It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery worm-like sea creature causes panic in Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Mystery worm-like sea creature causes panic in Taiwan
focusnews.com...

The green creature could be a ribbon worm, which are mostly found burrowed in the sea.

Ribbon worms usually live in tropical and sub-tropical regions, and some venture onto land, to live in colder places.

The worms have a special proboscis, or feeding tube, which it ejects when hunting.

The ribbon worm uses the proboscis to cover its prey in a thick, poisonous mucus which paralyses its victim.

Youtube quote insert

Published on Jun 6, 2015
Horrifying footage shows a long, bright green worm-like creature with a pink tongue-like appendage wriggling its way along the ground This strange footage was shot in Taiwan recently, by uploader Wei Cheng Jian.

He encountered this strange creature while fishing in a port in Penghu, and shared the clip to his Facebook page soon afterwards. The strange green mass could be a ribbon worm, or Nemertea.

Ribbon worms are usually found burrowed away in the sea in tropical and sub-tropical regions, however some are known to venture onto land, living in cool, damp places. The worms have a special proboscis, or feeding tube, which it ejects when hunting.

The ribbon worm uses the proboscis to cover its prey in a thick, poisonous mucus which paralyses its victim. Most grow to about 20 centimetres (7.9 in) long, however one was once measured at 54 metres (177 ft) long.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it me or are weirder and weirder creatures being discovered on Earth here? I don't know about you guys but this worm freaks me out!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
someone posted a thread on this yesterday really creepy looking

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This worm reminds me of another worm which was "alien like ribbon worm" as posted in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Youtube clips:

edit on 6-6-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i have serisley just thrown me tea in the bin why did i look at that when i was eating,

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These worms scare me.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

So cool!
Are these vids for real?

Because if they are, how amazing is, that it detaches the feeding tube, and it keeps doing stuff!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Morgellons disease was the very first thing that came to mind when I watched this video......It reminds me of the little hairs they find growing out of the skin. I know it is a big.....BIG stretch but what the heck this is ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Most grow to about 20 centimetres (7.9 in) long, however one was once measured at 54 metres (177 ft) long.

54 metres???

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

So cool!
Are these vids for real?

Because if they are, how amazing is, that it detaches the feeding tube, and it keeps doing stuff!

Apparently they ARE REAL...

what I am more afraid of is the future of animals, insects and humans affected by radiation from fukushima disaster!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday

Most grow to about 20 centimetres (7.9 in) long, however one was once measured at 54 metres (177 ft) long.

54 metres???

I guess that includes all extensions that came out of it...hey, you never know with these things!

Fact:
www.guinnessworldrecords.com...

The longest species of worm of any kind is the bootlace worm (Lineus longissimus), a species of nemertean or ribbon worm, inhabiting shallow waters of the North Sea. In 1864, following a severe storm at St Andrews in Fife, UK, a record-breaking specimen was washed ashore, and was found to measure over 55 m (180 ft) long.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This got me thinking about that 'Asteroid' which came down in that Russian Town couple years ago...

There are some weird creatures showing up lately.

The creature above did look a bit like a 'Green Snake'.. but obviously a bit more slimey looking.

new topics

top topics

join