It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Year Did You Stop Your Cognitive Dissonance Towards The 9/11 OS ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I admire those that saw it within the week of it happening they have the strongest levels of intuition not blinded by any cognitive dissonance.

Intuition

direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

I also heard it defined this way, " Intuition are facts the subconscious has put together before the truth is actually known", and women are very good at it.

a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

I agree Cheney was the guy, I think Bush just went along with it, he never planned it or authorized it, it happened and he rolled with it.
Plausible denial for the President.

I have one question for those who don't think the Pentagon strike was fishy, when it became clear that plane would strike in restricted airspace why were the ground missile defenses stood down ? WHY ?
edit on 9-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss
I think it was around the time that I discovered Cheney had ordered a stand down allowing a plane to hit a target.

Except of course he never did order a stand down....

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president, then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that.

And then later I heard of the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, "Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?" And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down.

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out.

www.9-11commission.gov...

We have the air defense systems in place to stop attacks,

Please detail these "air defences in place" in 2001

edit on 9-6-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: empireoflizards

Perhaps those events you mention didn't in involve 3000+ civilians on U.S. soil.

Nope it sure didn't. And I addressed that line of thought in my post .

" Neither did the Gulf of Tonkin Incident and we went to war over that ."

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss
I think it was around the time that I discovered Cheney had ordered a stand down allowing a plane to hit a target.

Except of course he never did order a stand down....

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president, then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that.

And then later I heard of the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, "Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?" And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down.

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out.

www.9-11commission.gov...

We have the air defense systems in place to stop attacks,

Please detail these "air defences in place" in 2001

Norm later recanted his story, and I'm sure you can understand why. No explanation needed here, use your noodle.

As for your second query, something which I'm sure you're aware of but want to be intellectually dishonest about, there's this.

en.wikipedia.org...

National Reconnaissance Office drill[edit]
Aside from military exercises, a National Reconnaissance Office drill was being conducted on September 11, 2001. In a simulated event, a small aircraft would crash into one of the towers of the agency's headquarters after experiencing a mechanical failure. The NRO is the branch of the Department of Defense in charge of spy satellites. According to its spokesman Art Haubold: "No actual plane was to be involved -- to simulate the damage from the crash, some stairwells and exits were to be closed off, forcing employees to find other ways to evacuate the building." He further explained: "It was just an incredible coincidence that this happened to involve an aircraft crashing into our facility, as soon as the real world events began, we canceled the exercise." Most of the agency's personnel were sent home after the attacks.[12]

I find it entertaining that even all these years later, there still exist people like yourself.

Can jet fuel melt your dubious skepticism?

edit:

Anyhow, I'm only responding to OP's question to the forum members, not here to try and convince you personally of anything, especially considering you're already a notorious ATS Israeli puppet. But hey, you got a response from me. A+ for your effort. I hope this reply earned you enough shekels to assist you in finding a better job.

edit on 9-6-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

Something that struck me as odd was Dubyas reaction in the classroom. It was almost a shocked....Oh my God they did it look on his face.

Ever wonder if our leaders are being held hostage themselves and its not them holding us hostage?

"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." -- Woodrow Wilson, from his book The New Freedom (1913)

edit on 9-6-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Woodrow was of course referring to international banking.

I wonder if we would be having this conversation, had the "terrorists" sent a flew planes hurtling down towards the City of London?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
7th grade. So 2003 ish?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I proposed many years ago that 9/11 truth activists take a pledge now with respect to the time when it becomes generally accepted that 9/11 was a conspiracy. We should all pledge not to belittle those who insisted on the official version of events to the bitter end. We should agree not to boast about how quickly we realized the official story was a falsehood. I am familiar, for example, with what happened to many Soviet dissidents after the break-up of the Soviet Union. Many of those who strutted around with inflated egos seeking praise for their clear-sightedness have to this day failed to see that the lie of the official ideology of the Soviet regime was only a small part of a bigger lie.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: johnquindell

the official ideology of the Soviet regime was only a small part of a bigger lie.

How can people function in life if they believe that everything is a lie?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Sadly everyone of you sound exactly the same, use the same memes, and attempt to taunt everyone who knows dam well this is one of the biggest and EASIEST to see scams in history.

Damn right the truther movement is one of the biggest and easiest to see scams in history!

But you know that already, and it gives you get a good belly laugh.

