It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You obviously haven't met my wife.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: Jaellma

I saw actually nothing that bothers me on that video... other than todays youth.

Only in America would you get members of the public defending a police officer for pulling a gun on children and nearly murdering them for having a little party.

No offence to the 99% of Americans on Police who have a sense of humanity and decency.

originally posted by: Answer
Additionally, when an officer has to take down your belligerent friend, you don't run up to the cop like you're about to assault him in defense of your friend or you WILL get a weapon pointed at you.

In civillised countries the police act under innocent until proven guilty and would treat you like a person and ask you to leave or back off before pointing a deadly weapon at you. Well at least that's how it works in the UK/Europe.
edit on 10-6-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Okay, officer eric casebolt has now resigned, in a decision made by himself. No doubt because of the fact that his actions as a police officer were caught on video.

All of you ignorant people defending officer casebolt's behaviour can now shut the hell up and go and derail another police brutality thread, because super trooper casebolt was acting out of control, according to McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley.

Police corporal Eric Casebolt was "out of control" in his response to a pool party disturbance last week in the city of McKinney that was caught on video, McKinney police chief Greg Conley told reporters. He resigned on his own, Mr Conley said. "He came into the call out of control, and as the video shows was out of control during the incident," Mr Conley said. "I had 12 officers on the scene, and 11 of them performed according to their training. They did an excellent job."

Eric Casebolt resigns of his own volition

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
...pulling a gun on children....

He pulled a gun on a provocateur who twice on video faked a gun draw then dashed behind a black youth to try and get the black youth shot by the white cop. Now why would someone do that?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

It was a set-up relying on the overstressed, bully cop and the shrieking teens to play their predictable parts in the drama. Who is the provocateur who twice faked a gun draw to get the cop to draw his gun? That's where the meat of the story is.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

It was a set-up relying on the overstressed, bully cop and the shrieking teens to play their predictable parts in the drama. Who is the provocateur who twice faked a gun draw to get the cop to draw his gun? That's where the meat of the story is.

Oh rly?
At what points in the video do the fake gun draws happen?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Some people if they were to be faced with a modern lynching of a black person would swear up and down that it wasn't racially motivated and anyone saying so was the reason racism still exists today (even though there's no issues ever connected to race).

OTOH, not EVERYTHING is racial either. The African american adults at the pool said that the kids climbed the fence, were disruptive, and responded violently when asked to leave. They are not racist being black themselves but, since the truth does not fit the narrative of the race-baiters, they are called "uncle toms" and worse.

The truth is that a gang of teenagers did the wrong thing and the cops were called. One cop out of 12 went berserk, acted over the top, and now he's off the force and may face criminal charges.

No racist conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
...pulling a gun on children....

He pulled a gun on a provocateur who twice on video faked a gun draw then dashed behind a black youth to try and get the black youth shot by the white cop. Now why would someone do that?

Putting you hand near you hip isn't faking a gun draw in the normal world. It certainly isn't reason to have cops nearly murder you. If some psycho cop pulled a gun on me for no reason while beating up an innocent girl, I can guarantee I'd be diving for safety too and instinct would be to protect the innocent girl from the violent abusive attacker.

The cop was so unprofessional and incompetent they can't tell the difference between a gun and a hand, and operate a 'shoot first, ask question later' policy after he completely failed to control the situation and began running around like a headless chicken, swearing at people and threatening violence.

No other Western country uses such backwards, barbaric means. It's no surprise so many innocent US citizens are killed by cops when people defend this kind of behavior.

If the officer had acted like a decent human being, like the others were doing, instead of a violent psychopath with a loaded weapon, none of this would have happened.

-----

Case in point:

I live in the UK. A few weeks back I was walking home with a friend when we were stopped by police. The police officer asked us if we were having a nice night then asked if we knew why he stopped us. We looked confused and said we had no idea.

