It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing just patented a drone that can fly forever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Barring an electric motor, which is still not really efficient for larger platforms, everything eventually has to land. The oil in the engine is only going to last so long before it needs some added or changing.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Legman

Barring an electric motor, which is still not really efficient for larger platforms, everything eventually has to land. The oil in the engine is only going to last so long before it needs some added or changing.

Um thanks?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
No one kick ass without gas. Being able to restock your little army of flying machines while on the move makes a lot of economical sense, in which ever application they are applied.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well...

It seems like I wasn't that far of after all

Microwave power for shuttle

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's the perfect platform for mass surveillance. Slow moving (Can basically loiter in one spot without doing a bunch of circles or whatever). Low energy consumption. Should be able to carry more than enough of a payload for all sorts of crazy spy gear. The latest technology makes this kind of thing a pretty sobering thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Hefficide

Yes they could be used in postive ways i wonder how long it will be before we see the first drone to drone warfare..

I'd prefer that to armies blowing up infrastructures & poor people all because some politicians & rich people don't like each other. Then they can take it all the way & have mega large mechas fighting each other & the winning side "wins" the war.

As for the OP: The ramifications of this can be huge if it's usable with cheap drones (especially cheap & quiet drones).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join