It certainly does.

I have noticed that those who believe in the official story are also far FAR easier to scam in the real world, on any manner of topics.

Lol that's a silly comparison and one you can't prove scientifically. Gullible people are on both sides of this debate.

All one has to do, is find out the level of programming a person has, and then exploit it for easy EASY profits, or to just blow the minds of these poor souls.

Or tell them that the government is out to get you then offer to sell a dvd for $19.99 plus s&h. Tell someone what they want to hear then sell them more "information" that tells them what they want to hear. Such an EASY to see scam.

I have yet to encounter one of you in person, who by the time I am done with them, has not had life changing epiphanies.

You should meet me. I've actually looked INTO the truther movement, how and who started it, why it was started, and reviewed many of its claims unlike those people you duped on the streets who likely hadn't heard of the truther movement or hadn't looked into it very well so weren't prepared to refute the claims. Because if they had, the claims are usually remarkably easy to debunk; especially the "Free Fall" argument.

But no time left for that, you guys just flat out lack the courage, and the tools to ever be a part of anything new, or better, that is not an insult it is the unfortunate, TRUTH.

Strange proclamation you got going here...

The best parts are, they think they actually are not affected by things around them, this is the best control group EVER.

Yes, gullible people are the BEST control group. It is unfortunate, but true. You aren't highlighting anything about any particular side of the debate though. In any case, I'd say that a group willing to buy dvds to hear things they want to hear is the more gullible of the two groups.

Was 911 an Inside Job? - How Loose Change was made.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Same here. Actually, seeing the event made me laugh out loud, it was THAT ridiculous. If it had been ONE building it would have been ridiculous, let alone two. I learned about WTC7 much later, which only added to my belief it was doctored. You don't need to be a genious to see that. So perhaps we were SUPPOSED to see that something was rotten in Danmark, I don't know.

But the official story is bogus, that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
For me it was the year I signed up to ATS back in 2006, didn't know about WTC7 until then.
Watched 9/11 Mysteries just because it was ranked in the top 100 videos at goggle at the time, that was October 2006.
In researching the topic I came across ATS the next month and signed up.
Took me 5 years.

Didn't know about WT7 then, and you clearly haven't listened to anything a single person with actual knowledge of WT7 has had to say since then. What a shame and a a waste of literally 9 years. --facepalm--

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Dude the final report from NIST on WTC7 never came out until 2008 some might have been hedging their bets on that report. When they said column # 79 caused the collapse that we all saw, it just confirmed our intuition, and controlled demolition experts that dared to comment said no way. The only way a building comes down like that, in a fast global collapse is when ALL columns are compromised fast, not just one.

A few years later this guy has a car "accident" that results in his death. I believe that was a warning to all demolition experts keep your mouth shut on this topic.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You know guys, Cognitive dissonance works both ways, it is just as possible if not more so in my view that those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracies are also suffering a level of cognitive dissonance. In fact I think that it is psychologically arguably the biggest reason people believe in 9/11 conspiracies. Prior to 9/11 in America the national psyche was very much that America was the tough guy on the block, this was enforced in Hollywood blockbusters the sense of pride of having the worlds strongest ever military force. Then 9/11 comes along and you guys got hit hard for the first time in half a century, that in itself could create a lot of cognitive dissonance for the patriotic American who believes America is untouchable yet is now faced with the uncomfortable reality that American got hit so hard. The solution, goes something like this:

"We are America, the toughest bunch of gun totting guys on gods earth, we have just been hit by a bunch of guys living in caves half way around the world in a country we have never heard of in the name of a religion we know nothing about..... this cannot happen, America could not get hit this hard the only ones strong enough to do this to us is ourselfs..... as such this must have been a attack by America on Americans and the only ones who would do that is the horrible nasty government".

Its actually textbook cognitive dissonance, faced with two hard beliefs that contradict each other, America is invisible but has also just been hit hard and hit with such ease. The cognitive dissonance at play creates the conspiracies.

Now of course truthers will never admit to their own cognitive dissonance in this respect but I believe it to be a very valid point. Further more it's also the big difference in the cognitive dissonance of OSers vs Truthers in that one could argue that Truthers first created their conspiracies through their own cognitive dissonance and then started accusing those who believe the OS of being "victams" of cognitive dissonance for..... errr well.... not believe in the truthers conspiracy theories resulting from their cognitive dissonance.

