It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has gone a bit odd...(IE, FF and Opera)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Things are looking a wee bit strange this morning on ATS....

Internet explorer:

Firefox:

Opera:

Chrome seems to be working ok, I would have tried Safari, but I don't want to infect my PC with rotten apples!

I've done the usual clean up to make sure it isn't on my end....

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I posted this in Firefox, which seems to have corrected itself now (DOH!), IE and Opera still a bit funny though.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That issue is typically related to a mix-up in your browser's cache.

Our icons are a font glyph, and some browsers become really irritated if the TTF font file isn't in the same subdomain (WWW) as the website. It looks like you once "hit" ATS via the "naked domain," abovetopsecret.com with no WWW… and your browser cached the no-WWW versions of the font file, which now are a problem on WWW.

Just clear your cache and force-reload the page.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Lol. I've never gotten that before. I've gotten seemingly random Asian characters once or twice though.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Already tried that SO, IE and Opera still missing the icons, Firefox corrected itself.

It's no biggy to me now Firefox is OK again, just thought I would mention it in case it wasn't me alone with the issue.

If it is just me with the problem, I don't use IE or Opera for anything other than in private browsing and Opera Turbo (lets me view sites blocked in the UK)

Cheers for the quick response.

ETA: Just noticed the WWW was missing in IE, put it in and voila, icons returned...... over 20 years in IT and I learn something new everyday, heh.
edit on 6/6/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

The Firefox image looks normal for before I enable java on the page. That would be my best guess for all 3, they just have different replacement icons. Check to see if your java is up to date and enabled.

new topics

top topics

join