It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans To Muzzle Gun-Related Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Looks like they sneaked some more regulation possibilities into the Federal Register.

This time is appears to be gun related "speech" that would be in violation of something or other.

The FR entries are a bit complicated which usually means somebody's up to no good as far as the Constitution and 1st and 2nd Amendments are concerned.

Analyzing this is important and we need to expose anything that might later be declared unconstitutional.

There's some big penalties associated within.

What are You seeing in here?

(note: ignore some of the Obama hyperbole in the story. Concentrate on the meat and potatoes in the FR entries. Some of the stories might be controlled opposition and red herrings.)

The foreign-raised President of the United States—who never set foot on the U.S. mainland until he was an adult—has proven throughout his rogue administration that he has no respect at all for the Constitution. He’s proving it yet again with a dual attack on both the First and Second Amendments, with an attempt to twist ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) regulations to ban online speech about firearms, claiming that information posted online is “exporting” data

Even as news reports have been highlighting the gun control provisions of the Administration’s “Unified Agenda” of regulatory objectives (see accompanying story), the Obama State Department has been quietly moving ahead with a proposal that could censor online speech related to firearms. This latest regulatory assault, published in the June 3 issue of the Federal Register is as much an affront to the First Amendment as it is to the Second. Your action is urgently needed to ensure that online blogs, videos, and web forums devoted to the technical aspects of firearms and ammunition do not become subject to prior review by State Department bureaucrats before they can be published…

WHAT CONSTITUTION? Obama Plans To Muzzle Gun-Related Speech

edit on Jun-07-2015 by xuenchen because: [_-o-_]boying oing ing

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I will speak all I wish about the topic that matters to me.

It isn't just about the second amendment to me. I love guns for their precision manufacturing, metallurgical evolution, machining innovations, and the fact that they are fun as hell.

They are my sword. My bow and quiver of arrows. They are my tools of protection from evil people, evil government, and invasion of my home.

They are stress relief after a long week of of mission critical work on expensive military helicopters.

I will talk about them, I will advocate for their possession and use, I will defend the right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

At the end of the day it isn't about the piece of paper that says we can have them. It is about a fundamental philosophy between people like me, and people who wish to take away those, in my view, sacred rights:

A gazelle has horns to protect itself from predators. Where I differ from the antigunner is that I do not believe that cutting the horns off the gazelle will make the herd safer. I believe it will just produce more predators, because no predator is looking to have to fight its food.

I am not food. Sheep get no say.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Somehow I don't think de Furher means giving arms to terrorists in the ME.

After all the US is one of the largest arms dealers in the world. So is Russia, and China, and the UK, France, Germany.

Don't think NK, and Iran is gonna stop 'exporting' either.

No No my fellow Americans.

He just means us little people, and websites like this one that champions our duty to speak out against

Government stupidity.

Woo hoo I love SNAFU.

Situation nornal all fascisted up.

Zeig heil Furher!
edit on 7-6-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I didn't like Obama before this I like him even less now.
Enough already.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Penalties for violations are severe and for each violation could include up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million. Civil penalties can also be assessed. Each unauthorized “export,” including to subsequent countries or foreign nationals, is also treated as a separate violation.

Well that's a win for the PIC.

Prison Industrial Complex.

And the lawyers.

So I don't have the right to the second, and I don't have the 'right' to the 1st.

Par for the course I don't have a right to the 4th(PA) before that was the background check that was a violation of the 4th.

Why yes people even denying the rights to due process, and our crimes be proven in courts of law.

Much was made of a certain someone saying the 'constitution was just a GD piece of paper'.

Wasn't until the current guy in the oval office truly shows us all it takes is a short,short time to go from bad to worse.

We live under a despot.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
All the little call of duty wannabes can make all the videos they want and not be worried because this is geared towards companies. It would really help if people actually read the EO's instead of taking the NRA's word for it.
Here is the first one that leads to the one that was signed back in 2011. Funny how people are still posting videos and no one has been locked up yet.