My point; this works both ways, I can argue that turthers are "victims" of cognitive dissonance just as much as they could argue the same of me as such the whole argument is pointless.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I never had it. I know there are people willing to destroy the US. I also know that the plethora of stories that work towards it being the US, are erroneous. It stands to me, it makes more sense that the people who hate you, did it. Still does. Despite the plethora of tales that you conspire eagerly towards yourself. Too much OBVIOUS makes it a non sequitur to me.

If I walked up to a child and stole it's candy, I would be the easy culprit. Yet, here we have the child stealing it's own candy to make me the bad guy. thereby making the child the bad guy because why would I so blatantly and brazenly do so.

Despite my vocal claims to want that child's candy.

Nup, no cognitive dissonance here. Just people all too eager to hate themselves for things they think about themselves, already.

you people hate your government. So you will make up any excuse to see it. that's as far as it goes for me. The rest of us, so called sheeple, see the bad people out there, already. Perhaps, playing on your fear. Working rather well it seems, too.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It amazes me that some people knew the very day it happened.

Was is it a gut felling based on previous historical false flags?

I knew it the same way as soon as it was on the news that it was all BS.. Many people, I don't know the percentage, have empathic abilities to feel things. I can tell when a deception is being pushed at me so many different ways, but when 911 happened, those feelings were coming from every media source and every politician who wasn't reacting to it, but rather were "selling" it.
Then came the long long timeline of "slip ups" and mistakes. Ideas being pushed a certain way so that people get on board that particular mainstream of manipulated swayed opinion.

Those who don't believe that detecting deception can be done by a person like this, feel that way because they have never experienced that ability and so it doesn't exist to them, and I don't hold that against them. It is like a deaf person from birth not knowing what sound is like, although that isn't the best analogy. Point made though.

I feel deceptions as negative energy and I feel it just like how being the target of a vile hatred feels like emotionally. IT reeks of evil and it is palpable to me. I can tell when someone is purposefully lying to me that same way. If there is malice attached to the lie, I can and always do feel it. And it has always proven itself out to be true later when lies or deceptions with Mal intent are exposed by other means.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you watch a video like I posted and you instantly dismiss a professional unbiased opinion, if that doesn't bring any doubts or questions to your mind, then sorry but YOU DO have cognitive dissonance towards this issue.

@sn0rch
As for the US government I use to be very pro-USA, they were the good guys, the world policeman. Even the second Iraq war, I was not for the war but understood the need to get the WMD from Saddam. When I realized what they did in 06 my world view flipped, they aren't the good guys.

In retrospect America lost it's moral high ground the day they fire bombed Dresden during WW2 and then proceeded to nuke Japan twice.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That depends on what video you are talking about.

Also its very easy for you to believe in something which supports your cognitive dissonance, it may be that actually the video is not unbiased and it could also be possible that it has a number of inaccuracies in it. Now I don't know what specific video you are talking about but it is possible that through your own cognitive dissonance you have already created this predetermined view that American was too tough to get hit so easily so it must have been the nasty American government behind the attacks. As such you induce a confirmation bias to support this view, so your video to you might not appear bias and it might even appear to be 100% factual. However to a more objective viewer the source is bias and the facts are not being properly represented but again though your own cognitive dissonance you will struggle with this. Then strangely then accuse me of being the one with the cognitive dissonance because i dont agree with a conspiracy belief you hold that was crated through your own struggles with cognitive dissonance.

Other than that your post does not really address the point i was making.
edit on 9-6-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So you watch a video like I posted and you instantly dismiss a professional unbiased opinion, if that doesn't bring any doubts or questions to your mind, then sorry but YOU DO have cognitive dissonance towards this issue.

@sn0rch
As for the US government I use to be very pro-USA, they were the good guys, the world policeman. Even the second Iraq war, I was not for the war but understood the need to get the WMD from Saddam. When I realized what they did in 06 my world view flipped, they aren't the good guys.

In retrospect America lost it's moral high ground the day they fire bombed Dresden during WW2 and then proceeded to nuke Japan twice.

Right. How dare we use weapons of war to force surrender by Japan. Whatever. Bunch of revisionist garbage.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Look at my post above yours, with the video, it makes the point perfectly.

And if you can't see what that point is ........

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join