It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Muslims Answer These Conundrums?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
a reply to: WarminIndy
I'm sorry, what?
Orientation of Churches
Something to do with the sun, apparently. Obviously a tradition of facing a certain way, hailing all the way back to the beginnings of Christianity.

So I take it from your silence that this thread actually has no point?

I went to sleep.

Not all churches are oriented that way, I can sure show you some.

You think Christians only pray in church? Nope, we pray standing up, sitting down, lying down, kneeling down, holding hands, hugging, alone, in our cars, in our homes, in our work place. We pray with our eyes open or with our eyes closed. We pray looking up, we pray looking down. We don't have qiblah.

The point is, not the same God and not the same commands and certainly not recorded correctly in the Quran.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Oh this thread lol.
I wonder what the truth motives of the OP is guesses anyone?.

Oh and charlie can Muslims vote on Pop Idol?.

I don't care if you vote on Pop Idol, X Factor (Insert Country Name Here) Got Talent, American Idol or any other show. That's your business.

But the point is, address the condundrums.

Condundrums are funny, but when a book claims to be clear, and to come from Allah and then claims to confirm scripture that came before it better get those things right about the text it claims.

And because a man decided to say that he spoke what Gabriel told him to speak that he said Gabriel handed him the book, can you be sure it was even Gabriel?

Even Gabriel acted different in the Quran than in the Bible.

If Allah is all-knowing then Allah should have known there was no qiblah for Christian prayer. After all, I am a Person of the Book and Mohammed was told that if he had any doubts as to whether he was a prophet to go ask the People of the Book. From my book that I am a person of, I say no.

But that's Pickthall's interpretation, Sahih has this to say

Surat Yūnus (Jonah)10:94 So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.

What scripture? The one that came before the Quran?

Surely Allah would have known if the Book was corrupt, but then he says to Mohammed that if Mohammed doubts to go ask the people of that same very book that you claim to be corrupted...another conundrum.

If every word of Allah is true, then the Book is not corrupt if Allah tells him to go seek advice from those very same people with that very same book. But if Allah is the Greatest Deceiver, then he deceived Mohammed by telling him to go ask the people of the Book about their scripture. And if Allah is the Greatest Deceiver then how many other times did Allah deceive or trick Mohammed?

You must not say then that we have the same god, because Allah either forgets or doesn't know.

You mean the Bible is uncorrupted that Mohammed was told to go ask the people who had the scripture before him? And get their advice? Did he go ask the Christians and the Jews to verify he was a prophet?

The Jews said no, the Christians said no....condundrum made Mohammed stuck. Mohammed's resolution? Kill the Christians and Jews that said no.

Those Christians and Jews said no, THIS Christian and many others along with the Jews also say NO.

Stay in doubt Mohammed, stay in doubt. Killing the Christians and Jews does not solve the condundrum.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Double-Post, sorry!
edit on 8-6-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You went to sleep a tenth of the way through your post and then your cat pressed "reply"? That's incredible! Anyhow, thank you for finally answering my question about the point of this thread:

originally posted by: WarminIndy
The point is, not the same God and not the same commands and certainly not recorded correctly in the Quran.

If that were the case, why all this frantic jumping about from topic to topic, tossing whatever comes to mind and hoping something sticks?
You could've just as simply said "I, as a Christian with a specific set of beliefs and ideas, have one of those beliefs be that the God of Islam is not the true God". And you'd be done with it, and nobody could argue with you.
Instead, you were all "Christianity has this, but Islam has that!" "The Bible has this, but Islam has that!" "The God of Abraham has this, but Islam has that!", and slowly, one by one, all your points were proven wrong.
edit on 8-6-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Christ, the very express image of the Father.

No he is not God has no sex. Jesus only referred to him as father because he had a human mother.

And the fact that the Qur'an does not mention the word patriarchs for religious Christians, neither does it use the word patriarchs for Abraham, Isaac and Jacob makes me even more suspicious.

