It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Yes. No. Maybe. Questions apply!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i somewhat believe in it, we are made of atoms and atoms= energy and energy is never created nor destroyed so... haha i dont know i guess its possible also i read some stuff about like a 4 year old boy who had some definitive proof how he died from his past life... also said how he was murdered perfectly and they found the body buried and he recalled everything perfectly.

Any Ideas on Deja Vu?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Reincarnation is a lie and does not exist. Why?

First there is no biblical teaching in the bible that speaks of mankind being reincarnated; it does however speak of the resurrection. There is a difference between resurrection and reincarnation.

If reincarnation exists then there is no more any fear of being held liable for your sins. Commit all the sins you want because there is no judgement because you will be reincarnated....

Jesus died on the cross for no reason.

Can you see why reincarnation is a lie?

Can you understand that reincarnation destroys the teachings of the bible?

Any Christian who believes in reincarnation is believing in a lie.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

First there is no biblical teaching in the bible that speaks of mankind being reincarnated; it does however speak of the resurrection. There is a difference between resurrection and reincarnation.

If reincarnation exists then there is no more any fear of being held liable for your sins. Commit all the sins you want because there is no judgement because you will be reincarnated....

By your text and your facts i see that reincarnation is true. There was no Jesus. I wont go in debate, but you can watch Zeigeist they have a pretty damn good proof that Jesus did not exist as a person. It is a Sun.

Bible teachings is a hoax so a sheeps can pay money to church or so the church can control the masses. If you cant see that, i suggest dont bother with reincarnation, start bothering with simple things:

Jesus:
Why were there several other gods before him that had 12 followers, they all died and ressurected 3 days after and so on..
If you want to know the truth abpout church i m sure you can see what did this fat cat corporation do to world. They killed more people than Adolf Hitler, but Adolf Hitler is evil and they are saint, because they write that in bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Does reincarnation exist?
Maybe.

What do you need to push you in the direction of yes or no?
In order to be convinced that reincarnation is real, a profound personal experience where I am not under the influence of a substance would be enough to convince me - but it would need to be very profound indeed. It's sort of impossible to prove something does not definitively exist, so I cannot rule out the possibility that reincarnation might exist.

Is the concept of death a reality to you?
Undecided. A part of me feels that death is indeed an actual reality where your whole being ceases to exist. Another part of me feels that reincarnation is a possibility, while a further division within me feels that the concept of death cannot be comprehended accurately in our current existence.

Do feel life is a series of lessons to be learned?
Possibly. Although hearing about babies dying soon after birth and other people suffering so much during their lives, I tend to cast doubt on that theory.

On the other hand, I have consistent dreams where I am in a school/learning environment and my feelings and emotions are a lot different to how they are in real life. So it is possible.

Are those lessons necessary for the evolution of your soul?
If there are lessons to be learned, then they would indeed be necessary in some capacity for our eternal soul to learn.

Do religious concepts ring true to you?
There are certainly some concepts in religion that ring true, but overall it feels as though religion is a means to control and divide, so I do not put too much faith into it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

By your text and your facts i see that reincarnation is true. There was no Jesus. I wont go in debate, but you can watch Zeigeist they have a pretty damn good proof that Jesus did not exist as a person. It is a Sun.

Bible teachings is a hoax so a sheeps can pay money to church or so the church can control the masses. If you cant see that, i suggest dont bother with reincarnation, start bothering with simple things:

Jesus:
Why were there several other gods before him that had 12 followers, they all died and ressurected 3 days after and so on..
If you want to know the truth abpout church i m sure you can see what did this fat cat corporation do to world. They killed more people than Adolf Hitler, but Adolf Hitler is evil and they are saint, because they write that in bible.

I did not realize there were people out here who still believe in Zeigeist. This has been debunked some time ago. You should try to stay up with the information age.