The officer explained they'd recieved reports of two people matching our description throwing glass bottles at a night club - we informed him this was untrue and asked him to check CCTV to verify this.

He did and allowed us to continue on our way home after checking - we shook hands, I wiahed him a safe night and he appologised for disrupting ours, hoped we had a safe journey home and said we were some of the nicest people he'd met on the beat - no threats, no violence, no intimidation. Everyone was safe, happy and allowed to go on with their lives. In the US we'd have been shot on sight.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I was just looking at some stories on this on various news sites. One call breibart, I believe is how's it's spelled, has another side to the story.
Apparently a fight broke out near the pool area which is why police were called to begin with. The article also stated that though some were invited, many were not.
I'm not condoning the officer's action of the gun pulling however I think BOTH sides of the story need to be heard.
The article also stated that incidents happened that night in the neighborhood in retaliation including gun shots and a truck being stolen.
Not sure how legitimate this site is, but it's worth a read.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
I was just looking at some stories on this on various news sites. One call breibart, I believe is how's it's spelled, has another side to the story.
Apparently a fight broke out near the pool area which is why police were called to begin with. The article also stated that though some were invited, many were not.
I'm not condoning the officer's action of the gun pulling however I think BOTH sides of the story need to be heard.
The article also stated that incidents happened that night in the neighborhood in retaliation including gun shots and a truck being stolen.
Not sure how legitimate this site is, but it's worth a read.

This is starting to come out now.
The cop was out of line no doubt, but there was still over 100 teens that trespassed, will they be punished? I doubt it.
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Nationwide we are talking about an out of control teenage pool party.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I said 3:20 in a previous post then checked again and saw the first attempt a little before.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Check the video again, you'll see the second fake gun draw with an exaggerated drop to a lower position to get the cops attention. The cop didn't notice the first attempt.

Shameless off topic plug. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And now it is coming out on the main stream news the 'teens' were jumping fences (as in not invited and trespassing) and having sex in public. And that the owners had previously requested police assistance.
So this was not an isolated instance but an ongoing issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Check the video again, you'll see the second fake gun draw with an exaggerated drop to a lower position to get the cops attention. The cop didn't notice the first attempt.

Shameless off topic plug. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've watched it three times now, plus seen the screenshots on the take by that US Republican website - I honestly can't see anything that looks like it could be a gun draw - most notably because his pockets are empty and he doesn't put his hand in them and guns are designed for use at distance, not close range as that defeats their entire purpose - by all means I'm no expert though.

To me it looks like a kid running over, slipping a bit, maybe even thinking about intervening then fleeing for his life once the officer pulls a gun on him.

Regardless it was the officers' own fault for getting into that situation and pulling a deadly weapon in a crowded public space when he's clearly off his rocker on adrenaline/power and can't even control a child, let alone a gun. He should at least get him fired or serve jail time for complete lack of judgment and risking the lives of the public. It was lucky the other officers were on scene to stop the cop otherwise it could have easily been another bloodbath.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I said 3:20 in a previous post then checked again and saw the first attempt a little before.

No. Just, no. You've got to be kidding me?

The kid is actually pulling his pants up, because for some reason the entire front of his pants are open, fly and everything. If you pause the video at 3:19 you can even see that his pants are open, the white lining of the inside of his pants clearly visible in contrast with the actual colour of the exterior of the pants.

If you can't see what is right there in clear view, then you should probably go get your eyes checked by a professional.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

1st 3:18
2nd 3:20

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Good observation. Wonder if that fits in with what daveinats says about sex in public.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Kids these days are out of control.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Is this him? www.theroot.com...

“I shift to the side a little bit to get her to look at me in the face and say, 'Look: We're going to call your mom. It's all right,' because she's shouting, 'Call my momma! Call my momma!'" Martin explained. That was when Cpl. Casebolt drew his weapon and the young man starts running away.

Holding up his pants and jumping around clearly upset the out of control cop.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join