It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lovely! I Now Owe $63,000 Payable On June 15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I didn't even know I owed this. For a accident, truly, December 9. Sure, it was my fault but there was no D.U.I. or anything, just a misjudgement on my part. This is why they are accidents.

They supposedly mailed the letter May 15, so how did I just get it today? Even then do they really think anyone these days just has 63 Grand lying around?

This basically is the insurance company being truly corporate scum. It was in Mom's truck, so State Farm cancelled her for something I did. There was no other reason stated as there isn't one, just corporate greed. Then the greed of this lady trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.

Whatever. Let them come after me and my little old Mom. There isn't anything they can take. The idiots want pictures yet I've already fixed the damage. Never asked for pictures then, so why now?

A completely ridiculous situation yet par for the course in today's world. I'm laughing at how insane this is.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I am not following to well . Can you try again and slow down a little , its not a race .

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

He got in an accident.

The insurance isn't covering it.

He didn't get the notice until recently and doesn't have that kind of cash.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That was my guess as well . A few more details would not go amiss . Why no coverage for instance .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I know a girl that hit a drive through. The insurance canceled because she was on a private lot they claimed. Wendy's ended up taking her to criminal court to get restitution which see refused to pay .

To make a long story short, over the next 15 years she spent about five of them of and on in jail. She would come up with money to get payment started then failed to pay them each time and get rearrested .

Don't treat this matter lightly talk to a lawyer. If you don't have money for a lawyer call up your local legal aid .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: hutch622

He got in an accident.

The insurance isn't covering it.

He didn't get the notice until recently and doesn't have that kind of cash.

Pretty much it. Sorry for being obtuse.

How does a letter mailed May 15 reach me on 6/6? Seriously, they are giving me 9 days to come up with 63 grand? Even a month wouldn't have helped as I couldn't come up with 63,000 in a lifetime. Since State Farm decided not to do their part and then cancelled Mom who had nothing to do with it

Basic coverage. Didn't cover my vehicle but should have covered anything else. I'll be damned if I saw a injured person at the scene so why do I owe 63 grand for a 2002 Chevy?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It soon will be Sunday which means I can't do squat until Monday. I'll talk to some people who should know some people that could steer me in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

For a accident, truly, December 9. Sure, it was my fault but there was no D.U.I. or anything, just a misjudgement on my part. This is why they are accidents.

If its your fault then you are liable. You just admitted that on a public forum. If I was you, I'd redact that and stop talking about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The levels of prickism that insurance companies can achieve crosses international boundaries . Short story , i rear ended a subaru and according to damage report the rear end was written off , no tail/brake lights etc . They still managed 1800 ks before it was auctioned . When i questioned this they hung up .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Keep one thing in mind. Do not sign anything if anyone comes to your door, do not set any type of payment plan up in fact do not communicate with them whatsoever. Any omission at all on your part they can use as a sign of guilt .

Tell your mom the same thing they might not have a leg to stand on but any acceptance on you or your mothers part could be taken as a admission of guilt .

I would say your best bet is to call legal aid Monday morning and be prepared to hang on the phone for a while .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Cops decided that. Not me. Yeah, bad choice of words but it's what the law said. They say it's my fault and I have accepted that, legally.

@Hutch622, yeah that's about it. Insurance company prickism.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What reason did your insurance company give for refusing to pay out to a third party?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have accepted that, legally.

How exactly did they come to that conclusion .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

They say it's my fault and I have accepted that, legally.

Going to be an expensive lesson in don't admit to anything and don't sign anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't understand, if the OP had insurance, why have they refused to pay the other party unless the policy excess was $63,000.

I understand if they refuse to pay out on his own vehicle, but can US insurance firms refuse to pay third party? Why you guys paying insurance if this is the case?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Are you sure your not leaving something out?
63,000 for an accident sounds off, come on and spill the truth.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Shut up. Keep shutting up. Then shut up some more.

Deleted this thread and lawyer up.

Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer,

welcome to the REAL USA.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What kind of coverage did the car have during the wreck? What dollar amount?
Was the letter certified?

Check out the deck pages that tell you your coverages. They should have everything listed including exclusions. They mail them to you shortly after signing and paying your first payment.

Sounds like you had liability only, so it will cover their damages and medical up to the amount listed on your declaration of coverages.

The person probably sued and the amount went above your coverages.

I second that you should not sign or accept any certified letters, and avoid process servers. Get a lawyer on it.

If you can't find any reason for them to deny your claim, then contact the insurance commissioner, they will put the screws into State Farm. Iv'e had insurance jack me around, one email or phone call to the commish and they were compliant on the payout the same day. Someone slammed into my car and their insurance was dragging their feet.

Let them know the situation. Maybe your Mom should contact the commish since she was the policy holder of the car at the time. They are good at forcing them to give the service she paid for.

Maybe transfer assets (car or house) to a buddy, if it's real serious, before they get taken on a court judgement while you guys sort it out. Long before any court dates.

I'd start with her insurance company, go to an agent in person and find out...

What was the claim amount?
Did they insurance pay anything?
Why didn't they pay?

Get their responses, then go for help to:
Insurance Commissioner

if no help there, then Lawyer and asset protection.

Edit add: Also make sure the letter is legit and certified, and not some kinda scam. Dates sound suspicious.

If its not certified, it's probably not real. So confirm claim with local agent.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: addition

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Have you tried consulting a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Do listen to the Sausage King.

When Matthew Moriarty was joyriding in Ireland in a Mercedes, with romantic interest co-star Jennifer Grey, somehow the expensive sports car leapt into the oncoming lane, killing two native women.

Matthew's mom is a lawyer, and the advice he used in court was that 'he didn't remember anything'.
All he knew was that there was a blinding pain in his leg.

I am going by memory, but do note the choice of words.

'blinding pain'

Neither did Jennifer Grey remember anything. See how that works?

It's not hard to imagine the young sprat doing a scene reenactment from his hit movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", throwing his hands up in the air while tooling along in the car, except that he couldn't remember if the car was a convertible or not. I believe that the roads in the UK flow opposite than in the states, where Ferris cut his teeth becoming a star, a hero to some. Not a far stretch to imagine that the lad had reoriented his vehicle in the wrong lane, after a bit of hotdogging, is it?

But he forgot everything, and so did Jennifer Grey.

Can't you just say that you cannot remember anything, like Matt said after his vehicular double homicide day-off, and that you 'feel responsible', such as Ferris said after the vintage Lamborghini was trashed, after he boosted it from his pal's garage?

It worked in his hit movie, and it worked in real life. Got off scott-free. Welcome to the real world. They are everywhere now.

If I recall correctly, Matt's mother's maiden name is Blow. Patricia Blow. Give her a ring, why not?

# 457
edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: messy details

edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: It's my fault Cameron, I'll pay for everything

edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join