I love how you try to make a weak attempt as to why the church or religions evolve and how little you actually know about the subject or its history. Apparently you know little of history. Rulers ruled over people...... kings, queens, princes, presidents, prime ministers, and dictators have always ruled over people. Religion has influenced some leaders but the final decision came from the ruler not the church and often the decisions had nothing to do with religion.

Mankind is ruled by the sword, not the word. Always has been and always will be.

Religion does not kill people.......people kill people and those who commit murder and fail to repent will pay for this terrible sin.

That is one of many problems today......... some people simply must put a label on it to identify it.

edit on 8-6-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Wow, thanks. Had no idea someone have conspiracy theory on the conspiracy theory.
I will watch it.

But anyways, my standing point is hardly shocked by any video, book, rumor, news, since i know, or i better say i feel what is right and what is wrong.

I m born Christian, and i know church is dirty, inside and outside. If there is a god, all Christians will burn in hell (since they believe in that). But nobody will burn and nobody will get punished, because it is not important what you do in this life or another. What is important is to spread energy. There are some proofs in other topic that Love is the higher energy, so good people that love will spread higher energy. I know there are loving religious people out there, but many of those are just hiding behind the religion so they can easy without guilty conscience spread bad evil energy.

About me saying church killed people, i was thinking about history. You know there was a witch hunt, pagan hunt, crusader wars and other religious wars...

So you say some anonymous leaders start a war in the name of the god and church said, dont go, but somehow everyone went in a war?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is false.

Reincarnation in the Bible
Biblical inferences that are compatible with the concept of reincarnation.

False. Wouldn't you consider being born in a diseased worn torn neighborhood a punishment for sin? Can you see how living a life of reaping what was sewn in the past, instead of burning in Hell for eternity, reflects a more benevolent God?

If you say so.

Nope

Nope.

Says you.

edit on 8-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I like what was said in the film - The day the earth stood still - where mr Reeves' character says "the universe wastes nothing". I love the idea that we are brought back after death to assist in another life or even as yourself with no existing memory?

I have read reports where people claim to remember previous lives?

It is all very exciting and I very much hope that after we pass, we have a chance to start again.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes, and I knew this but did not express it as a child. i at an early age knew my role that needed playing, knew that my being the poorest of the poor, starving and nearly dying during the winters due to cold and having little heat. I even told a mysterious woman on the street one cold winter as I stood there with a discarded suit coat as my on protection from the cold, I being smaller the coat hanging to my knees. I told her when she asked if I was angry that I was so poor.

The wisdom of that kid, me then goes beyond my limited experience then. "No, I replied, I am luckier than all the other kids because I am learning faster than they are". Take it for what it was. One other thing, I woke many nights, upset at the memory of dying recently by machine gun fire. This was during ww 2, but the uniform I died in I later researched and it was a brown ww 1 type as well as the more primitive machine I fell beside.

I also remember or at least had a lasting experience as a Native American, one of my most satisfying lives, still feel more at home with nature. Another when deep in meditation was myself as an old black woman, (I am male now), breasts sagging to my waist, going into the forest to end my life, it was calm and correct thing to do.

One positive of all this was me being taken from body and told I have found the way and may be free to go on so long as I can show another. Rather a vague message, but I keep my feelers out to help others due to this.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We probably also reincarnate into animals and plants. That can be a good reason to not remember your previous lifes.

Because imagine what would happen to you if you were in previous life a chicken in a box that was living only 30 days in no space box with artificial food and at end they killed you with most vicious way.

Or if you lived like a cow that was closed for 4 years and milked every day. Or a tree that was cut down and burned. (that last one is not so bad because when tree get cut down and left on the floor it brings new life.

So we humans are anomaly in this whole story. I m really not sure if we are reincarnated into plants, because if we were then we would be living different lifes when reincarnated in humans.

I would go with theory that we are reincarnated only in bad souls. In bad people. Because animals cant be bad. (they sometimes do something nasty, but if you can watch it objectively they intentions were never evil). Sharks eat people, but their intention was to feed them self not to kill human being.

