It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyes very rarely deceive me!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The area where I live is in an elevated region. We do have a very nice clear view of the sky from here. An unobstructed, clear path of sight without the glare of city lights or pollution is optimal for sky watching and I have that, with the exception of clouds.

I spend many days and nights doing a great deal of observing. I see the planes coming and going, I know what the lights on a plane are supposed to look like. I see helicopters weaving in and out. I know what helicopter movements look like. During the day, I see the birds flying. I know the distinctive pattern a bird makes when it flaps it's wings in flight.

What I saw today is not anything resembling a plane, helicopter or birds. I saw at a very high elevation, guesstimate 45,000 ft., a single black non-shiny object that made movements that resembled something that was on a string like you would see from a puppet. Then it started to move side to side from left to right, then there was another black object that seemed to separate from it and start a similar pattern as the first one did and as I was still staring directly at it, I will be damned if another one didn't pop out.

Do not ask me for pictures because it was so far away and so high there was no way for me to get video or resolution to my phone camera in order to document it. They were in my field of view for about 1 minute and they did their little dance for me and 2 of them disappeared and the other one went into the blue sky for a moment and then just vanished right in front of me.

I will be the first to admit I have no idea what I witnessed, but I am pretty certain it was not satellites or the space station or birds or planes or helicopters. It was just a black non-metallic object that appeared to come out of nowhere morph into 3 separate objects and then poof, gone.

There were, at a lower atmosphere, many birds for me to reference while this was happening and my eyes were doing their best to make a qualified and concerted effort to distinguish the difference and I can say unequivocally these were not normal everyday things.

I have no predisposition to this particular viewing experience from my past, I have had other sightings that I will express at another time but this was a first for this type. I am a firm believer that we are not alone in this solar system or galaxy or universe.

What is the very definition of UFO? Unidentified Flying Object and this qualifies as one. I do not think that every UFO is from another world, sometimes the technology we are seeing is much closer to home than we think.
edit on 5-6-2015 by searcherfortruth because: To remove those pesky clouds from the equation as they are clearly a distraction.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

My eyes deceive me daily. But I find your post credible and I believe you did see a UFO. Wish there were photos but get that sometimes, just knowing what you truly saw has to be enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You know, even if I did have photos it would not matter. It is enough for me to know you find me credible thank you for that. I will share some other experiences I have had and those will not include pictures or video either. It simply is way to easy for people to "Debunk" and it hardly seems worth the effort.

I do not mind critical thinkers and people that have a mistrust of issues like this. They have to see things for themselves to believe. I did not always have this ability either, until I saw things for myself.

I am glad when someone does appreciate the effort.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this, much thought-provoking indeed.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth What is the very definition of UFO? Unidentified Flying Object

' it's flying but we have no clue what it is '

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not at all disputing you saw something out of the ordinary.

Just a reference for potential altitude. What kind of clouds were they?

they did their little dance for me against the backdrop of some clouds

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have only ever seen two UFOs ... both at the same time and pointed out to me by a friend.
We were on high ground just a few miles away from a Top Secret Military Base.
They were too high for conventional aircraft and also far too fast
As for description of the craft/s they were two bright lights (it was night time) about as bright as Venus but smaller in size

Until this sighting I was highly sceptical ... My strongest inclination is they were advanced secret technology
However I do believe the Cosmos is teeming with intelligent life that have the capability to star travel and send probes into our little corner of space

For me this sighting was enough ... I have no desire to prove the validity of it ... but am curious if they were Human craft or Alien

edit on 5-6-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dude, it wont be long before the "It was a chinese lantern" crowd come along, PLEASE Ignore them!

DO trust your eyes! There's just too much of the bs telling us we shouldn't believe what we see.

As for pics, it wouldn't make any difference, they'd just say it was lense flare or some other bs.

Could you hear any noise? Were the objects close enough that you'd expect to hear noise?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My eyes rarely deceive me, but...I was deceived into believing i was watching a triangular shaped UFO at 1000 ft by nothing more than a bunch of black Balloons until i got my binoculars out and onto it.
Never mind Phones or cameras, get yourself a decent pair of Binos. @ 45.000 ft it could have been anything. it could very easily have been something very small @ 4,500 ft but looked much further away.

