It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really important here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wasn't too sure which forum to post this, felt that this was most appropriate concerning it's message overall, for this site and it's members.

In recent years, this community and others alike (though this specific one is most unique IMHO amongst them), have been tainted by its own members.

By tainted, I refer to the negative lashing back and forth over opinions one another has against the other's opinion/idea. The bashing, and overall dividing going on here.

We come here because something is not right on the world scene, the highest echelons, and the system is obviously rigged for a few over the many. We as indivdual participate in trying to understand this.

This is why we have a conspiracy website in the first place, we used to do fine research as curious citizens, collectively, over the web, and share our findings and converse such.

Now look what such sites have turned into, paralell to mainstream news outlets.. no true research, and alot of fighting and bickering, choosing sides, just like the mafia-like controllers want us too.

This OP is important, and a good step into deep waters, in understanding an elaborate control structure over citizens of divided nations.
That is the grand conspiracy, disgusting people controlling and abusing human species en mass, robbing our freedoms and rights, as well as dividing and conquering.

Truely, I miss the real and meaningful, even passionate conversations and research of what is really going on in the world, and who/what is behind it.

We as conspiracy theorists dropped the ball, and turned our collective efforts into an opinionating brawl.. Nothing ever gets exposed, and we get no closer to the truth of why we live and are born in a world of choke holds and deception, while energetically being used and abused to feed a system owned by people we would TRUELY despise.

When I go over some threads on ats, so much division and "I know I'm right, your wrong, no validation", constant bashing and opinionating.

What truth do we really know regarding 1%, who they are, who they take orders from, and how they got such power over 99%?

Where did the meaning, the passion, the care go? Why do we, people who understand things aren't right but can't exactly pin point it out, divide ourselves from one a other?

We are here for EACHOTHER. To aide one another, in exposing and researching what the heck is going wrong at the highest echelons of our world!

Not to be hypnotized by their talking heads, propaganda, deceit, lies, cover ups, false flags disinformation/agents etc. .. how can we say we are intelligent and claim interest in conspiracies, if we EAT the s**t they spoon FEED?

Hypocritical, ironic, and sad.

Here and now, for those who really care, for those who have a passion for knowing and truth, I want to call an end to the; opposition, division, bashing, ganging up to defend common belief, all the crap that is ugly and wrong that is heavily witnessed on these boards, made by us, the members.

If one has lost passion, meaning and care for; truth, conspiracy, their curiosities that something is up, conversing deeply with like minded peoples, then so be it your wasting time here everyday.
CNN is easier to type than abovetopsecret.com.

For the rest of us, we come here, sometimes more frequently then others, because we have always had a community of like minded people who share common thought and mental structure of conspiracy and life outside, in the real world.

We have helped eachother piece together gaps in our understanding of the bigger picture, things we wouldn't of found anywhere else. Others challenge our current understanding, belief, perception.. allowing us to expand on them and grow.

Let's get back to being an involving, online community, and stop being lazy and divided over petty matters.

There is a larger picture than your held belief and general opinions on various subjects. Together we piece that picture, to understand it's broader reality.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Well said....and agreed.

As I said in another thread, by it's very nature some topics up for discussion contain content that others simply find abhorrent because it goes against their core values and beliefs and therein lies the problem - when the subject matter being discussed is "controversial" it will invariably draw those who communicate from their heart, instead of their head.

There are many ways to express your dissatisfaction / displeasure / disagreement to a topic being discussed without getting a violation or banned - assertive and not aggressive - but this comes with experience and having good communication skills, which comes naturally to some and nigh impossible to others.

I do find though that some members are textbook baiters and simply weigh-in with such comments to draw fierce responses.

I ignore those particular individuals and try to focus on the "unknown factor" subject matter topics, because, as you have so eloquently articulated, in the end, we are all gathered here precisely because we share common ideas about the world, what's wrong with it, what's mysterious about it, and what solutions we have to make it a better place for our kids.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very much agree with yourself, and likewise, well said friend.

I've always appreciated your input on ats Sublime, even before I created this account. You bring value into a lot of discussions and topics.

