It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-thirds of the Humvees the US supplied to Iraq to fight have ended up in the hands of ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Seems like not even an hour goes by and there is something new about ISIS. Well here it is, seems like ISIS has inherited our old Humvees that we supplied to Iraq.

According to Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, ISIS controls about 2,300 armored US Humvees. Most of those vehicles were seized after ISIS overran Mosul in June 2014.
According to The Soufan Group, ISIS used more than 30 car bombs in its Ramadi offensive. Many of these involved armored US Humvees, and some of the bombs were large enough to level an entire city block.

Thats ok, we'll make more, the Taxpayers won't mind.
Why are we allowing them to grow, or why are we helping them to grow? WTF
story

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Found this piece earlier .

Intercepting a military convoy in Manipur, a group of nearly 50 militants attacked the Indian Army. Killing at least 20 soldiers, sources say the attackers used rocket launchers made in the United States.
Last month, the self-proclaimed Islamic State terrorist group seized of control Ramadi, Iraq. Once overtaking the city, they gained control of a vast stockpile of weapons left behind by the United States military. According to Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren, “a half dozen US tanks were abandoned, a similar number of artillery pieces, a large number of armored personnel carriers, and about 100 wheeled vehicles – like Humvees,” are all now in the hands of Islamic State fighters.

It should serve as a lesson about the dangers of shipping large arms supplies into conflict zones. No matter the intentions, weapons can change hands quickly. Nevertheless, new shipments are currently en route to the Iraqi Army.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think I'm beginning to believe in karma./sarcasm off
We have air power over there. Could we not at least muck up their transportation?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yup and the other third was purchased for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I think I'm beginning to believe in karma./sarcasm off
We have air power over there. Could we not at least muck up their transportation?

No, there are innocent spiders walking about. We use air power if they break form and go in the wrong direction. Not unlike cattle ranching.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I bet the gov is all like "Nah its cool yo we will just buy more"

Obviously terrorism isn't going away any time soon.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Iraq military has been beat up so darn much in the last 20 years I don't blame them... Give up the equipment and live to see your family. They are fighting for a government that we all and they all think is temporary. To control a country in the ME you have to be a dictator.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Bush family was heavily invested in Hitler's Germany
The Bankers on both sides financed WW2.
"Our" American "Intelligence" funded the Taliban which later became Al Queda
We armed Saddam Hussein and later cried foul when he did not follow his masters wishes.

These are all games of the elite hungry for power, wealth and control that exist not only in oval offices but in boardrooms at Multinational Corporations across America.

This collusion and corruption taking place is not new though but appears to be ramped up and only getting worse., esp with the passage of the TPP and "Citizens United"
When pressed for an explanation for Citizens United from such supporters, they say it is a way for Corporations to combat the money in politics.

From who?

The majority of American's living paycheck to paycheck or even the ones that have some spending money are surely not going to give it to some dirt bag politician?

No, the war is between Corporations and Banks themselves on who is going to take a paycut in this globalist utopia of 6 billion people when supply and demand kicks in and we are all working for 10 cents an hour like Jolish in Indonesia.

Big Pharma and Insurance won on the top. Hoorah.
Followed by War Contractors that give your tax paying money back to individual politicians to keep the gravy train flowing

edit on 5-6-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This was already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
l would pretend to be surprised... but, I am not...

It is sad when the waste of the politicians become weapons that kill our G.I.s...

Typical...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Sadly I think you're right

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wouldn't worry to much if it stayed that means it wasn't worth shipping back. Tanks were left as well problem is they were broke. They gifted them to the Iraqis figuring they could use say 3 tanks to repair one. Dame With Hum Vs THEY were stripped of armor guns etc. What they have is chassis and parts to repair them. If a Humm v wad nit worn out or needed repair it returned to the US

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The larger ISIS gets and the more territory it controls the more they will turn on themselves and fight for power.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It would help if the Iraqi military weren't such cowards.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

There is no mystery whatsoever

US took Syrian rebels and gave them money and weapons, next thing you know, we got ISIS.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Those HV's ought to have been be fitted with some sort of sophisticated trackers.

If the abandoned vehicles can't be recovered or destroyed, at least they can be made useful for tracking the movement habits of any scavenging enemy.

new topics

top topics

join