Why would anyone use the word patriarch for Christians it means head of a tribe. But Islam does mention them as prophets of God.

And Abraham was in prison?

No it doesn't say he was in prison it's a hypothetical question. That is why he says if I were in prison not when I was in prison.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Did he go ask the Christians and the Jews to verify he was a prophet?

And who did all the other prophets of God go to to verify that they were prophets? Did you forget what the Jews did to Jesus?

The Jews said no, the Christians said no....condundrum made Mohammed stuck. Mohammed's resolution? Kill the Christians and Jews that said no.

You really need to go study some history instead of making stuff up from reading the anti Islam sites. They were attacking Mohammed because they didn't want a new religion to deal with.

Stay in doubt Mohammed, stay in doubt. Killing the Christians and Jews does not solve the condundrum.

Many Christians and Jews live in many Muslim nations and they are not being killed.

This is just another troll thread to express your ignorance when it comes to Islam and there is only one thing to do when it comes to troll threads.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

But the point is, address the condundrums.

Condundrums are funny, but when a book claims to be clear, and to come from Allah and then claims to confirm scripture that came before it better get those things right about the text it claims.

How can you ask these questions about Muslims and the Quran when you won't address similar questions about Christianity and the Bible? There are plenty of condundrums (sic) in the bible we can talk about. Why is it that you aren't allowing one religion to get away with being hypocritical, but give your own religion a pass?

I read every post in this thread. It was a pretty funny read. Keep digging that hole.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

And finally, with verse 62 of Surah Baqarah, you display a fundamental misunderstanding of Islam. The Sabians, the Jews, the (original, at least) Christians, worship the same God. The ancient Persians may well have worshiped the 1 God (according to Islam, every people were sent a messenger for their time and place, although some may have distorted the message later. Muhammad was sent as the last and final messenger for all mankind). There is only 1 God. God is God. Do you believe in multiple gods?

I believe that you do not truly understand the God of Yahusha (Jesus). The Begotten Son of God is not understood by most who deny Him. He cannot be separated from God such as created entities. To deny Him is to deny the Creator God. Both are one God and both are the same God. That is the key to true Christianity.

Translation of Surah Al-Muminoon, verse 91: Translation of Surah Al-Muminoon, verse 91: No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods), behold, each god would have championed what he had created, and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! (He is free) from the things they attribute to Him! nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods), behold, each god would have championed what he had created, and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! (He is free) from the things they attribute to Him!

Now it is very clear that in the above quote that you have written of Surah Al-Muminoon it is quoted that "No son did Allah begat." Not much can be taken in any other contextual language in saying that Islam denies that Jesus is the Begotten Son of God. It is as clear as the sunlight that Muhammad did not accept Yahusha (Jesus) above himself and that he, Muhammad, put himself as equal to the Begotten Son of God. Therefore you are totally wrong in your approach that Yahuah (God of Jesus) is the same as Allah. It is virtually impossible.

We could argue till the end of the world and not agree and that would not be civil by any means but the most important thing in Christianity is that we believe by faith only and not through testimony or witnessing to facts.

I have to say, WarminIndy, you have a habit of being confused by confusions you yourself created. In this case, a lot of it seems to be applying english rules of grammar on another language.

Warminlndy did not create the language used in translation or transliteration or even interpretation. She simply understood in her language what was presented to her by the scholars who translated the languages. We all do the same with all languages. Arabic is no more a specialty than that of Hebrew or Greek.

If we get bogged down in accepted translations then discussions are no longer needed. That is why we have so many bibles today but the central message is still clear and that is the theological fact that the Christ is Yahusha the Begotten Son of God. Yahusha is not regarded by true Christianity as a messenger nor is Moshe regarded as a messenger. There are not many paths to celestial afterlife as you postulate. The God of Yahusha (Jesus) is not the same god as Muhammad's allah.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede
To some Christians, perhaps you are right. Some christians disagree with you. Both have the scripture and theology to back up their position. Likewise, most Christians claim to worship the God of Abraham (and the OT), yet Jews strongly disagree with your interpretation of the deity.
The same thing could be extended to Muslim and Christian beliefs.

