It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing Gods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I should give some credit here. Even after reading many stories about Inanna, I still didn't understand her nature as Non-Domestic, Non-Homebound and Non-Maternal Divine Feminine until I read this essay.

INANNA/ISHTAR - THE NON-MATERNAL AS AN ARCHETYPE OF FEMININE INTEGRITY, By Lishtar (Dr. Roseane Lopes) poster presented in the 47e Rencontre Assyriologique - Helsinki, Finland - July 2nd to 6th 2001.

Inanna/Ishtar therefore represents the most complete example of a truly liberated goddess, who by simply being HerSelf allowed the possibility for women to have dynamic and non-maternal roles in society, even if society not quite agreed and was uneasy and ambiguous about such a role. No other goddess is called "hero" and "mainly", no other goddess has so much allure, assertiveveness, strength and power and true knowledge and knowing of HerSelf. More complete than the Greeks Athena and Arthemis, more passionate and interesting as a lover than Aphrodite and Venus, a master of confrontation better than Egyptian Sekhmet or the Celt Morrighan in the arts of war, more practical than Norse Freya. All the above mentioned goddesses are archetypes for the Dynamic Non-Maternal, and share with Inanna/Ishtar the traits of independence, valor and the knowledge of their own power to heal and destroy what must be no more.

From Inanna come the traits so admired in Athena and Artemis. They don't have to be put aside as yet (maybe not at all).

<< 1   >>

join