. Tom is admittedly bodily enhanced. But his speech is great!
Just scroll down a bit.. click on the YouTube link.

www.stillbrave.org...

Forget the tattoos and piercings... just listen.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Inspiring and heartbreaking video at the same time , i had to watch it in 2 parts . The potato chips statistic is astounding .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You are not alone here . I live with cancer and have for 2 years.Fight the good fight and ROCK ON

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yep breaking a tear!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I had cancer a few years ago and it is always in the back of my mind. It scares the hell out of me just to go to a Doctor's office or have any kind of tests. I'm so afraid they will find something again. They watch me like a damned hawk and I just wish I could be left alone. Sometimes I can't even read about anything cancer related, good or bad. I just want to forget for a while. Right now I have a child hood friend going through treatments, so it's impossible not to have it on my mind. I have been able to help her tremendously to deal with this as best she can.

Kudos to you and all those who make a difference in the lives of cancer patients! HUGS!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You are not alone here . I live with cancer and have for 2 years.Fight the good fight and ROCK ON

Plot twist. I'm with you. In fact tomorrow I have a exploratory surgery.. in my neck. So I'll miss ATS for 2 days. Because sewickley hospital has a net filter.. I can't log onto ATS or any news sites.. they call it Barracuda security..

But while I'm there.. 2 kids getting donations from thechive will be waiting.... can't wait to meet them!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I feel! Every time the white blood cell count comes in!

deleted 2 paragraphs... anyone here.. I have your back. See you in two days!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I feel! Every time the white blood cell count comes in!

deleted 2 paragraphs... anyone here.. I have your back. See you in two days!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!

And being a woman, going for one mammogram a year is awful, never mind every 6 months! GRRRR!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hey.. it saved my mom.
I know its a pain in the butt.. but.

I have my mom. She got breast cancer.. but.. she came through.
In fact last week she got a stomach staple... errm.. she decided at 62 she needed a bikini.. ewwww!

But I can talk to her...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Cancers days are hopefully very numbered. day by day new treatments are being used and the survivor list is growing dramatically. I look forward to a day when such attention to people raising awareness is no longer a thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm tired... should I give in? I want to see Asia.. hell.. I still have a date with south America.... is it time.. should I quit?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Cancers days are hopefully very numbered. day by day new treatments are being used and the survivor list is growing dramatically. I look forward to a day when such attention to people raising awareness is no longer a thing.

Love you! I'm very emotional....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm scared

Good night ATS.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'm scared too, but we can be warriors and rage against the cancer demon. HUGS!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join