It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Homeless man sums up society

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:57 PM
a reply to: Sublimecraft

a reply to: wastedown

when i was 22 i was busted for possession, 2 oz's. it wasn't packaged for sell so i didn't get charged for intent to distribute.
got 1 year jail, 2 years on parole, one year into that i got my first DUI.

had problems getting a job, i didn't give up and say _____ it. i took what i could find, lived under a bridge for about six months, saved up enough money to find a rat hole trailer to rent, kept on working and then landed a a good decent job and worked there for 15 years before i bought the business. ran that business for 10 years with no problems until the economy tanked in 2008 then in 2009 had to close it down. also during that time i got a 2nd DUI.

i couldn't find a real steady above board job for about two years, all because of the possession conviction i got 30 years before. i missed out on four jobs starting out at $18 a hr. the DUI's didn't even come into play. i didn't give up, i didn't blame the rest of the world for my problems, i broke the law and i knew i was breaking it, didn't care that i was breaking it but i didn't cry about it and give up and say ____it. i admitted my fault kept on looking and taking what little piddly under the table jobs i could find.

now for the past 3 years i've been working in a well paying job for area, which started at 15 a hr and now i make $19.25 doing the same work and don't have the head ache of being the business owner.

if you choose willing to break a law that society has put in place, whether voted for by the people on a ballot or passed and supported by the majority, which most whether you believe it or not,do support. you have no one to blame but yourself for the hardships in life that come your way. society owes you nothing.

as far as all the other bs you've two have spewed. dollars to dough nuts when he had his company, he pissed on the homeless and junkies living in the street. now that the shoe is on the other foot he cries about it.
edit on 6-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:43 PM
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I genuinely respect that and you have every right to judge that person using your own story as a reference point.

I think that some people are better at making their own luck than others - clearly, you've been through hell to get to this point in your life where you are today and again, I applaud you for the ship-fight you've had to endure to get there.

I do feel that if anyone needs to cut this bloke some slack because of the situation he finds himself in, it's you.

No hard feelings OK Hound dog, I appreciate you clarifying your stance towards this bloke and for that you have my respect.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM

edit on 6-6-2015 by JdSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM

what part of my post exactly was bs? I lived it, I also went on to do something for myself too. I wrote that to prove that you can get a lot of time on a simple drug charge. 2-99 years because i went in a bar with a guy and left with him. Touche... you are right, that is some bs!

I don't come here to argue with people over a "feel good piece". Did you notice the part of the video where the guy said yeah he could make money working hard contracting(an industry full of felons mostly due to it's under the table type operation), but had chosen to not take part in "regular society" and to do what he loved, travel and make music. Dosen't sound like he rolled over to me. In fact I respect his bravery, and his insight along with his point of view at this point much more than lookin' up at you on your high horse. I hope stabbing at people on the internet helps you feel good about you, if that is what it takes I'll happily play cannon fodder, if it really helps you out. I am to laid back these days to really care...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:12 PM
a reply to: n00bUK

Drug laws and the entire war on drugs is unconstitutional. TPTB have lied and used fear to enact a terrible cost.

Many progressives are in favor of getting rid of drug laws........Look deeper guys the reason drugs laws exist is your mindset......If you have individual rights like the founding fathers wanted drug laws can not exist. This is why the push the rights of the masses.
edit on 6-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM

Hes not the first and the last to have this story theres a lot of us out there saying the same thing but no one listens.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
I won't pretend to understand what homelessness is like but I totally get not wanting to engage in society. The older I get the more transparent and unfulfilling it seems. Everything from our definitions of success to our ideals of happiness have been dictated by others. While I don't envy his situation I do envy his freedom.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
I think those who says "He broke the LAW, he decided this" have never been through some serious hardships in life, especially when you are alone and there's no one by your side. There's something you need to understand You will do anything to survive in this condition, and if there's an more accessible way out of this misery, like drug traffic i cant blame him for taking this road. Since the system itself tends to take you that way. If not for need, it's for the greed to have what you could never have had, illusion fed by our consumerism society.
edit on 6-6-2015 by scringerworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
I do get the point, but the guy broke drug laws willingly knowing what the punishment was for what he was doing.

It's well publicized that people convicted of drug offenses usually get long sentences in the USA.

I get where he's coming from, but he really has no one else but himself to blame for his predicament.

Bottom line is this - if you don't want go to jail, don't break the law. Claiming that we're "all just one step away from what happened to this guy" is ridiculous. Most of us follow the straight and narrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:55 PM
a reply to: babybunnies

Before you judge others you should learn to walk in their shoes first....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:29 AM

What a strange and unempathetic post. The man didn't give up, he said # it. There's a huge difference. If he gave up he would likely have been on the other end of a noose or eaten a bullet. As is, he lives his life, knows his lot, is saddened by it, and is seemingly still trying to help the world one person at a time. He's likely a better person than your judgmental self. What, are we supposed to pity your story, yet not empathize with his, just because you made it out if the trap? Bravo judge.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:30 AM
I am not one to feel sorry for those that use the label victim, when it comes to breaking the law...

Yet I am not someone who judges, I just do not understand why he gave up...

Interviewing a homeless person is going to do nothing but provide a negative opinion on society, he has lost....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:38 AM
Why do people keep saying he gave up? People who off themselves gave up. This guy obviously feels like he lost his voice and music is his only way to be heard. You could literally see the appreciation for the conversation and the undeniable intelligence behind his eyes. Honestly, I bet that guy uses better grammar and has better logical deduction than a majority of this board, which does make it sad he's failed to find gainful employment, but it doesn't mean he's just 'given up'. Jeez.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:45 AM
a reply to: [post=19425673]IsntLifeFunny[

why do we say he gave, up... Perhaps he could have came up with a better way to build a house,
or perhaps his ideals could have made a process better...

When we say he gave up on society, means he gave up....

edit on b452015-06-07T00:45:58-05:00America/Chicago63076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:49 AM
I have been a correctional officer for many years and can attest to the unequal sentencing of drug offenders.It often depends on the state,the drug,the circumstances,and even the arresting officer.Yes most prisons are state run and do not profit hugely from inmates,BUT,the arresting municipalities are another matter.As a officer who has delt with inmates directly I do sympathize with his plight,for I have seen the same thing over and over.
edit on 7-6-2015 by bear0915 because: misspelled word

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:53 AM
a reply to: Bicent76 He decided it was more trouble to move city to city trying to find a job than it was to accept his life as is. I don't respect the decision, but I don't judge it either. It was his to make. Acting like he gave up on life is bull#. Giving up on people is different.
edit on 7-6-2015 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Let me make myself clear, and exit this discussion, Because I feel I do not have to amend my opinion this much towards the majority who are intelligent in the site.. I am not going to try and make sense tothe special MINORITY in this conversation...

He said that in the interview...

My opinions are in response to his so called cause and effect for his present situation..

Personally I don't give a damn...

He just reminds me I of how strong I am...

edit on b592015-06-07T00:59:30-05:00America/Chicago63076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM

Well I have a felony and have graduated from school with a 4.0 and have a job, so this is bull#. having a criminal record makes it harder, sure, but you don't end up on the streets penniless simply because of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:58 AM
Our society creates the evils that plague it. I don't blame this guy for giving up on "fitting in". If I could live in any society that ever existed on earth I think it would have been with one of the Native North American tribes. They seemed to believe everyone had a use to society and that nobody should be left behind to be eaten by the vultures.
edit on 7-6-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>