It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The World Be Better Off With Females Leading World Governments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bucsarg

No. The world would be just as messed up as it is now, except the reasons would be different. The problem is that we are all human, no one is perfect, and no one solution is going to satisfy everyone.

Agree,

The Human nature of corruption is the same regardless of biological sex.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Possibly.

I base my opinion on the study of how different men and women are in prison.

Men tend to challenge each other for dominance.

Women tend to create family units.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

As a woman it seems ridiculous when I say No! But we must think of the impact to our nation and to the world. Are women capable? HELL yes!! Bring it on...
Is the world ready for a woman President? Sadly, no.

I take no comfort in saying this. Men run the world, but women run the purses and have enormous impact on the health of economies. But, women are not ranked higher than animals in many a country, and somewhere in between in several others. Understanding this is the ways of a sizeable amount of real estate in the world today, the election of a woman to the oval office would, IMO , lessen the standing of our country, ( Like Obama hasn't already done irrevocable harm?)

Simply put...the world is not ready for a female running the USA.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Star for you, sir.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Absolutely NOT.

What you do need is a mix of both.

At the end of the day a politician is merely a manager, of some aspect of the way a country runs. Anecdote/experience warning : Bad male managers can be handled, bad female managers are a stubborn pain in the ar.es.

You are absolutely going to have to deal with bad politicians (managers) so having a 50:50 mix gives you a chance to sort out the problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah we'd be better off. I mean we know that men and women are kind of the ying and yang...the same but different.

Women can be great leaders.

Yes they can, but that doesn't translate into them being more "peaceful" leaders. In fact, in every single example of a female leader from history I can think of, they behaved as "violently" as the blokes.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
2 words:

Hillary Clinton.

Corruption is not limited to males.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hell no.

All it would take is two women to come into the UN in the same dress and there would be a world war

And ones a month all hell world break loose!

Hahahahaha! Great post! (No, not offended at all!)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
The male species has lead world country Governments since written history began and probably longer. Their track record speaks for itself.

Our female species are our life givers, caretakers of our children and our sick and frail. Females shy away from violence.

With the above comments in mind do you think that if our female species lead our world country Governments would we be better off then we are now?

Yes, female of the species, life givers, caretakers of children and sick and frail....oh yes and beautiful, kind, gorgeous and yes SEXY. Thats all well and good until I present you with Hillary Clinton. Now what?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would love to see a woman president as long as she's capable of handling the responsibility and can do the job well. Too bad I haven't seen any candidates that fit the bill (Hillary is no exception).

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I am actually genuinely surprised you guys haven't yet - I would have thought you'd get a woman first before ever having a Black man as President.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't know.

But we're going to find out, aren't we?

Someday, sooner rather then later, the US will have one. Other countries have had them, and are still here...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
The male species has lead world country Governments since written history began and probably longer. Their track record speaks for itself.

Our female species are our life givers, caretakers of our children and our sick and frail. Females shy away from violence.

With the above comments in mind do you think that if our female species lead our world country Governments would we be better off then we are now?

Females kill the unborn so your whole premis is flawed.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

edit on 5-6-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: error

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

error

arrghhh! my ATS and my beloved PC playing up

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think a more maternal political landscape would bring up better leaders, no matter their individual genders. A woman who makes it into power in the current political climate has done so through a patriarchal system and therefore have many of the same issues that men in power have. It's not the gender of the individual that is the problem; it's the gender of the political machine.

It takes an exceptional person to transcend that.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah we'd be better off. I mean we know that men and women are kind of the ying and yang...the same but different.

Women can be great leaders.

Yes they can, but that doesn't translate into them being more "peaceful" leaders. In fact, in every single example of a female leader from history I can think of, they behaved as "violently" as the blokes.

You may be right, but generally speaking, women are more peaceful and nurturing as a whole. That's why they are great mother's and usually great teachers. That's not always true, but generally. We know they can be great warriors too and amazing leaders. I think if more women were world leaders we would get more of that peaceful, nurturing side. The sample size for female leaders is too small.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Hmmm...not sure what women you're on about! Yes, they can be peaceful and nurturing, but so can men, but from what I've seen over the years, they are also very capable of going to the dark side.

Most of the fights I've ever seen on a Friday/Saturday night in town have been started by women (usually with verbal abuse) then the men get dragged in for whatever reason (goaded on by the woman to defend her "honour")

A list of female world leaders, past and present - a surprisingly larger amount than I thought, with 22 countries currently sporting a female leader
edit on 5/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There are many cases were women are the real power but using their husband's as a front but we don't hear about them .

History tells of powerful women leaders Joan of arc , Bodacea to name two .

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Cleopatra
Helen of troy

Just 2 off the top of my head, not very "peaceful".

Currently we have;
Sarah Palin
Hillary Clinton
Michelle Bachmann
Nancy Pelosi
Barbara Boxer
Elizabeth Warren

etc

Yeah, bunch of peace-mongers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join