It's not the eyes that deceive, it's the mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Not at all disputing you saw something out of the ordinary.

Just a reference for potential altitude. What kind of clouds were they?

they did their little dance for me against the backdrop of some clouds

Where the clouds were did not appear to be the same height as the objects, so wasn't really focused on what type they were, only that the white background gave me some contrast, and I used that visual information to describe what I did see.

If I were looking at the clouds for distinctive qualities then I would be able to offer a more clearly defined rendition of what type they were. I am not a meteorologist and I was not looking at the weather patterns or symmetry of said clouds only that they existed for the purposes I described above.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thank you. There are other thoughts forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

only that the white background gave me some contrast

That's my point. I doubt the objects were as high as 45000 ft, as clouds normally don't exist that high.

Your objects were likely 20k ft or lower.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yes you are correct you restated the obvious. There are other uses for the abbreviation that are not considered.

Universal Foreign Object
Uniform Falling Obstacle
Uninformed Flake Oracle
Unintentional Fallacy Observation

But thanks for your very valuable insight!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just looked up what the highest clouds are ... between 16,000 to 45,000 feet is the answer I found though some sites claim 60,000 feet

Pity you could not define the type of cloud ... did the clouds obscure the objects at any point?
Though I understand you focused on the objects not the clouds

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Interesting point
Flying at 35,000 feet you are above the cloud level ... clouds above that level are very wispy

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth thanks for your very valuable insight!

thanks. i think.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

My point was that it does not matter. I also stated it was a guesstimate in the original OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
The area where I live is in an elevated region. We do have a very nice clear view of the sky from here. An unobstructed, clear path of sight without the glare of city lights or pollution is optimal for sky watching and I have that, with the exception of clouds.

I spend many days and nights doing a great deal of observing. I see the planes coming and going, I know what the lights on a plane are supposed to look like. I see helicopters weaving in and out. I know what helicopter movements look like. During the day, I see the birds flying. I know the distinctive pattern a bird makes when it flaps it's wings in flight.

What I saw today is not anything resembling a plane, helicopter or birds. I saw at a very high elevation, a single black non-shiny object that made movements that resembled something that was on a string like you would see from a puppet. Then it started to move side to side from left to right, then there was another black object that seemed to separate from it and start a similar pattern as the first one did and as I was still staring directly at it, I will be damned if another one didn't pop out.

Do not ask me for pictures because it was so far away and so high there was no way for me to get video or resolution to my phone camera in order to document it. They were in my field of view for about 1 minute and they did their little dance for me and 2 of them disappeared and the other one went into the blue sky for a moment and then just vanished right in front of me.

I will be the first to admit I have no idea what I witnessed, but I am pretty certain it was not satellites or the space station or birds or planes or helicopters. It was just a black non-metallic object that appeared to come out of nowhere morph into 3 separate objects and then poof, gone.

There were, at a lower atmosphere, many birds for me to reference while this was happening and my eyes were doing their best to make a qualified and concerted effort to distinguish the difference and I can say unequivocally these were not normal everyday things.

I have no predisposition to this particular viewing experience from my past, I have had other sightings that I will express at another time but this was a first for this type. I am a firm believer that we are not alone in this solar system or galaxy or universe.

What is the very definition of UFO? Unidentified Flying Object and this qualifies as one. I do not think that every UFO is from another world, sometimes the technology we are seeing is much closer to home than we think.

Edited for cloud removal and guesstimate of height!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If it doesn't matter then you clearly don't care about finding out what they might be.

Determining details surrounding a sighting is crucial in the identification process.

But if you just want to share a personal story with not details, that's fine too

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Credible sounding sighting from a credible sounding witness of something similar to things I've seen... so pretty darned credible, imo.

I, too, think most (if not all) of the high tech widgets in the sky are human based... though I also think the universe is filthy with life.

But I wish we plebeians knew the whole story... I'm pretty darned sure it's a good one and likely answers some historical oddities... and shouldn't be hoarded by an elitist subset of humanity.

In that respect, I almost hope it IS alien...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join