It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Same thing happened to my husband when he worked for a computer firm.
He had to train his replacement or face losing his pension.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This should be illegal.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
A little off topic but I once got tricked into training my replacement. Then he quits ( found a better job) 2 weeks after they let me go. They had the nerve to try and get me to come back.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
One thing you need to know about Indian workers. Most can't even use a drill or screwdriver, they have little or no creativity or ingenuity they think we are miracle workers because we multitask so well when they have no idea of where to start unless it's in a book. Draw a part in a CAD program no problem create one out of their head ??????

Aren't you a special, racist piece of work.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Racism is never justified, you spun the source...come on.

And this is happening everywhere. Chase did the exact same thing...which when you come to think about why it went unnoticed in the news it makes sense. Since by proxy they own the media. It's a sad fact of life...corporations run the world.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixer1967
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
A little off topic but I once got tricked into training my replacement. Then he quits ( found a better job) 2 weeks after they let me go. They had the nerve to try and get me to come back.

I've had to do it twice now. Once in the late 80's, training a Chinese worker who was flown here to learn my job to be taken back to China. The second time was a few years ago, same thing, but it was an Indian worker. It's not a new trend at all. It will hit everyone eventually I suppose. It has forced me to re-educate for a new career twice now, incurring educational debt each time. I'll be damned if I am going put my hand out to the govt if I can do what it takes myself to recover.

Is that considered being a "lazy American"?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some want to say that I'm racist for pointing out that the majority of Indians in India do their business outside. There is a reason india is considered one of the most filthy countries on the planet, and that's just one of them.

Indian is not a race. Therefore, its not racist. If anything, its stereotyping. Pointing out the flaws in a culture isn't racism, its elitist.

Cultural relativism is a great idea when coupled with common sense. Genital mutilation may be a cultural norm in some places, but that doesn't make it right. Same with child brides. Go ahead, defend those horrible cultural norms as o.k. because its their culture. Same goes for choosing to do your business anywhere you can cop a squat with no regard to sanitation or cleanliness.

Either way, the point of the piece is to expose how corps are the ones that ruin your life. They are the ones that have refused to give you a raise for the last 30 years. They are the ones that pay you so little that you need welfare. They are the ones that fire you, and make you train your replacement. They are the ones that are making you work for third world wages, cause if you don't they will import the third world to take your job.

I'm still waiting for the free-market/no regulation crowd to say this is a great idea and good for america and her people.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Foreigners will wake up eventually and the Slave Masters will be faced with the same dilemma once again.

surrender is the slave masters only option and shot at freedom at this point. There is no other way. Almost run out of train track.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is just one more step towards the destruction of America. It has to come crashing down eventually. Baby steps.

And as much as many of us want to boycott Disney, I doubt very many of us will decide to not watch the new Star Wars movie.... *Shakes fist*
edit on 8-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
This is just one more step towards the destruction of America. It has to come crashing down eventually. Baby steps.

And as much as many of us want to boycott Disney, I doubt very many of us will decide to not watch the new Star Wars movie.... *Shakes fist*

Here....shake this light saber in anger.....makes a neat sound.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

*Holds light saber while making angry Wookie noises. Accidentally breaks light saber*

edit on 9-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join