It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I am still wondering how this discussion turned into a race argument when it should be about the overly aggressive use of force by a police officer on a small girl......unbelievable ...

The girl who held the party said racial slurs were hurled at her and her friends. (Never mind that there are witnesses who say the girls threw racist remarks at them, too) They claimed the cop only chose black kids and ignored the white ones during the arrests.

I was the one who felt the need to defend the city of McKinney because I live in neighboring Frisco and travel to visit clients in McKinney every day. There were some on here who claimed that McKinney was a racist area, which is not true. (Of course, there are some racists there but it isn't the norm)

They have also turned it into a race issue by having the NAACP hold conferences and demanding investigation into the entire McKinney police force, not just the one cop seen in the video. They held a protest march last night holdin up signs "All Black Lives Matter"

Those who chose to speak out against the official, parroted story are getting death threats. Some of those defenders, who happen to be black, are being labeled Uncle Toms.

So, it's much more than just a crazy, overreacting cop at the McKinney pool incident.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
On another site a person keeps trying to say that there was only 3 people invited to this event and that poor 15 year old was not one of them. Have any one here heard how many was invited and how many crashed it? I found that you don't have to stay and talk to any cop unless he is actually arresting you. To talk back to a cop is also not illegal. a reply to: Jaellma

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
a reply to: Answer
Keep licking those Jackboots..You make me Sick.

Awww. Does this mean we aren't friends?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If your minor children do not know how to act in public, then the children AND parents need to be cited. I taught my children manners. TO this day they both say 'yes sir' and 'no sir'.
I think we see in places like Boston, New York and Ferguson what happens when children have no guidance. They grow up to be criminals...and their parents blames someone else!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can almost guarantee that the cops being called had nothing to do with race, and was SOP for this sort of thing (kids making a run on the pool). The same happens in any subdivision or apartment complex. Its an amenity for those who pay for it. Whether any individual behaved that way due to race, no one can say and it is irrelevant.

Exactly...every subdivision and apartment I've ever lived in has restrictions like that, to keep random people (mostly kiddos) from hopping the fence and potentially drowning in the pool or getting injured. And when those rules are violated, the police are called. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you; race is irrelevant. Nothing I've read or different versions of the video I've seen indicate that the cop's behavior was in any way racially motivated. In fact, the introduction of that element actually detracts from the very serious issue of the unprofessional way that officer behaved toward those kids.

That should be the focus...in this and a lot of other cases like it. I think a lot of people fail to realize this and that is a hefty contributor to the continuing lack of appropriate punishment for police misconduct and excessive force...make it all about race and suddenly you've lost the fight that actually could have made a real difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

If your minor children do not know how to act in public, then the children AND parents need to be cited. I taught my children manners. TO this day they both say 'yes sir' and 'no sir'.

It's perfectly acceptable for law enforcement to enforce the law. That's their job. What is not their job however, is using excessive physical force on teenagers whilst screaming obscenities at them. Which is exactly what that cop did. He was out of line and there is no justification for the appalling way he behaved. And saying "sir" wasn't working...several of the kids were saying that to him, repeatedly, and all it seemed to do was make him behave even more irrationally.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I lean towards a quite critical view of the State including the ever increasingly militarized police. I also understand my criticism and mistrust is rooted in the institution of policing / the State, not necessarily individual police. As such I appreciate the difference between cops who do things the right way and those who don't.

Did this cop possibly overreact? I would say he needs re-training in de-escalation, and maybe should have waited for more backup before making arrests in what amounted to a dynamic, mob situation. Arguably, the girl was resisting arrest and lawful commands of a peace officer. Also - he only drew his pistol when the man came up from behind him with a gesture towards his back waist band, as soon as the man fled, the cop directed his colleagues to pursue the man with a possible gun and re-holstered his weapon as he no longer perceived a possible threat.

This event has been twisted to fit a media narrative. It has been twisted to incite more #blacklivesmatter marches by professional agitators, it has been twisted to gain clicks and page hits / ratings, all to the detriment of what is actually a quite diverse community. Since then this community has been vandalized, someone's truck was stolen and crashed into property, bricks have gone through windows, and people have received death threats. Why aren't the protests happening at the police station, rather than in this community? It is all a result of the media narrative. I hope this situation doesn't escalate even further, because if it does then the main stream media will have more blood on its' hands.

This link shows the best breakdown I have seen of the full back story - as well as more careful analysis of the cop's interaction with this girl and those that charged him.

Link

edit on 9-6-2015 by SonOfThor because: clarification

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The cop in the video is resigning, effective end of business day today.

Tomorrow his wife will hold a press conference to tell his side of the story, what happened, why he acted the way he did, etc...He will not be in attendance because he is receiving death threats.

Not sure what time this press conference will be held.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some people if they were to be faced with a modern lynching of a black person would swear up and down that it wasn't racially motivated and anyone saying so was the reason racism still exists today (even though there's no issues ever connected to race).

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
The cop in the video is resigning, effective end of business day today.

Tomorrow his wife will hold a press conference to tell his side of the story, what happened, why he acted the way he did, etc...He will not be in attendance because he is receiving death threats.

