It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gun Laws: What Whould Jesse Ventura Do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Recently, gun control has been a hot topic in a few states with some recent legislation stirring the pot. One new bill that passed in Texas' Republican-dominated Legislature allows students and faculty members at public and private universities in Texas to carry concealed handguns into classrooms, dormitories and other buildings. And currently, under Georgia law, citizens may walk through the airport with their weapons displayed, provided they do not move into the TSA-controlled secure areas of the airport property.

So tell me, vigilant viewers, what do you think? Are these new gun laws an unnecessary danger or a necessary right?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Has the loosening of gun laws over the last 10-15 years caused an increase in violent crime? No.

Have stricter gun laws in the U.S. ever led to a decrease in violent crime? No.

Then why is this question even being asked? The answer is obvious.
edit on 6/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I am overseas but did see the new law about Texas universities and open carry. I also read about the Georgia dude and his AR-15 at their airport...

I wonder sometimes if they are giving enough rope for us to hang ourselves ? Jocks and guns on campus.. now their is a recipe for some drunken stupid stuff IMO ...!

Answer said

Has the loosening of gun laws over the last 10-15 years caused an increase in violent crime? No.

and I have to agree with him... Maybe some radical will show up determined to cause mayhem and one armed individual will stop the whole thing before the serious stuff starts... I hope that is what happens
edit on 5-6-2015 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

If you have to ask, I assume you are not pro second amendment.

If anything, silly as it was, it proves that law abiding citizens may be armed without incident.
edit on 5-6-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Third thread today Jesse. You wouldn't be bored by any chance would you buddy ? Honestly it's nice to see you with a little time on your hands .

Bottom line for me on this subject is. They are never in the foreseeable future going to be able to take away the Second Amendment . They may try but their attempts will come to naught.

I believe law-abiding citizens should be able carry guns if they choose. The thought of gun free zones frightens me, because they present soft targets to the evil minded .

But I do believe adequately secured locations like airports should be able to not permit it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Who needs metal guns when our own guns are so massive eh Jessie?.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens. They never affect criminals.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Third thread today Jesse. You wouldn't be bored by any chance would you buddy ? Honestly it's nice to see you with a little time on your hands .

You honestly believe it's actually Jesse Ventura posting these threads?

That's hilarious.

Someone is assigned to spam ATS with threads like this in an attempt to keep JV relevant to the conspiracy crowd. It's an insult to the site, in my opinion.
edit on 6/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
People with guns don't worry as much about crime as criminals do when they see someone with a gun.

Only they know what crime was prevented by simply seeing someone armed where they had intended to commit their crime.

Well I was going to rob the joint but that dude over there has a rifle. Shrugs and walks out.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why YES Jesse I THINK we should repeal BACK to 1968,enforce ALL current laws for EVERYBODY without privilidge or prejudice and allow a weekly public townhall forum every month in every town with LOEs and a representative of the Fed.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Why YES Jesse I THINK we should repeal BACK to 1968,enforce ALL current laws for EVERYBODY without privilidge or prejudice and allow a weekly public townhall forum every month in every town with LOEs and a representative of the Fed.

Repeal back to 1934.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Repeal back to 1934.

Yes, please.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Oh, but loosening the gun laws have decreased crime in many parts of the country.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Potato

2nd
edit on 5-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If a business has the right to refuse service to someone based on their sexuality, can they also refuse service if they have a Gun?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
If a business has the right to refuse service to someone based on their sexuality, can they also refuse service if they have a Gun?

Certainly. That is part of the right to private property.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe if freedom is going to win, then it will need to be just as "in your face" back at the anti freedom crowds in our own government, with these kinds of displays. People flaunting their legal right to carry whichever way is just as necessary as those who hate guns are trying to attack those who openly carry in highly public places. Making them out to be nutty and stupid just because they are "flaunting" the right in very public places. Well no, that is exactly what is needed to keep our rights. Spit it all right back at the gun control crowd triple. Be twice as loud and ten times as proud! If you want to keep the second our right.

When people roll over and play dead with their rights, those who are against the second amendment are going to ride roughshod over them. They don't play fair with our rights.. (or even their own rights).

At least that is my sentiment on the matter!

Thanks for fighting for freedom Jesse

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Jesse would sue another widow. Check six, Jesse

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

No, the 2nd amendment is part of the Bill of Rights of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So tell me, vigilant viewers, what do you think? Are these new gun laws an unnecessary danger or a necessary right?

Gun laws every single one of them are unnecessary.

Because the ACTION has already been deemed to be illegal. Murder.

Now what has the 21st century decided to do ?

Make more LAWS that the LAW already covers for over 80 years.

Simple fact human behavior can not be legislated.

A right is a right. There are no half measures, and it is not conditional.

Like government went too far with the Patriot Act, but the people who scream about it don't seem to mind their other rights being infringed.

Funny part there is the PA came about for the same reasons gun control did.

Government has to 'save' us from the bad people.

Yeah well terrorists are still around, and people are still getting shot.

Of course between the Government that dishes out selective freedom don't have any problems arming terrorists,drug cartels, and anyone else who is trying to over throw their 'elected' government.

Then a certain group of people sing a different tune when it comes to an armed populace in America.

Those who sacrifice liberty for security will soon find themselves as having neither.

The government is better armed than the average gun owner.

Federal, and State LEO's are better armed than the average gun owner.

Criminals are better armed than the average gun owner.

And the average gun owner has the weight of the state with it's foot on our necks ready to snap it under the delusion of, 'Hey were just trying to make you safe! Your too free. Well take your sovereign power of the people under the pretense of taking care of you!'.

One would figure after 80 years of gun control people would wise up to the stupidity of it all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join