It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family served arrest warrants for 'disturbing the peace' at graduation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Why is it not an injustice that a family had charges place on them for cheering for their daughter for graduating?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Why is it not an injustice that a family had charges place on them for cheering for their daughter for graduating?

Wow here you are feeling outraged for people who can't follow rules yet again.

I suggest you find something better to do with your time than feeling slighted by every single thing in the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'll just ignore the personal attack and ask again.

What is the justice in pressing charges on this family?

I have already said they should have been asked to leave for not following the rules, but how are charges justified.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Everyone should just skip graduation events and switch them to video conferences. Then you can mute the individuals you don't want to hear and no one would be offended if you cut it off before the end.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I see little point in graduation ceremonies (homeschooled in HS) thus the "rite of passage" aspect doesn't necessarily escape me, but seems hollow overall. It's just completion of basic education, big whoop.

However, if you attend the ceremonies, respect the rules & shut your trap. If you exceed the decibel level & get slapped with disturbing the peace, whoops, guess you'll shut up next time, eh?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Oh, boo hoo! They claim they were simply supporting their relative, but what they were actually doing is disrupting the ceremony for the rest of the people there, and especially for all whose names were called right after hers. I hope they are fined. Jail time wouldn't be out of line, either. Shouting and waving towels are the examples they admit, so what did the other tow do? Odd, that we aren't told.

I have zero sympathy for these rude people. When my daughter had her promotion ceremony, a lot of idiots were cheering so much that many names could not be heard at all. Some actually booed a couple of students. I'd have loved someone to haul those folks out. Freedom doesn't mean a blatant disregard for or respect for others. These people knew the rules, and chose to disregard them, and now they want sympathy. Well, tough.

ETA - for those claiming it is an injustice to arrest them, or over the top, and they should have simply been thrown out, what, exactly, do you think that would solve they already cheered for their relative, and thus that is no punishment. The one guy even says he whooped and waved a towel, as he was leaving. Pressing charges is the only thing these people will understand, clearly.

There is no excuse for this sort of behavior at a graduation, and this isn't an old tradition. At my graduation, NO ONE behaved like that. No one. That's with a graduating class of over 400, too. All were respectful, and cheering was at the end, save for ONE student, a guy we all cheered for (and the ceremony paused for it), because he had severe physical issues (some bone problems, I believe), and it was a real triumph seeing him cross the stage. Besides that rare exception, no cheering, no whooping, no air horns or towels or whatever the other two served did (which we strangely don't hear..). Courtesy is apparently too much for some self-centered people, and others defend that? Really? How about the families who can't hear their kid's name called, because soe loudmouth can't control themselves? Isn't that an injustice? Their graduation is ruined.

I suspect the notice that rule violations will be prosecuted might put a damper on the rudeness.
edit on 5-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

have already said they should have been asked to leave for not following the rules, but how are charges justified.

Thats easy the charges are justified by the fine these people will end up paying.....easy targets for revenue collection..seems to be all too common in this day and age....

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It is a damn graduation, and we need to arrest people for disturbing it because someone might not here someones named called over a freaking PA system?

That is what we need in this nation, the rudeness police...

Laughable.

Being rude is not a crime, do we really want to make it one?
What happened to touch skin and all that jazz?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thought so, can't back up your position, just need to insult when asked what it is.

Well at least you got some stars for it, denying ignorance at it's best.

Long live the rudeness police guys!

Lets start locking people up for being rude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join