International Traffic in Arms: Revisions to Definitions of Defense Services, Technical Data, and Public Domain; Definition of Product of Fundamental Research; Electronic Transmission and Storage of Technical Data; and Related Definitions
And here is the one that EO was expanded on.
Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review
Billy Joe Jim Bob posting a video about how awesome his new AR15 just doesn't fall into this category.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I hope they create an Anti Mt. Rushmore...he'd be the first mug up there.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Obama had better move fast for he is the lamest of Lame Ducks. Thank be to all that's holy his term is timing down.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Reading comprehension fail on the NRA's legislative branch (right? lol) and whatever other goofball sources got your knees knockin'.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think you should read your own source.

The changes in definitions that are now mandated by EO are pretty clear.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree this is just another back door attack on civil rights, like the patriot act. It has been applied to all kinds of things it was never intended for. If something like this is allowed to pass you can say good buy to any number of things that you may not think applies. There is a reason that bills are written on 1000 pages or more. And why 50 people can give you 50 meanings of the idea, and all of them be right. They play on peoples fears, and fear can make you do a lot of stupid things that you regret later. Only later is too late.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Reading comprehension fail on the NRA's legislative branch (right? lol) and whatever other goofball sources got your knees knockin'.

I think EO's that do an end run around the BILL OF RIGHTS is a reading comprehension fail, and ALL gun control LAWS since 1934.

Of course let's not forget our government creates fake corporations to do business elsewhere.

That's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The 2nd and the free flow of information globally are huge roadblocks to tyranny. This is not just a US issue this is global in scale because if the US truly does dissolve into outright tyranny the world will also fall....country by country.

I have found many liberals are misguided by their masters fear tactics and ideology. If you ask them if they trust the government the cry out....NO. But than flip flop when it fits personal ideology........it reminds me of a paper bag floating in the wind. This is why over time progressive ideals fail time after time. If you put the rights of the masses before individual rights the system of rule will fail. Nazi Germany and communist Russia are clear examples of this overlooked fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Your views are shared by millions who will also not be silenced or disarmed. You'd have to kill me and pray my firearm from my cold, dead hands first.

And I don't even have a firearm...!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I will speak all I wish about the topic that matters to me.

It isn't just about the second amendment to me. I love guns for their precision manufacturing, metallurgical evolution, machining innovations, and the fact that they are fun as hell.

They are my sword. My bow and quiver of arrows. They are my tools of protection from evil people, evil government, and invasion of my home.

They are stress relief after a long week of of mission critical work on expensive military helicopters.

I will talk about them, I will advocate for their possession and use, I will defend the right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

At the end of the day it isn't about the piece of paper that says we can have them. It is about a fundamental philosophy between people like me, and people who wish to take away those, in my view, sacred rights:

A gazelle has horns to protect itself from predators. Where I differ from the antigunner is that I do not believe that cutting the horns off the gazelle will make the herd safer. I believe it will just produce more predators, because no predator is looking to have to fight its food.

I am not food. Sheep get no say.

I agree. Nothing is more relaxing (for me at least) after a long week than trying to drive tacks without a scope with a 22mag rifle.

Well said.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Except it doesn't. This has to do with arms manufacturing mostly and keeping specs and trade research that are unauthorized for release by the patent holder(s) out of the public domain.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I have found many liberals are misguided by their masters fear tactics and ideology.

I have to agree.

Reducing the right of self defense to dialing 911, and wait for the police to come save us.

Now they are saying BE AFRAID of Gun owners, and the POLICE now.

FEAR tactics indeed.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Except it doesn't. This has to do with arms manufacturing mostly and keeping specs and trade research that are unauthorized for release by the patent holder(s) out of the public domain.

Miss how well that worked out with p2p ?

LOL.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So suddenly you're against private property and keeping specs and trade research out of the hands of tech savvy ISIS?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My knees are not a knock'n.

I still haven't read the FR entries.

But I bet there's some unconstitutional parts in there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join