It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else have a bug in the edit system ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had a thread a couple days ago ............

mother of all conspiracies the gemstone file

As I was putting the thread together a problem arose . My keyboard would allow me to erase letters but would not allow me to add any .

I tried several different processes then thought. I will just post and then come back and edit it. That did not work either so I brought it to everyone's attention in the next post . Then Attempting to edit it over the next four hours it still would not let me . ( although I could edit all my other post )I posted another note about the difficulty and acknowledged that a section of it was not in quotations nor was the source linked so I did both in my third post.

If there is a bug it needs to be addressed before there are more misunderstandings .

edit on 7-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Look in the address... is this happening to you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...:1:0

This is how it appears.
www.abovetopsecret... .com/ home.html ?s_tnt=76699:1:0

I had to space it out so it don't link.

There's no such address.

That darn HTML is popping up for no reason. And causes crashes left and right. Well on my end at least for the last 2 days.
I have to delete cache's cookies every 15 mins...

Edit: huh... it works fine as a link. Go figure.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I really haven't been having any problems for a while. Except in that one thread, and that bug basically caused me to be accused of plagiarism .

The only problem I've had is missing replies and the inability to edit the aforementioned thread .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

No I read that thread.. I know it wasn't plagiarism. You clearly addressed an issue.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
In former incarnations, whenever I went ballistic, there would be interference. Usually the edit would hang up. That is when you get them mad, over in Utah. It happens at all sites. That's when you are on to some inspired verse, research etc., which is hurting them.

Either that, or God is saying 'not yet'. It is an ambition I have: to know the difference.

One time a blast of energy was directed at the quadrant, just as I hit 'enter'. I had used the revolution word at the very end, and it was an inspired screed. It was lost as well. It drained the capacitor in the TV set and computer, and shut them both down. But it went through the wires nonetheless.

Carry on. The universe is listening.

# 458

edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

No I read that thread.. I know it wasn't plagiarism. You clearly addressed an issue.

I think it was a misunderstanding that's not the point of this thread. ( but thanks )

I just wanted to see whether other people had any problems with edits.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ummm...I couldn't post my thread this morning...I clicked the reply button and nothing...i then checked to see if the thread had posted which it hadn't so I copied what I had written and started a new thread with the same title and pasted my info into the new thread...that time it took...

I also have an ongoing problem when I try to use the preview button to preview on my smart phone and my pad...it no longer opens the preview window so that I can edit before I post...

Unrelated...does anyone else have more threads numbered in their profile than they've created...?
mine says I have 45 threads when I only have 34...I was kind of wondering how that might have happened...

YouSir
edit on 7-6-2015 by YouSir because: because...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I can comment on your unrelated topic. I have the same issue as you in my threadcount .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Not me...at all. Not on android, tablet, PC or laptop.

Sorry...must be you guys?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
My keyboard would allow me to erase letters but would not allow me to add any .
It's not a bug, it's an intentional feature, to prevent people from making posts which are too long, I think.

Even with the feature your post was still too long or contained too much content you didn't write so the length of your OP was further reduced by the mods.

Previous incarnations of ATS had character counters that told you how many characters you could add before reaching the post limit, but the latest version of ATS seems to no longer have that. I think it still has a character limit though, but I can't tell you how many that is. Just count the characters to where it cut you off and wouldn't let you add any more and you'll have the limit.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

That makes sense thank you for the explanation .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Glad to help!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yes I cant preview, which means if I get an url. wrong, I have to post and then try it out there. Then edit if its wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Ummm...That happened to me the other day when I was posting a link...I had to do multiple edits in order to straighten it out...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Yes a definite bug that needs sorting.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Previous incarnations of ATS had character counters that told you how many characters you could add before reaching the post limit, but the latest version of ATS seems to no longer have that. I think it still has a character limit though, but I can't tell you how many that is. Just count the characters to where it cut you off and wouldn't let you add any more and you'll have the limit.

The limit used to be advertised as 7500 characters.
The current limit, as far as I can make out, is 7413 characters.
I tend to write long threads, so that's the number I keep in mind.

new topics

top topics

join