WarminIndy was pulling out English grammatical inconsistencies from a translated Arabic text and using that somehow as proof of "conundrums". I dunno what to say- I apologise that Arabic is not structured the same way as English? A simple solution is to look up multiple translations and understand the meaning behind the verse.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The way this is translated, it has Abraham living after Joseph. And Abraham was in prison? And Abraham was offered freedom, like Joseph was? He certainly didn't get this from Torah or the Bible, because he completely got Abraham and Joseph confused. He was reading some strange books, because not one single rabbi or Jewish scholar would have ever said Abraham came after Joseph.

You are totally correct Warminlndy. Have read and reread your posts and find the very same. Muhammad was illiterate and must take by faith that his companions were correct in what they wrote. Nevertheless they were as mistaken as Muhammad was.

Abram was born 1948 years after creation (1813 BCE) and died 2123 years after creation (1638 BCE)--
Yoseph was born 2199 after creation (1562 BCE) and died 2309 after creation (1452 BCE)
This would show that Yoseph (Joseph of Jacob) was born 76 years after Abram (Abraham) died.

This is plain that it is not a misunderstanding but a total error in their literature. The way Hadith 591 is translated it is clear to me that either this apostle of allah is wrong or that allah is wrong. We can't blame Muhammad because he was ignorant - er, anyway that is how we do it today.

According to Islamic tradition, over the millennia after Ishmael's death, his progeny and the local tribes who settled around the oasis of Zam-Zam gradually turned to polytheism and idolatry. Several idols were placed within the Kaaba representing deities of different aspects of nature and different tribes. Several heretical rituals were adopted in the Pilgrimage (Hajj) including doing naked circumambulation.[28]

In her book, Islam: A Short History, Karen Armstrong asserts that the Kaaba was at some point dedicated to Hubal, a Nabatean deity, and contained 360 idols that probably represented the days of the year. In Guillaume's translation of Ibn Ishaq, an early biographer of Muhammad, the Ka'aba itself was addressed using a feminine grammatical form.[29] Circumambulation was often performed naked by men and almost naked by women,[28] and linked to ancient fertility rites.[30] By Muhammad's day, the Kaaba was venerated as the shrine of Allah, the High God. Once a year, tribes from all around the Arabian peninsula, whether Christian or pagan, would converge on Mecca to perform the Hajj, marking the widespread conviction that Allah was the same deity worshiped by monotheists.[31]
Unquote
en.wikipedia.org...[/url]

I believe you have covered your thread with facts and enjoyed your teaching.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Then you make a thread about those Biblical conundrums. We will feel happy to speak on them.

But the first thing we will say is that all men in the Bible were not infallible, except Jesus Christ. We will say what Jesus said, and we will show the hundreds of prophecies concerning Jesus, that the Jews do believe the Messiah will fulfill, some even coming to know Jesus Christ.

There are Messianic Jews and there were in the first century as well.

But this thread is about addressing the fact that the Quran attaches itself to the Bible and gets many things wrong, as though Mohammed either didn't read or didn't understand, even to the point of getting the mother of Jesus in the wrong era.

What Mohammed did was nothing different than Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, William Branham, Ellen G. White and Swedenbourg. They claimed a direct knowledge of something contrary to the Bible, using the Bible to make those claims. And you see it every day on ATS, people who have claimed some type of direct revelation, through gnosis or mysticism, and yet Christianity requires that not one single word of Torah or Tanahk be changed, and it hasn't been.

But, the many different Christians have many different understandings and interpretations from the Bible, even though it says there is to be no private interpretation. So Christians who are truly desiring to be theologically sound will rightly divide the word through study of previous scriptures.

See, the Christians will argue about the Bible, trying to find the most proper way of understanding AND we refer back to Greek and Hebrew in order to understand the language. You don't find that Muslims are permitted to do so about the Quran, even though they have issues with their translators.

