It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Bronze Age Axes Unearthed in Denmark, circa 1600 BCE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Five massive Bronze Age axes unearthed in Denmark
(Source: sciencenordic.com)

Original press release here, with more pics.

Five huge Bronze Age axes have turned up in a field in Boest near Nørre Snede in Jutland, the museum writes in a press release.

And when they say huge, they mean huge. The axes are around twice the size of those usually found, explains Rassmann, who doesn't hesitate to compare the find to winning Champions League.

The axes date from 1600 BCE, which makes them one of the earliest Bronze Age finds in Denmark.

The researchers state they might have been ritualistic, and were found near a long procession of posts that stood about the height of a man. I can't help but think they were used for animal (and human) sacrifice. The Bronze-age Celtic people of this region did have a thing for overly large ritualistic weapons, as these helmets also attest to:

Religiously, circa 1600 BCE, these people were shamanistic/Druidic, with Boest being a major trade route with gold, jewelry and bronze artifacts found in abundance in graves, the climate was mild, before turning cold during the later Iron age.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Maybe they were for GIANTS..

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
wish is could post more,
but heavily influenced by the mycenean/minoan bronze trade, specifically the horned helmet is part of the pre minoan warrior package.
The outsized axe heads might be a value holding device(ie standardized currency for trade), just like the outsized cermoinial dirks found in western europe at the same time.

It can be seen that there were two, chronologically separate, lines of introduction or transfer of the razor idea from the eastern Mediterranean to northern Europe. The spread of the two-edged razor to Central and Western Europe including Britain and Ireland took place just before or around 1500 BC. The one-edged razor arrived in Scandinavia in the decades before 1400 BC. The two ‘time-slots’ of transfer from the Mediterranean of two types of razors indicate the use of specific long distance networks that were probably in existence beforehand.

Nordic Razors

Representations of oxhide ingots in Scandinavian rock art: the sketchbook of a Bronze Age traveller?

Johan Ling and Zofia Stos-Gale

Bronze Age trade networks across Europe and the Mediterranean are well documented; Baltic amber and bronze metalwork were particularly valued commodities. Here it is argued that demand for copper and tin led to changes in Scandinavian trade routes around 1600 BC, which can be linked to the appearance of figurative rock art images in southern Scandinavia. Images identified as oxhide ingots have been discovered in Sweden and suggest that people from Scandinavia were familiar with this characteristically Mediterranean trading commodity. Using trace element and lead isotope analysis, the authors argue that some bronze tools excavated in Sweden could have been made of Cypriot copper; these two discoveries suggest that Scandinavians were travelling to the Mediterranean, rather than acting through a middle man.

Scandanavian Bronze age rock shows mediterranian oxhide bronze ingots?

edit on 5-6-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In my best Elmer Fudd voice -

"Killl the wabbit... kill the wabbit..."

Pretty cool find.. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Nice find!

The axes are impressive, but those helmets are gorgeous!

*waits for the inevitable stream of people screaming "giantz!!11"*

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Nice,
It's wabbit , its duck season. It's wabbit season. It's duck season

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I will admit that when I was eleven, based on Looney tunes , I prepared Hausenphepher , or stewed wabbit in vinegar. OMG what a terrible dish.

edit on 7-6-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
I will admit that when I was eleven, based on Looney tunes , I prepared Hausenphepher , or stewed wabbit in vinegar. OMG what a terrible dish.

Its a wonder how humanity survived at all to make it to this point. That dish sounds more like a biological weapon than a meal.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
And these are the same giants (the Rephaim) that YHWH banished to Tartarus that the crazy scientists at CERN want to open a stargate up for.

So when a human eating titan treads on your home town and eats people; say 'thankyou crazy elite'.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

I'll take wabbits from Chernobyl farms...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

That will now haunt me in my dreams. Thank you.

Edit: Did I say "haunt"? I meant "hunt".

edit on 6/8/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I want one.

As for hasenphefer, or however it's spelled...

It's absolutely vile if it isn't made correctly.

If it is, it's really very, very good. With a good German beer? Nirvana.
edit on 6/8/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Its like a walt Disney version of Jurassic park. I am curious how big their teeth are.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Enjoyed the info regarding this for this region. I did not fully review everything I could, so I ask, was the any indications as to the origin of the metals as of yet?

Were they tools created in Denmark, or did they travel from say, the Med Basin as an example.

Ocean Travels and movement of peoples where happening long before some wish to recognize, and it maybe these where from outside of the area.

Just curious

Ciao

Shane

P.S. A nice Rabbit Stew sounds good though lol
edit on 11-6-2015 by Shane because: speling

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shane
The bronze is likely from the med or iberia and it was likely cast there as well. The bronze age was brought to scandanvia fairly late, the time these axes date to.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Maybe they were for GIANTS..

Yep...for giants...sure

top topics

join