It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death penalty.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Themarkedone

I know a lad who murdered another lad in a fist fight when he was 18.
Did 14 years and he is looking after eldery folk now doing a grand job..he is paying for his crimes everyday.
Should he have been put down like a dog?.

I can understand child rapists and killers but all murderers?.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Child molesters, rapists, terrorists and murderers all deserve this fate, as they serve no purpose and cannot be rehabilitated.

I agree with you 100%

Take the murderers of the squadie Lee Rigby one of whom was given a "whole of life" sentance....what possible reason is there for keeping him alive?...he's never getting out, he's a young man, and he will cost the tax payer hundreds of thousands of pounds to keep him tucked up in a prison cell for the rest of his life......pointless.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think death penalty have a place when society is going down the drain, lets say there is a very violent gang rape and the victim is left in a coma, or dead, and in a few month another and in a few weeks another, just grab the first one you can and execute him to set an example.

So for very violent crimes one now and then could be a deterrence factor.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I bet there would be some takers at a supermax where there is no interaction and 23hr a day lockup.

Maybe.....but we don't really do "supermax" in the UK, we are more concerned with "Human Rights"

A lowlife child killer simply must have access to a TV and a playstation and a comfortable cell...it's his/her rights don't you know!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I see Heavy flaw with your examples of ..

Child molesters, rapists, terrorists and murderers all deserve this fate, as they serve no purpose and cannot be rehabilitated.

First, Terrorist is a vague terms, and many like to throw that around people they don't like. Freedom fighters can be used for some who does acts to prevent or counteract invasion.

Most Pedophiles were once abused as a child, how does that work on pushing them?.. and most of them do go to rehabilitations and live a secluded life.

Rapists, in a world of many false accusation of rape and "different types of rape", marital rape, violent rape, revenge rape, and for the heck of it, stare rape. I see a person who might get death for something not so horrible.

Murderers, unless caught with 100% evidence, video camera, witness, etc... there are many way they can be falsely accused.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
its irrelevant whether you like it or not, some people will carry it out on their own outside the law.

If the death penalty was used more frequently than people would see justice was served rather than go out and get their own justice.

If the courts dont give people a feeling of justice then its left to the people.

You cant stop that.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well, they won't. A death penalty is a very final way to make sure that particular person doesn't hurt anyone ever again.

Is it a deterrent? No. There's no evidence for that, that I'm aware of.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Should he have been put down like a dog?.

No he shouldn't.....sounds more like manslaughter than murder, I doubt many people get into a fist fight with the intent to actually kill someone, I reckon if we had the death penalty here he would have still got the sentance he got.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

He said he was going to kill him and ran outside and punched him he went down..murder.
You could tell he was still paying for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

He said he was going to kill him and ran outside and punched him he went down..murder.
You could tell he was still paying for it.

It's a tough one....I've had more than a few bust ups in my 50+ years, I reckon I've threatened to kill someone before a fight as well ( I'll wager a lot of people have).....I would have been absolutely mortified if I had have done mind!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 No he shouldn't, he should of been made to work on a farm or in a clothes factory or some similar menial place, I'm talking about people who stab and shoot people for fun, a teenager killing another in a fist fight is trivial compared to the crimes i'm talking about.

Would he not fail a CRB check being a convicted murderer, therefore barring him for life from working with children and vulnerable adults?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No he was put through a scheme through prison abd gas special licence.
Had to jump through hoops but he was very good at his job.
He had restrictions on what he could and couldn't do though.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream Terrorist is a vague term? Head on over to liveleak for 10 minutes and tell me that, have you not seen the pictures of children blown to piles of mince meat.

If they were abused themselves they know how bad it is, so they deserve it even more.
Rape can be proven by forensics with incredible accuracy, the signs are fairly obvious if you've ever met a rape victim even without science.
Fair enough on the murder point, that has to be looked at case by case.
edit on 762015 by Themarkedone because: damn phone

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

A death penalty is a very final way to make sure that particular person doesn't hurt anyone ever again.

So is a life behind bars .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll
I understand, I'm in canadaville
it's much the same philosophy here. I have mixed feeling on it but I just don't trust the system. I would be happy with life in isolation for the real bad ones.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm all for the death penalty except for Texas where they send innocent men to the death chamber regularly.

www.newsweek.com...

firstlook.org...

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am for it but with proper oversight and certainty that the party is in fact guilty.

I believe there are people who can not be redeemed. Simply because they see nothing wrong with what they have done. The mind of a sociopath is wired differently than that of a 'normal' person. They do not have the ability to feel compassion. To them other people are things they have dominion over. No guilt, no anxiety, no remorse. Nothing. They believe not only do they have the right to exert their will over people but that they actually have the responsibility to do so. These people can not be healed. They are not sick, they are genetic misfires.

Every state has sent an innocent man to his death at one time or another. And every state has allowed guilty men to walk free. The system is not perfect but it is the best we have. Texas does one thing I like. If at least three people saw you do it, there is no twenty years on death row. You go to the head of the line. But that is three credible eye witnesses so the chances of getting it wrong are slim at best.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I do believe some cases justify the death penalty, but the evidence MUST be very good, in order for it to be real justice. Some crimes are heinous, and removing the perp from society, permanently, isn't a bad thing. Killing the wrong guy is. There isn't an easy answer for this one.

I guess I am for it as long as the system is properly handled, and truly just. There seems to be a lot of leeway there, though, case by case.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There are more minorities in prison than population ratios would predict.

There's our "just system".

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

only in that justice system where carrying more than certain amount of drugs is equal to rape and murder :/

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join