It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man sums up society

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is a personal story from a homeless man who made a minor mistake, a mistake that anybody could make and was sent away to prison for a long time. When he eventually got out, he wasn't able to get a job or rent an apartment because he had a criminal record.

Yeah we may have all heard the story before. But what makes it more hard hitting is that it could be about some one close to us, who has a stable life, a good family and a decent income. Unless the stupid laws against drugs are changed in our countries, it will continue to damage society across the board.

I have always done my best to help the homeless. There is a few regulars who I give food and clothes to and I donate to charities with old clothes and any kind of spare money I have. I know it doesn't help on the grand scheme of things but it helps me think I'm doing as much as I possibly can. But like I said, unless the stupid laws against drugs are changed, this cycle will continue.

edit on 6-6-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

What can I say, I really respect him, he comes across as quite intelligent and articulates very well the injustices of society's priorities towards ex-felons - is it really such that kiddy-fiddlers get a break and drug possession people get f###-all??

That's backwardsassville at it's finest in my opinion.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
He's a Thinker!
Thinkers are not allowed, so it wont be long before they lock him up again.

He said "Relationships are beautiful"
He then tells how people only want to text each other.
Thats actually very deep!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
well regardless of of your views on drug laws, he did break them knowingly.
my favorite quote to this is.

i recently had the same problem after i had to close my shop down, but the difference is i didn't say _____ it and give up.
theres work out there and you can make it just don't expect to have something given to you.

another thing, to get 18 yrs for a drug charge,had to be more than just some piddly little amount or something else involved that he isn't talking about, whether he was selling it or not.
edit on 6-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
well regardless of of your views on drug laws, he did break them knowingly.
my favorite quote to this is.

i recently had the same problem after i had to close my shop down, but the difference is i didn't say _____ it and give up.
theres work out there and you can make it just don't expect to have something given to you.

another thing, to get 18 yrs for a drug charge,had to be more than just some piddly little amount or something else involved that he isn't talking about, whether he was selling it or not.

Wow - way to focus in on #### all. "did drugs therefore criminal" Also, prisons in the US are big business therefore 18 years for ### all sounds about right based on current stats (Louisiana). Also, care to comment on the rest of his story or do you just wanna focus in on that bit that makes you feel all awesome and stuff?
Also, care to comment on his plight on society, also, care to comment on his thoughts on facebook assholes? also, care to comment on the fact that he can't get a job, even though he's tried, because scum laws have placed a hex on him but given a free pass to paedophiles.
Also, care to impart your wisdom on how to be so impervious to bad luck and remain holier-than-though?

Or do you want to just focus in on 18 years for drug possession therefore he's hiding something therefore [sticks fingers in ears la la la la la la la la]

Poor form hound dog - poor form.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I can attest there ain't no viewpoint like the one looking in at society from the outside.

When I refer to the Matrix or Platos cave, thats the viewpoint I'm talking from.

Stuck in the rat race is familiar and safe, its also mind numbingly narrow minded.

He is embittered somewhat about his lot, still struggling with the notion of being accepted, approved of by society and its busy, blind ambition.

Lots of people would give anything to have two weeks of what he's got…

Freedom.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm guessing he was charged with a second degree felony..

Second Degree Felonies: Fine not to exceed $10,000 and confinement in Texas Department of Corrections for no less than 2 years and no more than 20 years:

Possession of a controlled substance over 4 grams but less than 200 grams

Not that it really matters this way or that, just thought I'd look it up

roselawtx.wordpress.com...

ETA: That's for penalty groups 1 and 2, for heroin, coc aine etc.

If it was marijuana then it's between 50 lbs. to 2,000 lbs.

Which is a lot..

edit on 6/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
there but for the grace of god goes anyone.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is truly sad and not uncommon across the world.

I would work with that guy any day of the week. He is intelligent, articulate, creative and motivated and you know how I know that? It's in his eyes!

As for hound dogs comments......pffffttt!

Scaley

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Dude sounds like he has a perfect understanding regrading reality!

I wish him luck in life.

Not that i imagine the fellow in question will ever venture down Hackney way but i hazard caution should he choose to immigrate to this fair neck of the woods.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So its not just America that treats it homeless population with such contempt by any manner or means.

edit on 6-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The guy who filmed him set up a gofundme page

www.gofundme.com...

It's already hit the $5000 target

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Hope it helps him and his wife improve there quality of life. Shame to see someone who seems to understand the current predicament we experience, experience such woes himself. Life hurts eh?
edit on 6-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hard getting your points across with everyone wearing rose tinted glasses. Too many criminal sympathizers around here... Not taking away from anything the guy has said cause he makes some good points but you can't blind yourself from a situation he put himself in

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

In Missouri it doesn't take much in the way of drugs to get you locked up for years and years. They like to pass these 'get tough on crime' laws not looking at what the fall out will be.Then its too bad so sad when it happens to someone. I have no issue with someone being punished for laws broken that hurt others or damage property,But some of these laws are just out there. What I have always had a problem with,is how in our society that once you are a criminal,you are ALWAYS a criminal. There never comes a day when it gets dropped and you can pick up your life again. Where I live now,you have to pass a background check,and most places do require it now. So if there is no place for you to live when you get out of prison,then where are you to go? There should be some place for them to live. The reason for our horribly increasing prison popualtion has nothing to do with laws or anything else,it has to do with prisons being for profit now anyway. This is destroying people's lives,and no one cares.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Saw this a few days ago, starting to think I'm not the only one around here that watches disclose tv... [/light sarcasm]

Seriously though, he seems like a great guy, wouldn't mind having a chat with him myself. Totally spot on on all points, the system is designed to knock you down and keep you there...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Sad when people think being optimistic and compassionate are bad things. Call it 'rose-colored glasses' I'd rather wear those than crap-tinted ones. Always assuming the worst of others, never willing to forgive.

Truly, truly sad.

So easy to say his choices got him there, that he deserves what he gets. That is most definitely the easy road.
edit on 6-6-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let's get something straight right now. The majority of prisons in the United States are government run - no private enterprise, so they are not for-profit. Prisons are big financial black holes. Very few prisons are run by private enterprise.

Stop buying the propaganda. Do your research.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Are those today's standards or 20 years ago?

18 years for drugs 20 some years ago is not uncommon for personal usage.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Links are great when you are tying to set something straight.

Burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join