Thanks for dropping by

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sure seems to me that we all love to chase our hats around the ring. I am sure at the highest levels success is measured and maintained with the most precious commodity, human life. I prefer to be numbered, counting is for the obtuse.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thinking in terms of conspiracies will never help your general level of understandin...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That was a great reminder of what our time here means.
6 years for me now, 7 if you count lurking.
I still learn quite a bit but not as often as I used to I will admit.
Less pontificating and divisive posts will be my resolution.

Everybody has an opinion but only mine is right, lol.

What you said about how we stay divided sounds like an interesting study on what topics here draw that out and where they originated from.

Well said! Cheers,
ATA
edit on 7-6-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

We bitch and moan to what avail? Like a prisoner rattlin' his tin cup on the bars of his cell. The efforts get you nothing...except drained and exhausted. (Our keepers probably chuckle and see it as our only "escape.") Research for what? Research that will prove something crucial to our being that somebody will take to some high office and say, "See, here is the proof!" A thousand such "proofs" won't make a dent in the way things are being done. Besides, we already know the truth. It is plain in front of our eyes and put into our ears every day. TPTB are content to allow us to fuss with one another over aspects of our world that make not the slightest bit of difference in the on-going changes and their intentions.

What is there to argue about when we know that the Trilateral Commission, the Council of Foreign Relations, Agenda 21, the EU, plans to unite the Americas, social engineering by mass immigration, unlimited surveillance, deconstruction of religions and family structure are hard-driven directives by the leading powers in the West?

Forget cutting down your most hated/feared "tree" in this forest of obstacles facing you and look at the complete forest for a change. Try an objective approach, try wonder what and how a superior race of beings would deal with us even as we exchange puny arguments over whether UFOs are ET ships or mere figments. Some of us should stop kidding themselves with feats of denial. Then the New World Order will appear in a different and more clear vision. (like it or not.)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
Thinking in terms of conspiracies will never help your general level of understandin...

Very thoughtful and constructive, thanks.

Read my previous threads maybe, understand how I think, and understand things.

Really don't even know what your referring too, pretty brief comment.
I would appreciate a response to the OP rather some random rhetoric though.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Thanks ATA, I've been lurkijg around ats since, I believe, 2004-2006. Somewhere in that time frame.

Over the time being here I've learned a lot, and have been introduced to some amazing topics, crazy topics, and generally interesting and thought provoking.

It's been great, but I don't get that experience much anymore. There is less an experience at ATS, more of skimming and dodging mainstream garbage or bickering with others over petty issues.

I'm at fault with the last one which is why I made this thread. Reflected on my own posting and conversing here, and do admit I've been counter productive.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I completely agree with this post.I have been a lurker here for the past year and this is my first response..When I first discovered this forum I found myself delighted at the abundance of so many beliefs parallel to that of my own.There were a few dissenting opinions,but overall I found the debates to be informed and genuine.lately though,it seems that all you see and read are condemning comments and insults.I admit that there has been little to no contribution on my part,but why would I subject myself to nothing but insults and condemnation at the hands of individuals who also have nothing to contribute.In short,you hit the metaphorical "nail on the head "and maybe by bringing more attention to this issue.This site can return to its informative and debatable forum.THANK YOU

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Star and flag I agree with every word.

Direct correlation between disinformation business booming and online sites descending to bickering chaos.

Exactly what they want.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

we do as members have a lot to offer each other but that only happens when peeps are happy to share their views and that often time does not happen because they are scared of getting shot down and ridiculed..

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well said. S+F

Beyond discussion, none of us are policy makers. Frankly, this is just entertainment for 99%. Yes, the majority do care about making the world a better place but, beyond words posted on social media sites to bring awareness: What else have they done?

When only words are placed on the table; only words can be digested.

We have helped each other piece together gaps in our understanding of the bigger picture, things we wouldn't of found anywhere else. Others challenge our current understanding, belief, perception.. allowing us to expand on them and grow.

True, but now what...? What comes after that "growth"...? Another OP to recycle information...?

How many here can truly say they act on the information presented to better the world?

Amnesty International is always looking for a few good souls willing to step away from their computers as Online Social Justice Crusaders and walk the talk.

If one has lost passion, meaning and care for; truth, conspiracy, their curiosities that something is up, conversing deeply with like minded peoples, then so be it your wasting time here everyday.

Most are only here to kill time. Don't kid yourself.

Get involved.

www.amnesty.ca...

new topics

top topics

join