We also allow the criticisms of non-believers to question whether or not Jesus even lived and we provide many sources for our support. The difference in us and them, they don't allow questions from outside of Islam. And it is time they understood that in 2015, any religion that refuses to allow people to posit questions of doubt, then what kind of private interpretation did Mohammed have?

You, yourself, had doubts that led you to disbelief, but not one single Christian has told you that you have no right to doubt or to question. So question on, but Islam is not more special that it can't be questioned.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Then you make a thread about those Biblical conundrums. We will feel happy to speak on them.

I've made such threads.

But the first thing we will say is that all men in the Bible were not infallible, except Jesus Christ. We will say what Jesus said, and we will show the hundreds of prophecies concerning Jesus, that the Jews do believe the Messiah will fulfill, some even coming to know Jesus Christ.

Right. I understand how you rationalize away the hypocrisies in your own religion. I just find it funny that you can't allow people of other religions to do the same.

There are Messianic Jews and there were in the first century as well.

But this thread is about addressing the fact that the Quran attaches itself to the Bible and gets many things wrong, as though Mohammed either didn't read or didn't understand, even to the point of getting the mother of Jesus in the wrong era.

So. There are plenty of things the Bible gets wrong about the Old Testament.

What Mohammed did was nothing different than Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, William Branham, Ellen G. White and Swedenbourg. They claimed a direct knowledge of something contrary to the Bible, using the Bible to make those claims. And you see it every day on ATS, people who have claimed some type of direct revelation, through gnosis or mysticism, and yet Christianity requires that not one single word of Torah or Tanahk be changed, and it hasn't been.

One could EASILY make that same argument about Jesus and Judaism since the NT goes in a COMPLETELY different direction than the OT.

But, the many different Christians have many different understandings and interpretations from the Bible, even though it says there is to be no private interpretation. So Christians who are truly desiring to be theologically sound will rightly divide the word through study of previous scriptures.

Where does the Bible say there can't be private interpretation of scripture?

See, the Christians will argue about the Bible, trying to find the most proper way of understanding AND we refer back to Greek and Hebrew in order to understand the language. You don't find that Muslims are permitted to do so about the Quran, even though they have issues with their translators.

How do you know? For one, I'd say that Arabic is closer to the original languages the Bible was written in, so if what you said is true, there should be less translation errors than from Greek to English. For two, how many Muslim scholars have you talked to and asked them if they've ever studied scriptures in other languages?

We also allow the criticisms of non-believers to question whether or not Jesus even lived and we provide many sources for our support. The difference in us and them, they don't allow questions from outside of Islam. And it is time they understood that in 2015, any religion that refuses to allow people to posit questions of doubt, then what kind of private interpretation did Mohammed have?

I'm all for questioning Islamic dogma, but your complaints just show an ignorance of Islam and aren't really indicative of real hypocrisies, or at least none that don't also pertain to your own religion.

You, yourself, had doubts that led you to disbelief, but not one single Christian has told you that you have no right to doubt or to question. So question on, but Islam is not more special that it can't be questioned.

I never said that Islam can't be questioned. So don't put words in my mouth. I'm just saying you have a poor argument based on misunderstanding Islamic scripture, have been shown to have a poor argument, and yet you continue on like it is a valid one. In fact, if you had written an actual sound argument, I'd be right there next to you supporting you. I've told you before that I'm not a fan of organized religion, but I'm not going to support weak attempts to disprove the religion. I only support intellectually sound ones.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Which then makes Mohammed on shaky ground, because he came 600 years after the verse was written...

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The spirit of the Dajjal was already in the world in John's day, and Mohammed should have known this verse.

THIS is the verse where those early Christians denied that Mohammed was a prophet

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

THIS is what they were martyred for, by the Romans and Mohammed. Yes, those Christians that Mohammed killed, were martyrs for the cause of Christ, because they loved not their lives to death.

And the Book of Revelation addresses those martyrs

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Those Christians of The Trench, martyred for the cause of Christ.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So you are agreeing that there are hypocrites in Islam regarding their Quran?

