It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man sums up society

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have learned through my own life experience never to stereotype the homeless. I can talk to pretty much anybody. It's cool that the guy who made the video just let the guy speak without judgement. The majority of people would never do that because of fear. Whenever I go to Vancouver, there is always this one street corner at a red light where a panhandler always asks for money. I consider it paying the gatekeeper and always give them some money - unless the light is just green and all the cars are streaming through.

Good video. Too bad America is still so strict on petty crimes. I guess the privatized prison system has become quite profitable, as has the "War on Drugs". Not sure how to reverse that...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

HE GAVE UP ON SOCIETY..

Kind of goes both ways though...society has also given up on him......

And todays society is happy for people to starve in their country because according to some people everyone has equal opportunity and those that fall between the cracks deserve it...i am not so sure the moral high ground should be taken here regarding society because we are breeding sociopaths and money is turning people against each other...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
People here are saying they have been in the same situation, but I doubt it the exact same. There is always different variants whether it be relationships, commitments, health, addiction, stress - Dealing with it the way you did may have not been a possibility, so I find it a little bit selfish to judge on how you dealt with a similar experience.

The main reason I shared it is because of the message about relationships, that part made me emotional and made me think allot, and I hope it did you too.

With the current system we only have each other, because the system isn't designed to help us. We have to help each other to help our selves as a society. I hope he does right with the funds he's been given and makes some changes for the better, which is like he was saying he wants to.

We need to take a step back sometimes, look at our attitude and understand that society is reflection of our behavior and attitudes towards each other.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I've met people like this man.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: asmall89
Our society does in deed create the evils that plague it. So lets look at the probable picture. We have alphabet agencies that are rumored along with past and present presidents, parlimentarians and policemen to not only take drugs but also deal in them yet the witnesses to these crimes seem to disappear or are found dead with the nothing to see here attitude despite in some cases significant evidence supporting that some of these interviduals may be guilty. Yes the very same people that are suppose to be protecting society from drugs maybe the same people that are selling them.

If this guy got eighteen years how long in hell do the powers that do this sort of thing deserve if they are guilty for their much more significant crimes How can a crime that effects know one else but the user be punished so severly at great expense to the community. Prisons wheather they be public or private are still paid for out of tax payers money. Yes that much less money for hospitals ,roads and schools to stop a person only harming themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

His rant is a valid one, but he did contribute to ruining people lives by selling drugs, so maybe this is a bit of Karma.

I just wish all the corrupt politicians, police, and bankers would get this type of Karma too.

Life is beautiful, but we have to make it so instead of whining about it constantly and living in the past.

Just doing time in prison is not reparations according to the universe, he has to make good on all the lives he helped destroy by selling drugs, and so far it doesn't look like he has done this. Maybe if he did volunteer work and started helping others he would find the goodness again.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Money doesn't buy intelligence but it sure as hell buys a lot of stupid.

You see these celebrities cum pseudo philanthropists adopting African children but forget the street urchins that roam the streets of the burbs every night that could use a nice warm bed.

Would Madonna adopt a homeless war vet? Hell no. Children are adorable and won't ruin her vagina or her figure. Philanthropy isn't selective, you help who you can and not cherry pick.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

My brother has a felony and he earns 6 figures a year. You have to be able to retool, and go into professions that don't care about your background.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

He just reminds me I of how strong I am...

Hey taking it in the rear from your corporate overlords is a form of strength I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Criminal sympathizers?

Criminals makes me think of people who commit murder, assault, robbery, fraud, kidnapping and rape... scum like that... not someone taking some arbitrary arrangement of molecules... or even selling said arrangements.

