It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans To Muzzle Gun-Related Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Forgive me if I don't want this country turning in to China.

Firearm ownership law in the People's Republic of China heavily regulates the ownership of firearms. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess firearms. Firearms can be used by law enforcement, the military and paramilitary, and security personnel protecting property of state importance (including the arms industry, financial institutions, storage of resources, and scientific research institutions)

en.wikipedia.org...

Internet censorship in China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the government of China, which have been implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, companies, and organizations.[1][2] The apparatus of China's Internet control is considered more extensive and more advanced than in any other country in the world. The governmental authorities not only block website content but also monitor the Internet access of individuals.[citat

en.wikipedia.org...

Obama does Mao proud.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: projectvxn

Your views are shared by millions who will also not be silenced or disarmed. You'd have to kill me and pray my firearm from my cold, dead hands first.

And I don't even have a firearm...!

TPTB are smarter than this.......They will create a mindset slowly over time using propaganda and fear and many will give up willingly. Pushing progressive ideals in schools and media to the younger generations will eventually pay off in a big way. Young people growing up today will have little or no issue with privacy invasions because that is what they are used too........See the trend now apply it to other constitutional rights.

I can prove what I am saying.......If you ask people if this is a democracy 99% will say.....YES. If you ask them if the rights of a group outweigh the rights of an individual 99% will say.....YES.

This failure of ideology only leads to domination by Oligarchies formed in it's wake.
edit on 7-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

So suddenly you're against private property and keeping specs and trade research out of the hands of tech savvy ISIS?

Yo what good is a firearm if the people don't know how to fix them?

Load ammunition ?

Not much good.

Against private property eh ?

Full ANTI establiment infringing on the rights of the people to keep, and maintain their property.
edit on 7-6-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If it's for a gun that's already on the market then the specs are authorized since you can reverse engineer any gun anyway. These rules are for the manufacturers and THEIR private intellectual property... you know, anything they might have in development.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

These rules are for the manufacturers and THEIR private intellectual property

I sincerely doubt that.

Government is a weapon of mass destruction.

The average gun owner will be collateral damage just like they have been for over 80+ years.

Can't believe my eyes. The most vocal critics of them evil corporations is NOW DEFENDING them!

LOL.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Can't believe my eyes. The most vocal critics of them evil corporations is NOW DEFENDING them!

Whatever it takes to keep weapons out of the public's ability to purchase.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Whatever it takes to keep weapons out of the public's ability to purchase.

Indeed.

Americans love the DIY. Do it yourself. That is why tools,home improvement, and other tools are a multi billion dollar industry.

Same thing with firearms servicing, and ammunition loading.

It's cheaper to do it by oneself than paying someone else too.

Trying to limit the free flow if ideas, and information is the very antithesis of what the word 'liberal' use to mean.

Now it's full support of government authoritarianism without much of any good reason what so ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Per usual, you assume way too much. I'm not defending gun manufacturers or Obama. I'm just stating what the truth of the matter is. Hyperbole and misguidance don't serve anyone, only truth does.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So suddenly you're against private property and keeping specs and trade research out of the hands of tech savvy ISIS?

just because I have access to some specs dont mean i can faithfully re create said item does it?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Per usual, you assume way too much.

Must have mistaken me for Obama, and the rest of the anti gunners.

I know better than to believe 'regulation', and 'laws' ever solve anything.

In fact the only thing they do is create 'criminals' like the article in the op.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Have fun with your windmills.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As much as the gun-drabbing politicians and their synchophants try, they will ultimately fail because they cannot take away an inalienable right.

You can only remove privileges that the government has given.

Government cannot take away a right.

Tyrants often try and sometimes they even succeed.

But it usually ends badly.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Have fun with your windmills.

Looks like fun.

I have seen how well the windmills of the anti gunners/regulation has worked out for people over the last 80 years.

They keep turning, and turning, and never accomplish anything appreciable.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

As much as the gun-drabbing politicians and their synchophants try, they will ultimately fail because they cannot take away an inalienable right.

They been failing for over 80s years.

When A annoys or injures B on the pretense of saving or improving X, A is a scoundrel. Newspaper Days: 1899-1906 (1941)

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They'll always try.

freedom is the antithesis to what they believe in.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

just because I have access to some specs dont mean i can faithfully re create said item does it?

Yes in fact it does. Have you ever heard of Ghost Guns ? They're not guns for dead people
. In Mexico today there are people who are making copy's of the most popular firearms on the market. These guns have fake ID numbers on them and the only way to tell if it was made by S&W, for example, is to run that number and check its history. These guns look and perform just like the factory made one, right down to the logo.

My concern is, do the people who make firearms ever publish the specs to a new idea for a new firearm, before it hits the market ? I think not. So if that's the case then what is the REAL reason behind this idea.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm having a difficult time determining if this is simply a safeguard to prevent a firearm version of Napster or if it's actually an attack on the second amendment.

Either way, I don't see why an EO on this would be necessary. It seems like something current intellectual property rights should already be able to address.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

a reply to: SubTruth

I have found many liberals are misguided by their masters fear tactics and ideology.

I have to agree.

Reducing the right of self defense to dialing 911, and wait for the police to come save us.

Now they are saying BE AFRAID of Gun owners, and the POLICE now.

FEAR tactics indeed.

I was watching a video about crime in the US and in Detroit the response time to 911 calls is 1 hour!!! I almost fell on the floor at that. We have a 10 to 15 minute response time. There can be a whole lot of fighting going on in that time frame and if you can't protect and defend you and yours, well the police are NOT going to be there to do it for you in most circumstances.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I agree They sure have prodeced aome FINE rifles ,haven't they?
Shoot all they woould NEED to do is get the 3D mesh or blueprints and they could have some nice stuff..
TECH SAVY ...meh.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Police protect NO one proactively,they now only react or investigate.
Knowing how to fight IS a valuable skill when bad guys show up.
Of course if they aren't the correct color the P.C. crowd will be on your ass as well.
Especially if they are professionally engaged,by a DISGRUNTLED ---------(Fill in the blank with ,white ,veteran, ex-police or Christian)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join