It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA’s 1971 Apollo 15 Video Clip Shows UFO Parked On Lunar Surface Observing Moon Landing, (?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I haven't been able to get at the original rm file but I didn't say it was fake, did I? I said that "conversation" is.

Video compression can create some interesting artifacts.

edit on 6/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh my apologies, you were referring to the so called story about the report. Yes I imagine that it is not an actual report verbatim. But it still lingers in the ether.

Unfortunately I am the type of person who responds to what he sees on screen without checking WHAT he should be responding to a lot of the time.
A terrible habit compounded a thousand fold on this website I am afraid.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I looked at the image and am now packing my bags for Alpha Centuari

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Did anyone ever see the episode of Kelsey Grammer's 'Frasier' featuring Buzz Aldrin? I know it's a fictional show but I couldn't help wondering if his story was true...

What was his story?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

I think that might be John Glenn.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: capital

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

No it was wide-eyes.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No lol, she said Buzz Al...oh wait!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Right, it was a delicious spoof making fun of over-eager UFO buffs, who in subsequent excited discussions on ATS and elsewhere evinced no clue they were celebrating a joke they were the butt of.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't get this part of the description: "The footage, reportedly filmed by U.S. astronaut Jim Irwin, as he descended to the lunar surface, is one of a series of high-speed, time-lapse videos of the Apollo 15 Moon landing in the NASA archives. "

It looks to me to be degraded video from the rover, not the landing. There's much better panoramic horizon 70-mm which shows the white saucer is a more distant mountain top, I recall.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Taste is a very strange thing is it not? Some love to revel in the ridicule of others and yet others can't abide the sour taste it leaves in the mouth, empathy I suppose.

Would you be kind enough to tell us what you think, or know, about the video Mr Oberg, you are by far the most qualified to establish any kind of truth here.
The internet is a wonderful thing, one can type one's thoughts and, as if by magic, they are responded to, before one finishes.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: blah

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

One clip shows the astronaut stumbling as he descends, due to the tilting of the lunar module on uneven lunar surface which left the footpad dangling above the ground and unstable under the astronaut’s foot.

I have no memory of this happening at all. all four legs are compressible and each made firm ground contact.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
I don't get this part of the description: "The footage, reportedly filmed by U.S. astronaut Jim Irwin, as he descended to the lunar surface, is one of a series of high-speed, time-lapse videos of the Apollo 15 Moon landing in the NASA archives. "

It looks to me to be degraded video from the rover, not the landing. There's much better panoramic horizon 70-mm which shows the white saucer is a more distant mountain top, I recall.

So it is safe to say that in your opinion this is real Nasa footage from the moon. Thank you sir. The rest is conjecture.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's real Apollo footage alright, it's the #ty live video feed they had.

Interesting item, does look very out of place but I can still see it possibly being a rock formation or a distant mountain.

I'm guessing if this is something we weren't supposed to see, it got missed when they got all bin happy with the old video tapes or air brush happy with the chemical stuff.

Nice thought, but the guy filming at the time definitely didn't notice it and if he was under orders to ignore it and pretend he didn't see it he did a pretty good job.

Very interesting find. I'd be curious to know if anyone can match that outcrop with any of the Apollo 15 stills and see what we are actually looking at.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Did anyone ever see the episode of Kelsey Grammer's 'Frasier' featuring Buzz Aldrin? I know it's a fictional show but I couldn't help wondering if his story was true...
You sure he was on that show? Which episode was it? He's got a credit on imdb's listing for 30rock, The Big Bang, and others, but not Frazier:

Buzz Aldrin

originally posted by: baddmove
I read somewhere that it is just Earth rise..

Like Sun rise but the earth as seen from the surface of the moon..
The moon doesn't rotate daily like the Earth, and it's tidally locked so the same side always faces the Earth. I'm not aware of any Apollo missions where the Earth would be that below the horizon. If it's not fake it looks like it could be the top of a distant hill, instead of the Earth. The story says it's not flying but "Parked", so that would make it an unidentified parked object, not an unidentified flying object. Can a distant hill top be a "parked object"?

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: canucks555

looks interesting , although it would be good to see the original source of the footage , something that hasn't been raped by youtube
Yes.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What is that on the ground at 3:13 ?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The footage from the OP video is from the live TV broadcast, and the supposed UFO is actually the summit of a distant hill lit by the sun, which I have outlined in red in this google moon screenshot:

You can also see it in many still images, eg

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

One clip shows the astronaut stumbling as he descends, due to the tilting of the lunar module on uneven lunar surface which left the footpad dangling above the ground and unstable under the astronaut’s foot.

I have no memory of this happening at all. all four legs are compressible and each made firm ground contact.

I was wondering about the legs being compressible. I assumed they were, but wasn't able to find a definitive answer in my admittedly brief search. Great having you here, Jim.

edit on 6/7/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

One of the things Armstrong reported back from Apollo 11 was that his landing was too gentle' and the LM legs did not compress as much, making the climb back up more difficult. Later missions deliberately landed with more force to make the legs shorter.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Another fact I was unaware of.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
looks like a hubcap from a 55 buick special

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join