See, you can call us Christians hypocrites, but tell the same thing to Muslims if you believe in equality. Have you started any thread against Islam or only Christianity? Equality, if you can't present the problems with the Quran, then you aren't equal in criticism.

Fair is fair.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So you are agreeing that there are hypocrites in Islam regarding their Quran?

I haven't read the Quran or am as well versed in it as I am the Bible, so the most I can say is that I don't disagree with you here. I do think it is highly likely, but I'm not going to sign off on that until I am better researched on the topic.

See, you can call us Christians hypocrites, but tell the same thing to Muslims if you believe in equality. Have you started any thread against Islam or only Christianity? Equality, if you can't present the problems with the Quran, then you aren't equal in criticism.

Fair is fair.

Not this argument again... I've told you countless times that I talk about things I know about. You don't expect a biologist to talk about chemistry.

Like I said, I am relatively sure that there are some problems with Islamic dogma and the Quran (it is after all subjective evidence like the Bible), I just don't know enough about it to talk about it. I like making sure I know what I'm talking about before I start talking about it.

Though, like I said in my last post, if you had put together a cogent argument, I'd be there agreeing with you. So don't pretend like I'm blackballing you or anything. I'm 100% ready to support you, as long as you make a well reasoned argument. YOUR argument is just you pointing out dumb English semantics word games and pointing out hypocrisies that also appear in Christianity.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You have to understand islam, like most religions, are cults, revised terms of scriptures from previous societies to suit the needs of the people who create it. Islam is a cult of Christianity like Christianity is a cult of Judaism, and so fourth. Because they are now mainstream they are not recognised as so.

You take a current relative truth (christianity), agree with 90% of what it says to remain plausible and acceptable then tinker with a few faith required mechanisms and boom....you have a new religion that explains what previous teachings could not, making it more relative to "more elightened humans" through scientific progression.

The fact you ignore the core purpose of you religion and demonise those that reciprocates all the fallacies expressed in your own scriptures, and resort to semantic bullying tactics for "chinese whisper texts", shows you are not worthy to comment on other religions.Remember YOUR religion was not intended for YOU. It was for Israel and Israel alone. You are not one of God's people. You read it daily yet choose to ignore it.

You are clearly intelligent based on the structure of your arguments, yet you are clearly not intelligent based on your assumptions and conclusions. There's YOUR CONNUNDRUM.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
You have to understand islam, like most religions, are cults, revised terms of scriptures from previous societies to suit the needs of the people who create it. Islam is a cult of Christianity like Christianity is a cult of Judaism, and so fourth. Because they are now mainstream they are not recognised as so.

You take a current relative truth (christianity), agree with 90% of what it says to remain plausible and acceptable then tinker with a few faith required mechanisms and boom....you have a new religion that explains what previous teachings could not, making it more relative to "more elightened humans" through scientific progression.

The fact you ignore the core purpose of you religion and demonise those that reciprocates all the fallacies expressed in your own scriptures, and resort to semantic bullying tactics for "chinese whisper texts", shows you are not worthy to comment on other religions.Remember YOUR religion was not intended for YOU. It was for Israel and Israel alone. You are not one of God's people. You read it daily yet choose to ignore it.

You are clearly intelligent based on the structure of your arguments, yet you are clearly not intelligent based on your assumptions and conclusions. There's YOUR CONNUNDRUM.

The problem is that Islam purports itself to be above Judaism and Christianity because it came later, as an offshoot of Judaism and Christianity.

See the problem now?

There is not one single verse in the Quran from the Avestas. That's also a problem because it concludes Ahura Mazda as the same as Allah also.

The most glaring problem is that the Quran posits itself as coming from the very text it then distorts tremendously, all the while it was supposed to be from the same God of the Torah.

As far as being not part of Israel, unfortunately because you don't understand Christianity, neither in the beginning nor later, you assert that the religion was for Israel only and yet through Christ we are made one in the branch, to the same God.

