It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not Carmen, I just grew up with that song (and now it's stuck in my head). I have some random pictures from around the country and thought it would be neat to post them and see if anyone can guess where it is. In some of the pictures I wore my ATS shirt for the heck of it, but in others I don't appear, just the scenery or my daughters. I'm trying to upload all of them so I can have a little fun tonight.

Picture 1:

Where in the world is this? And if you want, I'll gladly give hints.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I will take a wild guess and say Holy Hill Cathedral in Wisconsin, but it is just a guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks like a church in Omaha Nebraska. Judging from the plate on the blue auto , in the US.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

dang it, I should've started with something not as close to my "listed" home.

maybe this:

eta: yes, Holy Hill indeed
edit on 6-6-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Actually, the clue I used was the license plate holder on the car. It has the name of the dealership on it, and from that I figured out Wisconsin. I can't believe I was actually right, though. This next one is intriguing. I will have to think a little bit before I guess. Cute kids, by the way!
edit on 6/6/2015 by Pillywiggin because: corrected spelling.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

I didn't really think of the giant "russ darrow' on the car. I did look at the plate and thought "well there's nothing showing as far as graphics / state names". I suppose Google can do wonders with a word

The 2nd one is a little better as far as a guessing game goes, nothing to identify if you haven't stood in that exact spot. There's a few places in the US that can look like this!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have no idea on this one, and I'm presently too drunk to go googling for it, but you just reminded me of a game I used to play on another, to remain nameless, conspiracy site. You take turns posting pictures of local landmarks with one hint and trying to figure out where it is.

I'm tempted to make a thread like that, but again, I'm kind of incapacitated. I might also forget about this by morning, so...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's older than the previous photo. The hats the same, but that cute little girl is smaller. And you look thinner.
It's not the badlands. Is it near an dinosaur dig sight?

I'll take a clue for a dollar please.

And no. I have never stood in that exact spot.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Is it Drumheller?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It was before I started my love affair with bitburger, I suppose I may have a few pounds extra now. But the badlands is spot on, my daughters first 15 hour road trip! This is just outside of wall, SD. First loop of the Badlands, first "camera" stop.

a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I know I'm getting lazy now, I apologize for that. I've been having some size issues with my pictures while uploading, I'll try again tomorrow. One more though:

She ran for HOURS

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Holy cow! Badlands!
Crazy guess, I could have picked any south west desert....
I was right, I have never been there.

And don't fret the bitburger. When you get as chubby as me. We'll have an intervention.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

OK now she is to damn cute.

Edit: Lombardi Ave?
edit on 6-6-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had to google Drumheller to be perfectly honest, but I'm glad I did! It looks amazingly similar to the Badlands, I think I have to add it to the "to-do" list now.

a reply to: Autorico

top topics

join