It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Yes. No. Maybe. Questions apply!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Klassified

Is the oversoul still you or a different type of soul?.

The Oversoul would be similar to what people refer to as the source, or god.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: DaphneApollo
It's interesting there exists such a disparity among reincarnationists. I would think there would be more unity of thought. Though I certainly don't see them dividing into sects and fighting one another the way some religions do.

Each person is different, it's a personal lesson on an individual basis. It lets you review what went wrong and to clean up the bad behavior so you won't serve that term again. We are all in a School. We're here to learn/teach.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

No.

If your answer is no, then the following questions would apply to you.
Why are you so sure that this is your only chance at life?

The older I get, the more simplistic my outlook becomes. I think we’re born, we live, we die. And that’s pretty much all there is to it.

Does religion play a part in your belief?
No
Do you believe in an afterlife, such as the theory of Heaven and Hell?
No
Do you believe in God?
No
Do you believe in karma?
Wish I could.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh bugger!
I wanted to mix it up and be allsorts

If I have to always come back human well I hope it's something else.

I don't know about Edgar Cayce only something I read because I needed answers. I don't think we know or have a choice in how we come back.

What do you want to return as ? I don't wish to come back at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I made a list in my 1st post in this thread I can pick them out all day.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Is there just one or many?.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Is there just one or many?.

Just one.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Absolutely Yes!

Do you think you have only been reincarnated as a human?
Don't know

Do you think all of your incarnations have only been on Earth?
No, I dont think so. Have had weird dreams about being somewhere else. Not sure if those were the past or the future, but not on earth.

Do you think you will ever stop reincarnating?
I hope so! Even though it's a bit scary though, cause I dont know, if I'm still ME then. But I'm sure I dont want to play this earth game forever

Do you have an understanding of why you have reincarnated?
To learn things... and I sure picked some stupid lessons this time around

Do you remember any of your past lives?
Unfortunately not

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Who said you are now or have ever been trapped? You are not. None of us are. This commonness we share now is educational to our soul light being. We are here to learn that which we did not in our last incarnation. "This...place" as you call it may only exist in our minds in this dimension, not a tangible "place" at all.

I wholeheartedly believe that we are each a part of the same divinity...the Creator. Call him/her whatever is within your beliefs, but we live together here to learn, to grow and to allow our Divine light of being ascend once again, to the Creator. The closer to ascending, the more this will resonate with you.
The one true path to the Creator is to live in love and in service to others.

Blessings.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Does he decide where we are next born or do we?. Do we have any choice?.

Notice I put "he" darn my childhood brainwashing of god like figures.
edit on 7-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
most of us have probably lived as a different person on this planet before and dont remember
and theres billions of other planets similar to this one

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Does he decide where we are next born or do we?. Do we have any choice?.

Depends on who you talk to. Some believe the "Oversoul" or "Source" makes all those determinations, and others believe we come here by agreement.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Im going to Answer for YES and NO.

If your answer is No, then the following questions would apply to you.

Why are you so sure that this is your only chance at life?
Does religion play a part in your belief?
Do you believe in an afterlife, such as the theory of Heaven and Hell?
Do you believe in God?
Do you believe in karma?

Im not 100% sure, i see it as a possible way.
Religion does play, my birth religion believes in Reincarnation(im no longer religious)
I believe in after life as conscious entires, possibly astral, do not believe in Hell or Heaven.
I do not believe in God.
I do believe in Karma, kind of like a balance.

If your answer is yes, then the following questions would apply to you.

I do not know. I like to believe i been animal, plant, insects.
I cannot be sure, possibly outside earth.
I think we will stop reincarnating if we achieve everything we need in this world, Nirvana.
If i was reincarnated, my previous life was not satisfied or had something i still have to do.
Some things... and places, but it could be "deja Vu"

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Can we jump in time? like can my next life be backwards or even at the same time as me now?.
I know we can go forwards but what about backward and now?.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
Unfortunately not.

I want to you try something when you go to bed tonight or any night, before you fall asleep put a piece of paper and a writing instrument next to your bed. Lay down and take some deep breaths, clear the clutter from the day, tell yourself you want to remember your previous life, just the very most recent one, do your best to specify information you want to know, ask for guidance from your spirit, you have to be open to the information you receive.

You may not get any results the first time, but eventually you will wake up and have these immediate thoughts, write them down no matter how they seem. Is it really necessary for you to remember past lives, sometimes phobias we have in this life originated from the past. In order to understand why and to relieve those it helps to understand where they originated from.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Excellent! I`ll come down for this one.

I am on the "maybe" side for the simple reason of I do not know for sure where, what, or when my consciousness was before I was born into this body. A lot of what you posted rings true for me as well which again the maybe side, but I most certainly have felt that "foreign" feeling before whether it was in my own skin or around this bodies blood kin. There are many instances of a tremendous nostalgic feeling about something completely new to me, things I miss but cannot readily identify. People I am very close with "somewhere else" that I do not remember or know.

1. What do you need to push you in the direction of yes or no?
I believe but I don`t "know", it would take a great experience for me to know. I`m closer to "yes" than "no" though.

2. Is the concept of death a reality to you?
I view the bodies death as a transition, to what I haven't a clue. I`ve come to understand its like waking up, the dying part of it might suck though. Especially if you died in combat which I sometimes think I was.

3. Do feel life is a series of lessons to be learned?
Not just lessons but mistakes to be atoned for, things to learn and experience, people to help, events to take place in, and some thing decided to allow your return.

4. Are those lessons necessary for the evolution of your soul?
I cannot understand how they could not, unless we as spirits are not growing but just existing, then what is the point of doing anything beneficial?

5. Do religious concepts ring true to you?
Personally I trust my morale judgment to do the right thing better than others forked tongue that would trick one into doing something otherwise. I do not think religion should be disregarded though as a lot of wisdom can be learned, I just wish it wasn't taken to the extreme by so many and then muddied to the point the follwers don't even know why they follow.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
No, i do not really believe in reincarnation in the typical sense. I profoundly dislike the idea of my identity, my intelligence, my imagination and all the aspects of myself that have so tickled me being somehow surpressed so i can participate in the tragically dull show we call life.

For me, let there be a heaven that waits, someplace like the heaven depicted in "What Dreams May Come". I would much prefer to spend the rest of eternity in my imagination then trapped in this....place. Again and again.

As I stated in my OP, you would fall into the category of forget it your mind is set and that is okay, so is mine. I could no more be dissuaded to feel the way you do about having a tragically dull life than you could be persuaded that you are mistaken.

The good news is you will eventually get over that as your soul evolves. You have not reached the point necessary to understand there is much more to the life of your soul than this existence.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yres

No.

No.

Not exactly. I think that we will always manifest some sort of vehicle for the purpose of exploration, experimentation and expression.

Yes. My beingness persists, and is/am here right now.

Most certainly.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Gonna do this.
I bet I was evil

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Is the oversoul still you or a different type of soul?.

The way I understand it, "the oversoul" is YOUR multitasking higher self.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join