Also odd that the chemical enthusiasts don't normally force others to conform to their views... unlike the non (largely arbitrarily illegal) chemical takers who will institutionalize the destruction of someone's very life and liberty for not agreeing with them.
edit on 6/7/2015 by Baddogma because: qualifier

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hard getting your points across with everyone wearing rose tinted glasses. Too many criminal sympathizers around here... Not taking away from anything the guy has said cause he makes some good points but you can't blind yourself from a situation he put himself in

So, you support prohibition? Man I swear I hate humanity at times. We should outlaw meddling in others lives, so your kind can see how it feels to be punished for doing what you like.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Another sad sack doper story.
Imagine if he didn't do dope at all, what a fine life he would be leading.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Every one is a criminal, the only difference is that some criminals are dumber than others. It's criminal to hijack the laws, and skew the system in favour of you and yours. It's criminal to control mass media so no investigative journalism gets done. Its criminal to have a prison as an industrial complex, as so on. It's also criminal to manipulate a swathe of the population so they have to pay cartel prices for certain things . In the so called developed world, its got so bad , that actual land ownership , the basis for all real wealth, is now denied from a vast swathe of the population, so now they have to rent. As the property prices, have inflated beyond most peoples means to acquire. Its just a different kind of slavery. Added into the mix is the price of education to get out of the trap, its only available to the few who can afford, to educate their children. This is the unmerciful way that humans have always operated, those with the recourses continue to amass the bulk of all the available recourses. This has always been done to the point of incompetence. At that point it all gets blown apart and a new cycle begins. It cant be far off.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Never met anybody with a serious drug problem that didn't also have serious underlying issues and am yet to meet a person that hasn't broken a single law in their life.

I don't know what this guy went through that put him in the situation that led to his incarceration so can't judge him. He's done his time and repaid whatever debt to society this insane legal system deemed worthy.

People make bad decisions, we all do at times. Would be cool if we could always forsee the outcome.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

There are millions of Americans that have been swept under the rug under the same circumstances. If a man cant get work because he broke the law because the system makes it so then he has no choice but break the law to survive. This only creates more crime , because that IS what THEY want ! Prison is big business , free labor = slavery at the tax payers expense. 30k to house a single inmate per year. Where do you think that funding goes it lines these fat sob's pockets lobbying and making the rules. It is a trap ! A lot of convicts have no choice but to go back and who can blame them. 3 hots and a cot , free shelter. However so many families suffer while a family member rots in purgatory. And for what ?

Because the war on drugs is the war on me and you !

More people in US prisons than the entire worlds prison population.

Trillions spent on a plane that dont work , bail outs for the filthy rich while people eat garbage and sleep in the streets. And many hunted and killed by law enforcement in cold blood while fascists pass city ordnances banning feeding them. In mercuh dogs have more rights than the homeless.

It is sick ! It is unacceptable. But never mind because the game is on after american idol.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Another sad sack doper story.
Imagine if he didn't do dope at all, what a fine life he would be leading.

Not sure if trolling or sociopath

If i give you a quarter will you go back under the bridge ?

Here is some perspective for you

People smoke cigaretes knowng it will kill them just like people choose to do drugs knowing it is going to kill them slowly. Should we have no empathy when someone develops lung cancer ?

Imagine if that guy never did dope chances are he would probably struggle just to get by like most if us anyway

edit on 7-6-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I see this from both sides.......Drug laws I believe are unconstitutional and anyone convicted of a non violent drug charge should be absolved. According to the constitution you have the right to do whatever you want as long as it does not infringe on anothers right. So if you want to ingest bad things that should be your choice not the governments.

That being said this man made a choice knowing the consequences of his actions. Going by the time he served this was not a little amount or it was not his first time being caught. As a side note he mentions a lady saying please stay away from me and how that is wrong..........I understand why that woman would say that.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

hopefully someone seen this and gave him a job.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It kills me - guys like GWB and Clinton have used hard drugs. Plenty of celebs have as well. They were "in possession". This contractor gets nailed and that's that. Now, remember that he does have building skills and could definitely get a job, felon or not. If contractors didn't hire felons, nothing would get done. But, he chose not to do that. Whatever floats his boat.

One more thing - this is not the typical homeless person. Most homeless people don't have marketable skills and are currently addicted to a drug that makes holding down any sort of a job impossible, let alone having a lucid conversation. There's a reason people don't post conversations with *random* homeless people. If you cherry pick, you'll eventually find a regular guy down on his luck.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
homeless and its just getting worse for us

they are now making homelessness a crime

soon you wont have to do anything but live on the streets to be put in jail

and since you will never be able to pay off any fines the courts levy its just a short trip to the prison system

and its coming soon

sooner than you think or i would like

hopefully revolution comes sooner

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join