It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Averna: The Chronicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
She is strikingly alien; Tall and clothed in a gloomy dazzle unfamiliar to the native Avernians, radiating qualities that proclaim hints of nobility. Her usual appearance has her dressed in dragon leather boots and well-fitting scaled body armour beneath a long cloak weaved from dimensional threads. The gems of her three obsidian rings that grace pale slender hands and black nails, that glitter as do the stars against the void. Those heterochromia purpled ruby colors add to the whole undertone of menace which could be furiously unleashed at any moment but for now her gaze remains neutral. Upon her head of raven haired sleekness rests a kind of tiara of magickal properties and curiously obtained during her childhood of such a century long ago. Presently she strolls through the city market and despite the hectic bustle of crowds she seems to always surround herself a space of comfortable movement, not by any magickal means but rather from people actively avoiding bumping into her and practically leaping out of her way. I view all this from a distance as I sip on my fruit beverage on the opposite thoroughfare of the streets.

I had met Mary Dragora once before 3 years ago, if only briefly on a trade ship from Chister that was destined to make next port at Ithzur. She had kept herself confined to her quarters for most of the trip, appearing only one time on the deck during a calm ocean night. Through light conversation I learned that she was on some kind of important quest and had travelled extensively through lands and places known and unknown. Now she is here in the city of Zeem. She stops at a stall that has a large multitude of books and examines a few of their contents then she says something to the owner who nods in reply and calls his assistant to manage the stall before quickly setting off to some place. I could follow him and find where he urgently goes but my attention is now on a group of seven city guards dressed in white uniforms and armed with swords that make their way through the crowds, obliviously heading in the direction towards Dragora and no doubt alerted to her presence by some concerned citizen. She senses them I think and as she turns to face them her demeanour shifts to something like curiosity as they approach and tactically surround her. If she tried to escape she would be woefully cut down from any direction but I don’t think she’ll run. I hope she doesn’t hurt them to much if trouble starts as good city protection is hard to acquire and expensive to replace.

One of the guards, probably the captain judging by the rank insignia on his uniform is doing most of the talking while the rest of them all look tense. He gestures a direction with his hand and she replies something which I cannot hear and flashes them a sharp toothed smile and in a swift movement simply pokes his forehead with a finger and he falls down in a heap on the ground. Before any other of the guards can draw their swords she removes her cloak and throws it at a guard behind her and he vanishes as the cloak lands on him leaving the cloak to fall to the ground. Now it it revealed that she's carrying an assortment of lethal weaponry and draws a wicked looking blade and speedily slashes the throats of two others before reverse spinning behind the rest avoiding their efforts to cut her down and stabbing another in the heart. One of the guards mange to grab her arm but she reverses his grip and throws him a distance sending him crashing into a window of a store front. The remaining two guards quickly realize that they are out classed and retreat to summon for additional assistance. I figure that's my cue and I call out to her as I move closer to the violent scene and she turns her head and sees me in recognition of our past meeting.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ooooh, good story! What happens next????

new topics

join