It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

i c/p'ed the title of the article from the ny times.

basic summary, disney is getting rid of their i.t. staff and outsourcing it to india, and by outsourcing i mean flying indians in on an h1b visa. typically the h1b visa is used to fill gaps that employers cant find american workers to fill. this is not an uncommon occurrence for big corporations, either. especially in i.t.

near as i can figure, disney was going to fire all these i.t. guys for doing a great job and knew they couldnt be replaced by american workers, so they are importing indian workers and having the old guys teach them the ropes so they will be as good as the old guys that they are firing and cant replace.

makes perfect cents (pun intended) when you figure disney will save anywhere from 25% to 49% in their i.t. dept.

all hail the free market!

[SNIPPED:
*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics ]
edit on Sun Jun 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
www.nytimes.com...
remember, india is a country where open defecation is the norm, so how good can their education really be? they cant even figure out how to use a toilet. www.bbc.com...)

And that simple but ignorant (and a bit racist) statement, will make me ignore your post completely.....

Edited to add Barf Emojis, but the best I could find where these:

edit on 7-6-2015 by jackjoedoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jackjoedoe

how is it ignorant (without knowledge) when i have a source (bbc) to back it up?

"A new World Health Organisation (WHO) report says more than half a billion people in India still "continue to defecate in gutters, behind bushes or in open water bodies, with no dignity or privacy".

more than the entire population of the u.s. poop outside in india. daily. according to the program "vice", one indian city put up 100 porta-potties, and most have never been used. the locals prefer to do their business outside.

so how am i ignorant again?

edit on 7-6-2015 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

how is it ignorant (without knowledge) when i have a source (bbc) to back it up?

"A new World Health Organisation (WHO) report says more than half a billion people in India still "continue to defecate in gutters, behind bushes or in open water bodies, with no dignity or privacy"." more than the entire population of the u.s.

You are quite correct sir, your statement was not ignorant, it is racist though. You're basing your entire argument upon whether or not a certain people (culture) relieve themselves properly. What the Fook does how some one uses the toilet have to do with their level of education, or knowledge of IT?

Good day to you.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

if you cant figure out how to make a seat with a hole in it, something the romans figured out 3000 yrs ago, over a pit to be burned and sanitized, then how can you figure out proper tcp/ip protocols?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

simpleorganiclife.org...

That is all I have to say about that...

And beside the point...but If you didn't notice the romans are not exactly a prominent political power anymore.
edit on 7-6-2015 by jackjoedoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

i do believe there was a toilet in there, and that it was done in a sanitary environment, rather than outside and/or in the river you get your drinking water from.

even cats dig holes, and dogs scratch over the mess.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The H-1B program was specifically for bringing in foreigners for jobs they couldn't find Americans to do.

According to the NYT article in the OP there are entire companies dedicated to bringing in H-1B workers to take over jobs that Americans are being being fired from.

I just don't understand how they can get away this but I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

actually, i didnt watch the commercial. i just looked at the ad that had a guy on a toilet with the stool.

good on you for getting 50 bux tho.

edit to clarify. on my screen the vid box shows a guy on a toilet and the play button. i assumed a toilet was involved.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

5 banks can plead guilty to fixing the currency market and get fined, but let fifa take some bribes and they all get arrested.
justice to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

i c/p'ed the title of the article from the ny times.

basic summary, disney is getting rid of their i.t. staff and outsourcing it to india, and by outsourcing i mean flying indians in on an h1b visa. typically the h1b visa is used to fill gaps that employers cant find american workers to fill. this is not an uncommon occurrence for big corporations, either. especially in i.t.

near as i can figure, disney was going to fire all these i.t. guys for doing a great job and knew they couldnt be replaced by american workers, so they are importing indian workers and having the old guys teach them the ropes so they will be as good as the old guys that they are firing and cant replace.

makes perfect cents (pun intended) when you figure disney will save anywhere from 25% to 49% in their i.t. dept.

