It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still the rain fell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ummm...Have you ever stood under a falling rain...lifted your face to the sky and just let time slip...
Well...I have...and it gave me something to think about...I thought I would share those thoughts with you...

Still the rain fell

Rain fell soft on the upturned face
Pools formed and overflowed where closed eyelids met
Small rivers ran skirting the promontory cheekbones
racing the straights along that small and perfect nasal mountain
Only to break against the lips those twin mounds of expression
and fall again in testimony to relativism
Still the rain fell
The individual pummeling massages away tensions worry
and that single greatest threat to potential the doubt of self

This cleansing flow this gift
Strange to think that water washes clean both spirit and flesh
yet contained at the heart of each falling drop
a speck of dust a realm in minutia a piece of dirt
To think that cleanliness often associated with a pure pious innocence
carries deep within it's core the very seed of that which we try to wipe away
Not of filth and depravity
Not of fear or shames bold residue
But of earth
of essence

Rain fell soft on the upturned face

There you have it...a peek into the role of falling water drops...a glimpse into one singular moment not disturbed by thoughts racing behind the brow on which those raindrops fell...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Both of the poems you posted today are simply exquisite.

Keep up the great work.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing ... enjoyed it very much

" ... yet contained at the heart of each falling drop
a speck of dust a realm in minutia a piece of dirt ..."

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think I am your number one fan!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

Ummm...Thank you CretumOrbis...I'm glad you liked these polar opposite poems...The one a study in obsession and how it carried through and affected the life of the character...The other a simple observation on summer rain extrapolated out into an existential summation of what thinking about where such mundane experience might lead...

I guess I'm overly or perhaps overtly infatuated with what-if's...

Be well my friend

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Ummm...I'm pleased that you were able to find some enjoyment in my thoughts ArtistPoet...

I guess my earth science class from high school served me well when I wrote this poem...that and "Horton heard a Who"...
Maybe next I'll write a poem about my experiences with green eggs and ham.......true story that...

Thank you for your kind words...ArtistnPoet...be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...Hello my good friend...you just made the day's tension melt away into a smile...
Thank you for that...
I've been thinking about what a wonderful group of people I'm starting to know in this forum...I wish you all could experience how uplifting...how utterly uplifting...this is to me...
It's too damn wonderfully weird....................How on Earth did I ever come into this moment...?
The Spirit must really love me a great deal to honor me with such good company amongst such as you...

My days are filled with a joy that rushes out to fill the all around...I listen to the heart beating in my chest...draw in that perfect stuttering breath and drown in the most precious mystery...HOW...WHY...Such an acute unraveling of shadow...and all of you the light...

I don"t quite know how to express what lives inside of me...I try and there are no words that I have found that even come close...Perhaps that's why I find such solace in silence...in that space between the words...that pause is where I live most comfortable...

Thank you Night Star...may you find such a wellspring as I have found...may you drink deep...may your cares melt away and find themselves resolved in the framework of a smile...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you ever wrote a book, it would be the kind where no one wants to see it end. Very rarely do I come across a writer as eloquent, amazing and enchanting as you.

I have read and loved all your poetry. Have you written any stories??

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Ummm...I have written stories Night Star...I've even been thinking of posting one or two...Maybe a Sci Fi or perhaps a Horror/SciFi...

I'm a Sci Fi/Horror addict...who cut his teeth on Edgar Rice Burroughs and Howard Philips Lovecraft...and Robert A Heinlein and Stephen King and Dean Koontz and Clive Barker and Orson Scott Card and on and on and on...

Thank you for your very kind words...I'm glad that I could help to brighten your day...If I think of a purpose for this existence...then it could be no other than being a vessel through which good intention might decide to express...

I write because I honestly give a damn...If I could be there on that day when every hurt...every tear...every broken heart were made whole...then I would deem my purpose finished...

I ask for nothing beyond a hallowed divinity for each and everyone of you...I would usher you all into the very lap of God...even if it meant that I could not go...that I had to stay behind...alone
I don't ask for anything for self...I have all that I could ever need and more...I only pray with all that I am...that there is a path forward and that you all walk into that good day...filled with such vision and concern for one another that Cain and those who would follow such never come again...

I'm not an idealist...I fully know that we are caught in the grip of our nature...I merely state...because I understand that each moment is choice and individual we choose...
I would choose to see you all well...nothing more...

Not to be a dreamer...yet to dream...

YouSir
edit on 9-6-2015 by YouSir because: I chose to...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Are you married? I think I'm in love. LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

YouSir with Simple, yet Deep, Realism are a breath of Fresh air to My Weary Self...
I Am absolutely loving Your works here at ATS!
Thank You for sharing a bit of Yourself with us!!
As I do respect My Elders, (Inside joke here...)
I really appreciate Your Words on My screen!
(Hey, I think NightStar Is Crushing on You Bro!!)

Keep these wonderful expressions coming Man!!
Thank You!!! Syx...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ummm...LOL...it's still the highest compliment you can give anyone...even if you were only joking...

I must say that I don't as a rule let things go to my head...but you sure managed to bring the inner redskin out onto my face
(I can say that...I'm part American Indian)

I'm honored...speechless...but honored...

Be well my good friend...

YouSir

top topics

join