It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We bailed you out, and now you want what!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

In my nation we work as a collective, we are doing the exact same thing you are doing and it will pop. Do I think it's the bankers fault, no. It's greed in a common man who doesn't understand the meaning of slavery

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

No more bailouts......Let them fail. If you do not have risk in lending bad things will happen over and over again. The federal reserve is flat out nuts to print money and loan it to these thieves.

The jig is just about up......Inflation is far worse than they say it is and the average person is having huge issues paying rent and feeding themselves. When the bottom 50% fail the truth will finally come out and everything will change. I often wonder if they did it for reason...........Look into past history like Germany. Germans could not afford food and housing so they demanded change.....Hitler was a man of the people a social progressive. He fought for the common working man and that is why they elected him and loved him once he gained power.

Make things so bad people demand and beg for change............See the pattern.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Just wait till the bail-in's start, where they start the depositor haircuts.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

I would have to strongly disagree and say it is the bankers fault. They are supposed to be "trustworthy" and are bonded to keeping honest books but have done the total opposite. We are too busy working and doing our part making an honest dollar( most of us) to have to make sure they are doing the job we trusted them to do!
They knew exactly what they are doing and no fear of economic ruin should ever stop people from being perpetually screwed in the butt.
I also think if the legal system somehow under some miracle of impossible odds actually did their job the whole system of markets, banks and capitalism could actually benefit the many as opposed to the few.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Slickinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

We'd get over it.

The sun would still come up in the morning. Our kids would still love us.

I grow increasingly tired of the bailing out of institutions that are too stupid, or too corrupt, or a combination of both to live or die on their own.

My tax monies need to be spent on my needs, not on some investment bankers greed. His institution is going under? Forgive me if I'm not feeling all that sympathetic to his issues. His employees at the bottom end, OK. Him and his immediate underlings who have more money in their pockets right now then I'll have in the next year...not so much.

Why is it that I can get along on @30000/yr easily, and he/they can't on 100/1000x that?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

Lets say they didnt bail them out, how do you think your economy would look like?
You seen a movie called the purge or Mad Max? Monkeys without food will do some weird # in a society

It's an interesting question. I suspect that what would have happened is the government would have to step in and break the banks up into sub companies based on their sectors. By doing so they could create a bunch of smaller competitive businesses for the future. Of course that would also mean concentrating all the toxic assets on other companies which would then fold and wipe out peoples savings.

Had they not stepped in, housing values would probably be half what they are now but at the same time homes would have been liquidated. We wouldn't have more empty homes in the country than homeless people. A lot of people would owe 3x more on their home than it's now worth, but that would have been the end result of the risk people were told about when buying in the years leading up to 2008. Most peoples retirement funds would have probably been wiped out. In the end, a whole bunch of people would have likely filed bankruptcy.

What that would do to our economy? Official unemployment would probably be higher, but unofficial is already at 37% so I don't think that changes much. Way more people would be on food stamps today. There would probably be some sort of entitlement reform happening out of necessity. The dollar would be in a weaker position. The most tangible effect that I see is I suspect schools would be getting a major overhaul, they were heavily funded through the insolvent programs. Not only would the teacher retirements have been gone which would get them out of the career, but schools would consolidate. We would probably be back to the old days of K-12 all in one building, and 60 students to a classroom.

In exchange, we would have a banking system that's no longer on the verge of collapse.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
These sick parasites have no shame, morals or souls, their desire for money is insatiable. I heard word about this perhaps a couple of years ago, AIG Sewer King, Hank Greenberg wants more after being bailed out by the Taxpayers! They want to go to Court to argue that they didn't Benefit enough from the Bailouts.

Perhaps they are just practicing their plays for when the Trans Pacific Partnership deal comes into play. I bet they are slobering at the mouth for when go time comes.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Why are you surprised

Nothing surprises me after 9/11

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

A logical thought! I like you!!
Now the dollar in a weak spot, all sectors affected drop in sales and demand, prices rocket. The hamster wheel is what you save not the economy, I like people like you who can see the bigger picture
Leaders lead the monkeys, I hope you can lead when it's time

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Its idealism, people who tends to care for money works with money. Humans have a tendency to want more even though is enough, called instincts

In my lexicon, that's called 'Greed', and that's what started this whole mess to begin with centuries ago. It's about those who have a lot wanting more, for no good reason other than to want more . . . just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The book "Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of how Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System - And Themselves" explains it all.

Nothing like this surprises me anymore. Bunch of entitled life-sucking corporatocrats whining more for.
get bent Greenberg

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No I'm a simple man who try to teach people what happened is your own fault

What happened?

The government "gave" a ton of money (adding trillions to the National Debt and tax burden) to insolvent companies instead of letting them fail.

Those companies threatened to bring down the economy (blackmailed) if they didn't get the "grant", or else.

The biggest single government welfare check ever written. The same people still run those same companies today. They should be in jail for blackmail, fraud, theft and murder.

Personally I think they should be be headed at halftime on the 50 yard line, but hey the world we live in is backwards, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Can somebody please explain why these guys havent been assassinated for even suggesting this? Must we tolerate being robbed this way?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's politics, If i was a better actor I'd join them

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

That's politics, If i was a better actor I'd join them

Its a big club and you don't belong.

Sir George, Language warning…

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
where's MY bailout? i also made 'bad decisions' (as the bankers' criminality is often described) but mine were to my own detriment and not calculated number-juggling to make myself rich at everyone else's expense. where are ALL our bailouts?

oh i forgot, the banks were 'too big to fail'. but not too big to steal, cheat and defraud the whole world. their endless greed is killing society, happily aided and abetted by government, helped in no small part by focussing on the poor and shifting the blame to them (those 'lazy welfare bums' etc, ad nauseum). many, many of the banking fraternity should be rotting in jail. instead they were rewarded. bully for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Now why do you suppose?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Enough is enough!
When are the People going to rise up to this?
This is "Fleecing" by all standards!

S&F as usual. Thanks for the topic and bringing this to us.

im still waiting for the so called "revolution" is it happening tonight? tomorrow night? the night after that?
still waiting guys.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's me hoping that Mad Max would actually happen one day.

No, I don't think living in a nuclear desolate world is fun, but it sure beats what we have now.

Most of us are slaves to a 9 to 5 job anyway, it would be interesting to see the world go back to bartering systems... lol

edit on 6/8/2015 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Their bought and paid for puppets in Congress will grant them any wish that they desire. Congress does not represent the people whatsoever. I personally think that we need annual investigations into their shady dealings, as well as routine drug testing, and terms limits too.

Business as usual has continued in D.C with these liars for far too long. When will the madness end? ~$heopleNation

edit on 8-6-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join