(dirty little secret about indian i.t. workers. on average, they dont know ####. they come out of diploma mills. itt tech may have a bad rap, but their grads know the basics at least. remember, india is a country where open defecation is the norm, so how good can their education really be? they cant even figure out how to use a toilet. www.bbc.com...)

Companies move because of regulations..

This is not the free market, as you have pointed out. The wealth will move to a country with more incentives. Or vice versa.

edit on 7-6-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I worked in the USA, Radnor, PA - on an H1B visa and have worked there and on many other IT projects with Indian software developers - in general I found them hard-working, knowledgeable, friendly and eager to learn. Their toilet habits never seemed to be a factor in their quality of work or service delivery.
In general, I noticed the Americans were more than happy to take the management positions, and the credit, and treated us like dogs. The Canadians were awesome. Great people. I know I am generalising, but that is just from personal experience.
edit on 7/6/2015 by deltaalphanovember because: added "more

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I refuse to go to Disney World ever again.
The H1-B visa program is being utilized in a fashion that wasn't originally intended. Companies are playing so loosely with the rules that they don't seem to exist any more.
But the puddle in my backyard can be seen as reason to raid my house in the eyes of the EPA.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

so how am i ignorant again?

Because you falsely compare education and skill levels to an issue that a part of a country faces.

I've worked with Indian post production artists and they certainly understand tcp/ip otherwise I doubt they would have been able to connect their internet and use their company VPN.

A number of the west's adverts for companies like Samsung are made by Indians who live in India and will continue to do so. They're educated in their country of birth and they've never moved.

Yes there are diploma mills and people taking advantage of desperate people. There are also many Indian people who will go to great lengths for more oppurtunity. I pray if America falls into a cess pit and you find yourself care taking a group of cows to keep your family fed that there isn't an Indian IT worker commenting how you can't build an efficient enough U-bend to take your crap.

It's just an unfortunate simplification you've made here.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Get used to it people.

The current administration broke the immigration system by refusing to enforce it.

The country has been and will continue to be flooded with more immigrants than we can handle.

The people most affected are our poor who struggle to get jobs.
We have more people than ever in the history of our nation
who are discouraged and no longer even trying to look for non-existent jobs.
These people are no longer counted by the government as unemployed,
they are a massive hidden chronically unemployed.

The flood of immigrants will mean that the nations poor and school dropouts
will be shoved aside by foreign workers who broke the law
to enter the US and by that definition are criminals.
Who are then coddled by the current administration
and shuffled by because cold hard facts are not racist, it is truth,

black people will suffer the most from the massive immigration.
cis.org...
thinkprogress.org...

I know there are many well educated and lovely black people and families.
But look at the cities in trouble and the inner cities where there is
for cultural reasons poverty and people give up on education,
they are predominately black. (I'm not looking up those stats for
you, don't believe me look up percentage of blacks in Detroit,
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Birmingham, Kansas City, etc. in the inner cities)

Has the administration decided like Disney,
to not care about them and throw them aside

because they know that they have the utter and complete devotion
of them and an almost blind religious devotion to voting Democrat?

So that they can bring in more poor competing for the same Mcjobs
and driving up the discouraged worker rate
and making them governmental slaves
through making government handouts their only means of survival,
because the government gave away all their jobs to get new voters with the new immigrants?
www.shadowstats.com...

It is not just Disney who is dissing the American worker.
Our current administration is also doing it by refusing
to enforce immigration law, the law isn't broken,
Obama simply sent memos out and said "do not enforce the law".

So don't blame Disney, they were just following the example of our Dear Leader.
skinnyreporter.com...

edit on 7Sun, 07 Jun 2015 07:44:33 -0500am60706amk070 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
no way in hell would i train someone that they intended to replace me with. as far as firing me. tell them to piss up a rope and make them go ahead and fire me.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...
(dirty little secret about indian i.t. workers. on average, they dont know ####. they come out of diploma mills. itt tech may have a bad rap, but their grads know the basics at least. remember, india is a country where open defecation is the norm, so how good can their education really be? they cant even figure out how to use a toilet. www.bbc.com...)

Catchy tune.

So what your saying
is Disney will smell like crap soon

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join