Not sure what time this press conference will be held.

yep he resigned

www.fox4news.com...

eta a tweet

According to local reporters, McKinney, Texas, officer Eric Casebolt's resignation ends the internal investigation into his use of force at a pool party that was captured on video. However, he could still face criminal charges and/or a lawsuit, CBS 11 News reporters say. - Stephanie

edit on 9-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It would just be the media pushing it, also something something obama and holder.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yup, he resigned. This is what the police chief had to say about his actions:

“Our policies, our training, our practice doesn’t support his actions,” Chief Conley said. “He came into the call out of control, and as the video shows was out of control during the incident.”

www.nytimes.com...

He also said 11 officers responded to the scene and 10 of them acted appropriately. It was just the one officer, as many in this thread pointed out.

As far as the area not being racist, I'll just suggest seeing a previous post I made about the area dealing with multiple fair housing lawsuits. The city settled out of court on one lawsuit and another is about to go before the Supreme Court of the United States.

As far as the one they decided to settle on, this website has a pdf of the actual complaint along with some other information.

Housing discrimination

Here are the settlement terms:

The settlement with the McKinney Housing Authority required it to provide local political subdivision contribution loans for up to 400 Low Income Housing Tax Credit units. ICP can provide at least $1,000,000 for these loans and has the option to provide additional funds to obtain the maximum 400 units required if the funds are made available.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Pimpish because: added source for Conley quote

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I get your point,i was referring to this thread being about violent police conduct....i can see there is a race issue,this happens over the majority of the globe and i have no doubt the media play a big part in this...

The problem seems to be when multiple angles start to be discussed,people lose track of the conversation and an all in brawl of insults begins......i believe there could be a thread on the racism that is completely separate to the actions of the police officer

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: texasgirl

I get your point,i was referring to this thread being about violent police conduct....i can see there is a race issue,this happens over the majority of the globe and i have no doubt the media play a big part in this...

The problem seems to be when multiple angles start to be discussed,people lose track of the conversation and an all in brawl of insults begins......i believe there could be a thread on the racism that is completely separate to the actions of the police officer

Yeah, I know you get my point. It's acknowledged. But there were accusations that the aggressive force of Eric Casebolt was due to racism. None of the other cops involved acted the way he did. So it's all part of the argument.

Anyway, he's off the force now. I want to see the press conference today and hear what his wife has to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

I don't think any area wants section 8 housing, not due to racism, but the fact that there's a connection to these types of developments and crime. People pay a premium to live in a nice area and want to feel safe.

Section 8 housing is for low-income people who need help. Whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, etc...

You heard many people during interviews saying the area involving the pool incident had good people and wasn't racist. This includes interviews with black residents.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

He's sending his wife...because he's afraid someone will kill him?

Ya know, if I thought some place wasn't safe for ME, the last thing I'd consider would be to send the old lady to speak for me.

It sounds a lot like the guy's a puss.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

True.
After the murder of Ian Tomlinson I spray-painted TOMLINSON'S LAW in blood red on the side of my white car, complete with ghastly dribbles. I drove all around the south of England including picking up passengers from Heathrow and other well watched places. I didn't get stopped once and cops mouths dropped open in horror as I cruised past. They know how we react to senseless, cowardly brutality. Since then I've realised the dirty war that the media and government are carrying out against the Office of Constable is a way to con us into accepting the nightmare private police force essential to the criminal private financiers. Hence my strong pro-constabulary stance.

I'm fairly sure this pool party psy-op is just another divide and rule story, possibly even planned from the outset. The reaching into the waistband trick is getting old. Wasn't that how the "Nah Fool" kiddie got himself shot the other day? If you skip to 3:20 in the video you'll see the guy in the blue t shirt faking a gun draw. Presumably he was prompting the cop to draw his gun to add to the chaos. It reminds me of mentally challenged people who light a fire then stay around to watch the fire-fighters turn up.

Joe Vialls told us the invasion of Iraq was a way preparing a pool of mentally unstable war veterans to be used as a brutal police force protecting the rich and destabilising the rest of society. Many of the US cop brutality stories seem to be following this line.

ETA. Just noticed the guy in the blue t shirt doing the fake gun draw tried twice before he managed to get the cops attention. Once the cop had drawn his gun blue t shirt guy dashed behind a black male. THE GUY IN THE BLUE T SHIRT TRIED TO GET A YOUNG BLACK MALE SHOT BY A WHITE COP! Sorry for shouting but I feel this may be the most important fact here.

Who is blue t shirt guy and why did he try to get a black guy shot? This looks like possible evidence of a planned riot-starter. If anyone can get blue t shirt guy's identity and post it on the internet please do so. He has very serious questions to answer.
edit on 10 6 2015 by Kester because: add important detail

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Ya know, if I thought some place wasn't safe for ME, the last thing I'd consider would be to send the old lady to speak for me.

Yes, those were my intial thoughts, too. I could have misunderstood, though. I guess we will find out.

Didn't this happen in the Michael Brown case, as well? (Or was it another?)
edit on 10-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Maybe the real reason is because his lawyer advised him not to? So he doesn't say anything to fuel more fires?

The reporter worded it to make it sound like it was the death threats that would keep him away from the press conference.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Maybe the real reason is because his lawyer advised him not to? So he doesn't say anything to fuel more fires?

The reporter worded it to make it sound like it was the death threats that would keep him away from the press conference.

In that case, why say anything? He's gone. No point making commentary after the fact, IMHO. It just comes off as pathetic, sorta like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join