I know rat dogs kill rats, but they intention is to reduce rat population.

So what are we humans and what are our intentions? What do we want and need? (please dont say money, because i m not sure what good you have from the money when you die)

So i think we are reincarnated many times so our soul get ready for new journey, and maybe then we are reincarnated into something else, most probably not from this world.

Word reincarnation is maybe old term, something that old people described it, so it should not be looked at your soul (ghost) living your body and flying on the clouds and meeting some kind of god who will then send you back to somewhere or something. But something like your energy, invisible energy, energy like a wind or sun transforming from your body to new body or leaving the human reincarnation circle and moving to new reincarnation circle. This could happen when your energy is high (something had to do with love).

I hope you can understand me, but i have hard time writing down in a text what i think. It is hard to describe this with words.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
I profoundly dislike the idea of my identity, my intelligence, my imagination and all the aspects of myself that have so tickled me being somehow surpressed so i can participate in the tragically dull show we call life.

Your personality remains quite intact, I assure you. My cat is testament to that...

originally posted by: blacktie
that's interesting how you can 'remember' a previous life
did that involve 'guided pastlife regression' , drug therapy or more of an update via a type of 'alien visitation' interaction?

I read a book that turned out to be my own semi-auto biography. From there it was one name after another, like dominoes. It was fun.

It would be interesting if reincarnation is possible in other animals. I doubt in that because then humans would not eat them or behave without respect.

How come humans treat fellow human so bad if there is reincarnation and if we believe in it.

Push me.

Nudge. The evolution of souls typically goes from plant to animal to sentient, but there are occasional exceptions. I've greeted every animal I've ever met as family, and they've done the same. Most humans don't even consider the rest of their species as family, and even seem disgusted by the concept, how pathetic. I only have family and enemies, which side you fall on is your choice. Every living thing is related and much like science, it's true whether or not you believe it.

originally posted by: Klassified
What is the end game of all these lessons?
If our soul is "evolving", Then why would one come back as a lower form, after having been in a form of higher cognizance?
Why is it assumed that any "memories" of a past life are necessarily our own?
Why couldn't they be "memories" of someone elses life from something similar to Jung's "collective unconscious"?

I'm still not sure there's a point to any of it. One may choose to stay as, or return to, pretty much any form they wish. My cat falls into the former category. As for memories, technically everyone has access to everyone else's, though access to others' memories requires consent. I can tell the difference between my own memories and the shared memories of my soul-mate; it's just automatic.

originally posted by: Kandinsky
1)Reincarnation would possibly require a huge amount of bureaucracy in the speculative 'afterlife.' After all, who'd be in charge of the clipboards and ticksheets in order to designate our next destinations? Will there be queues?

2)Would we choose to return as ...? If reincarnation occurs, it implies some form of management and dictated choice-making. Otherwise why would so many millions and millions of people be living lives that are cruel, painful and short?

3)How would the meaningfulness be measured, weighed up and defined?

4)I've thought about reincarnation a lot and can't reconcile the logical gaps in the popular conceptions of what it's meant to be.

1- Information is much easier to process when there's no words to muddle things up. I'll spare you the puns on the last question, too easy.

2- You choose your form, surroundings and family to some extent, but then you have to ask why anyone chooses what they choose. Too many reasons to count. My cat should have been sentient ages ago, it still kind of baffles me. A lot of the pain and cruelty has a lot to do with the choices of others' rather than your own, because they've got you vastly outnumbered. There's also some sort of collective decision-making process that I don't even want to understand. It's there, it works, that's good enough for me.

3- That's an excellent question.

4- The effects of amnesia, individual personality and writing style. Plenty of intentional interference too, of course.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Can we jump in time? like can my next life be backwards or even at the same time as me now?.
I know we can go forwards but what about backward and now?.

Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay. Jokes and Brak Show references aside, there is no such thing as time, it's just a reference point to measure the rate of change in relation to two or more objects. It is possible, and somewhat common, to inhabit more than one form at a time. There is only now though, so where you are is where you are. Any other lives, even if simultaneous, would be considered 'past' lives. You won't know if you've interacted with yourself until 'after' though - part of the rules, and the joke.

Now, what do I remember...

I remember a large blue world with specks of green that we called land, and a large green and gold moon that dominated the sky.

I remember a long stone path lined with trees whose branches covered it like a tunnel, and the little black cat that walked it with me.

I remember a group of five friends. Two of them ended up being my mother and step-father in this life. One ended up being my soul-mate, and the other, my nemesis.

Kinda crazy how things work out sometimes...

Some new posts since I started writing this last night and probably close to character limit, I'll be back...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Do you think you have only been reincarnated as a human?
I've always been "human", however what that is defined as changes depending on which reality you are living in.

Do you think all of your incarnations have only been on Earth?
It's always been "Earth", "Terra", "Home", but that meaning changes depending on which reality you're living in.

Do you think you will ever stop reincarnating?
I'm currently living simultaneously with all my other incarnations, I'm merely only consciously aware of one at a time.

Do you have an understanding of why you have reincarnated?
To consciously explore another reality and it's possibilities to an endless scope.

Do you remember any of your past lives?
I've recalled bits and pieces of some of them; The majority of them take place in another reality, since the sets of physics don't always match up, My brain can't always comprehend other realities, so no one can ever know all of them at once.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for trying
-S
a reply to: Night Star

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank you all for your well thought out replies. I will now address each collectively by providing my feelings about each questioned posed. I regret that I can not answer each specific reply individually because I am pressed for time. Your patience in waiting for me to respond is greatly appreciated. Since I provided my yes answers in the OP, I will just focus on the no and maybe ones now.

No. I believe we had to inhabit lower life forms first in order to evolve. I, also, believe that it is possible to regress.

No. There is way to many other places for our energy to go.

Yes. At some point in the evolution of our soul we will return to the source, but in order to do so we have to be of the purest energy and that is very difficult to achieve.

Yes. I believe we are separated from our source with the express reason to evolve our energy and return stronger to help our source increase in power.

Yes. I do have various memories from past and future lives. The soul can transcend time and have the ability to experience all memories. When we dream in this reality, we travel in another dimension. When we wake we have the ability to remember, but often times we just ignore or think it was all fantasy.

Why are you so sure that this is your only chance at life?
I think humans that feel this way do so because they are inhabited by young souls or older souls that have regressed.

Does religion play a part in your belief?
Of course religion plays a part in the decision of some and the religion they do follow may not believe in the concept. Reincarnation transcends religion though. Not every incarnation has religious concepts to consider, this is a human way that has very little importance in the evolution of your soul. It is not necessary for you to follow a church doctrine in order for you to feel the energy of your soul.

Do you believe in an afterlife, such as the theory of Heaven and Hell?
What is afterlife but the continuation of your energy. Semantics has a way of rearing it's ugly head in this instance. It does not matter what you call it.

Do you believe in God?
Even those with no belief in a greater power can not pretend that they have an energy that came from somewhere. What you call it does not matter, you will still be a part of it whether you know it or not.

Do you believe in karma?
Yin/Yang, positive/negative, good/bad; They all point to evidence of karma. We make free will decisions in all of our lives and those decisions have consequences. If our actions cause harm to others then we will be corrected. We do not always know when this happens and many times we want to feel sorry for ourselves, but we are bound to this energy and it does progress and regress accordingly.

What do you need to push you in the direction of yes or no?
Many require proof of the existence of a soul in order to believe the possibility of reincarnation exists. Many have been raised or have had many negative experiences in this life to think it is possible. The evolution of our soul will continue whether we believe or not.

Is the concept of death a reality to you?
The concept is a reality in human form, but the abstract nature of death is not possible to understand for many younger souls.

