It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The World Be Better Off With Females Leading World Governments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
The male species has lead world country Governments since written history began and probably longer. Their track record speaks for itself.

Our female species are our life givers, caretakers of our children and our sick and frail. Females shy away from violence.

With the above comments in mind do you think that if our female species lead our world country Governments would we be better off then we are now?

I actually prefer the way some of the American Indians did it - where men were elected to all the 'leadership' posts but only women could vote. I find that idea very sensible, women for the most part don't want to do those type of - I can't think of an appropriate word - 'posturing' jobs, they have other things that are more important to them. However women, and again this is a generality, are very concerned about the welfare of the group and it's members.

During the Icelandic finance collapse the only firm that survived was woman run. It may be time for a Woman's party in the US and other Western countries like they have in the Scandinavian countries. Women are leading the fight for indigenous and climate rights but aren't often the spokespeople.

I think giving women more actual power would help our society.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh, forgot Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well to be fair viky didnt do such except sit in Britain looking misrable all the time

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well to be fair viky didnt do such except sit in Britain looking misrable all the time

The Raj might disagree with that.

They were not amused.
edit on 5-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

She was only miserable after Albert died - before then, she really enjoyed life.

Besides, by that point the Monarchy had been superseded by Parliament in terms of who held the reigns of power.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: crazyewok

The Raj might disagree with that.

They were not amused.

For parliment thats the great thing about a constitutional monarchy.

Its like haveing a constant obama,but without any power, you can can constantly blame for your actions.

Since queen Anne there has basicaly been a PM behind every god awfull thing the Brits ever did, but the king or queen get the blame and the PM not even rememberd

edit on 5-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

She was only miserable after Albert died - before then, she really enjoyed life.

Besides, by that point the Monarchy had been superseded by Parliament in terms of who held the reigns of power.

Dude it was a joke.....just a joke.

And that was my point, she didnt do much as parilment basicaly did everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah, I know
chill

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

In this day and age,being female,I would say that there would be world peace,and everyone would love everyone else. All the way up until they got their menstrual cycles synced. Then we would have a war like no other. It would make WW2 look like a day at the park. Women can be extremely vindictive and backstabbing when they want to 'get one over' on another. I was one of those girls in school that the other girls either didn't like or just ignored. So I hung around with guys.Much more stable,until the manhood waving would start.......sigh. Forget it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Do not pass go, do not collect $200

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, if a woman wasn't greedy and power hungry, maybe she could do a good job at it. But the problem is that women who weren't that way would never try to get those kind of leadership jobs. That is the problem we have with men, the overpowering personalities are the ones applying and everyone wants to back the winner and the person with confidence. The trouble is they have confidence but not much rationality most times. They are intent on increasing power.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

In this day and age,being female,I would say that there would be world peace,and everyone would love everyone else. All the way up until they got their menstrual cycles synced. Then we would have a war like no other. It would make WW2 look like a day at the park. Women can be extremely vindictive and backstabbing when they want to 'get one over' on another. I was one of those girls in school that the other girls either didn't like or just ignored. So I hung around with guys.Much more stable,until the manhood waving would start.......sigh. Forget it.

If the UK and US had been run by women we woukd stilll hate each other and not got over the whole revolution , hell countrys would be falling out and makeing up so much diplomacy would be a mess

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I thought there was no difference between men and women. So leadership shouldn't make a difference.

Was I wrong?

Must someone fetch me a sammich?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
nope, we're different animals.....the ladies are above us men in most respects but not that...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I've had women and men as bosses.

*meh*

They're both the same.

I like being the boss, to tell the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

It's a valid consideration, but I don't think so. Why? There would still be conflicts between groups, and issues that needed resolving, and people prone to violence. Wars don't always start because some leader is greedy, after all. Some are started over legitimate resource conflicts, and some because one group attacks another. Women being in charge wouldn't make that stop happening. Have you never worked under some power-mad woman? Most people have. The average woman might shy away from violence, but violence would still be around, and need to be addressed.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This sums it up

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Margaret Thatcher.

Didn't even make the UK a better place, let alone the World.

Kirchner the Argie warmonger....

Just 2 examples to show the fallacy that one sex is better than another.

Only the people can make the world better, thinking it's about the leaders is an outdated, discredited notion.

We are way past that. If we all use modern technology to communicate and hold to account those purporting to represent us then we have a chance to make a better world.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Haha, yeah...If anyone can hold a grudge, it's a woman scorned!

I've seen women argue over the littlest things (not being invited to something, for example) and it to drag on for months, whereas I've seen blokes have a toe-to-toe fight and be best buds the next day. In fact, i once caught my best mate and a former GF in a compromising position after one too many vodka's, gave him a black eye and concussion for his troubles, then took him to hospital to be patched up and then off to the pub the next day.

EDIT: And he is still my best bud...
edit on 6/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yeah, same. I can't say one was better than the other, although I would say it's a good idea not to antagonize a female boss at the wrong time......

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join