Had the disciples never went out to the Gentiles to preach to them, we would not be having this discussion. And we have not changed one word of Torah nor Tanahk. That is something you need to understand, any Christian and Jew can sit and read together the same words and understand what we are saying.

If I were to sit and discuss a Psalm with a Jewish person, we would be reading the same thing. So please understand this, you can say that it was for Israel, but the Jews have said that if any stranger comes among them and decides to live among them, they are welcome. You don't have to convert, but you are welcome as long as you keep mitzvots.

I could go through the Bible and point out that the patriarchs had non-Jewish wives, that Boaz married a Moabitess, that Moses married a Midianite, that Joseph married an Egyptian woman whose father was even a priest of On, not even a Jewish religion.

And here is that in Solomon's dedication of the temple...

1 Kings 8: 41 Moreover concerning a stranger, that is not of thy people Israel, but cometh out of a far country for thy name's sake; 42 (For they shall hear of thy great name, and of thy strong hand, and of thy stretched out arm, when he shall come and pray toward this house; 43 Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.

And why Solomon could not have been Muslim according to their definition of prayer...

1 Kings 8: 54 And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.

Solomon prayed with his hands lifted up to heaven. Therefore Solomon was not in the typical Muslim position. The Christians are made partakers of that same religion.

edit on 6/8/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The problem is that Islam purports itself to be above Judaism and Christianity because it came later, as an offshoot of Judaism and Christianity.

They all put themselves above each other...

The big three all say they are the right one and the others are wrong.
Even though they all are pretty much the same religion.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Never heard the term lord god of Israel, god refer to Israelites as my people, allowed to enslave those outside, burn the villages and neighbours. Oh wait I forgot, that part completely goes against your cherry picked text. So you have started your own branch of religion, warminindyism. Hope it goes well.

Just to ask have you offered your first born to god, or do you not believe that either. If you don't have a kid yet, are you planning to?

I would ask in future that you apply the same scrutiny to your own ideology. Take an OBJECTIVE view of the bible, highlight all the hatred for those outside Israel, the governing laws that in today's society would have you in life imprisonment.

I am fortunate enough not to be surrounded by religious fanatics. I was born a Christian and my mother supported me having my own views. For that I will be forever grateful and I have a gift, like all those who have not been indoctrinated, I can read texts from other civilizations without emotional desire to fulfil my own lack in understanding.
edit on 8-6-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

This is some of the finest goal post moving in ATS history. The entire original premise of your thread was destroyed multiple times by the middle of page 2 so instead of just admitting that you were quite mining segments of text you either didn't fully comprehend or simply didn't try to understand, you completely shift tactics along with the entire premise of your thread. And you can't say you didn't because the initial rant was on your lack of grasping the articulation so of a language group you aren't conversant in therefore attributing grammatical impositions that didn't actually exist in the original tongue.

But I digress... Let's be completely honest, you have a history of making threads that are sometimes subversively and often times outright, Islamophobic. This entire thread is premised on your absolute misunderstandings of the average Muslim and what it is they believe and your vague and veiled attempts to portray the majority in the light of an extreme minoritory of, well, extremists. It's the equivalent of calling out all Catholics based on the actions of the Duggars or Westboro Baptist Church because they are all technically all Christians.

For someone who considers themselves a devout Christian you harbor a lot of hate, ignorance and fear of something you clearly don't know as much about as you think you do. Such hypocrisy from someone who has been known to wail about how Christians are under attack and the Muslims are secretly imposing sharia law upon poor unsuspecting Americans despite being shown how wrong those fringe thoughts actually are as they have no base in reality saddens me.

You might be a Christian in name and purported faith but you are not at all one in actions or demonstration of that alleged faith. Just admit you're scared of Muslims and what you have been led to believe Islam represents and be done with it. Live your life in fear of the unknown if it makes you happy or content. But let's be honest, that level of fear has made you so paranoid that neither happiness nor contentment are in your future.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join