Do you feel life is a series of lessons to be learned?
I do feel many think what reason could there be to learn some of the experiences they have gone through, but we do not always understand when they happen what lesson was supposed to be learned. The information is stored like a computer disk and accessed when needed.

Are those lessons necessary for the evolution of your soul?
Of course they are. Without them there would be no need to exist. Even if this was the only life we had, lessons are invaluable experiences to gain knowledge. If you burn your hand on fire, you know next time how to avoid it.

Do religious concepts ring true to you?
Anyone that is raised in a religious environment has a predisposition for the religion they are a part of. Those religions put forth concepts sometimes that causes others to doubt their veracity. I think there are some truths. I think much has been embellished through interpretation and is subjective in nature.

I will try to answer individual posts at another time, as I can see there are many interested in this subject.

St0rD, Thorneblood, boymonkey74,blacktie, DaphneApollo, Metallicus,
CretumOrbis, saadad, Klassified,FlyersFan, zazzafrazz, Kandinsky,
Temudjin, spirit_horse, Ghost147,Pauligirl, justbe, Ultralight,
luciddream, StratosFear, windword,starswift, MagesticEsoteric, Vroomfondel,TzarChasm, FreedomToBe, Night Star,Unity_99, FyreByrd, scubagravy,
kennyb72, SkyStarOne, DeathSlayer,Dark Ghost, jimbotweed, sailormon,
Vortiki

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

No, i'm quite sure that I have inhabited forms foreign to this planet, the reasoning is that I work quite differently to the average human, and that I have had visions of other forms that I have occupied.

Not at all, I can recall a few different worlds quite dissimilar to Earth.

At a certain level, you do not have to incarnate if you do not want to, but I feel that many just get bored and want to contribute to the ongoing development of human society.

Yes, I believe that I was on some kind of mission and the opportunity to incarnate on Earth presented me with some time to play with where I could apply free choice.

Yes, bits and pieces here and there.

That all being said, it could all be in my imagination, but what isn't when you deal with things that cannot really be proven at all, asides from ones own testimonies and recollections.
edit on 9-6-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Yes, believe we reincarnate. Believe we're also on various dimensions at once, higher to lower density, infinite parts of infinity. That earth is a tad run like a soul trap, they rewipe your memory and send you back. That we're rising up and going to overcome them this time. And send the power of consciousness to the electro magnetic net above to dissolve it, and their moon trap technology, and start to heal DNA to bring in more of ourselves to wake up and become empowered.

Its time to really send forth the power of positive compassionate consciousness, pray, meditate, envision, and see everyone waking up, the leaders joining with the people, nature healing, clean technology and all the dark portals closes, see body and soul healing up.

"All Hell can't stop us now."

Guerilla Radio

Or, maybe it's time to feel the funk blast?

Calm like a bomb

The big blue planet I mentioned was one of those destroyed. That green and gold moon, Mars.

I'm on the same continent as the path, but I don't know it's exact location.

I do know one thing though, my friends and I were certainly some funky renegades...

Renegades of funk

Still reading, and singing. That was just too good not to post.

edit on 6/9/2015 by CretumOrbis because: changed to links, embedding not working

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
It depends, does god reincarnate as god?

arent we his children, that's what my parents said
if so he doesnt need to
edit on 9-6-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There's always the Tibetan Book of the Dead to read...

If you can successfully navigate the Bardo's -- you stand a better chance at a favorable life next go around. Or, at least that is how I interpreted what I read. It seems that the natural instinct upon death is to feel fear and get sucked up by that fear.

If you can maintain a calm center, things will go much more favorably.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

- Are you not 'born again'?

- Karma means being judged by every living thing in existence, all at once. Basically.

- Did you learn nothing?

- Nope.

- No, but you may have misunderstood, a bit. Don't worry, you're not the only one...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

- I can agree with most of that. Though I have to say, in every lie there's a bit of truth.

- It's called math, dummy. Look it up. (not being snarky, that's a sealab quote that just happens to be my response...)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join