It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Ultra / MK Ultra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I saw there was a thread on this a few days back, but it didn't really go into detail about the movie and it's references to one of our favorite conspiracies!

So at first I thought this was just another Stoner flick in the likeness of Pineapple Express. Then I watched the trailer and the name makes so much more sense now. American Ultra seems to be a play on of Project MK Ultra, which I'm sure the majority of ATS users are at least somewhat familiar with. If not, here's some light reading en.wikipedia.org...

I found it weird for Hollywood to make such a blatant reference to this event, especially after recent events such as Sandy Hook and the James Holmes fiasco. Then again it might not be all that weird. Now it might be far fetched to say Hollywood, these directors, or these actors know more than we do and are either rubbing it in our faces, or trying to make us more aware, but I will say it just doesn't sit well with me that they are making light of something that has been linked to many horrific events. Who knows, maybe I'm looking a little too deep. But I did want to get yalls opinions. What say you, ATS?
edit on 5-6-2015 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus

I saw there was a thread on this a few days back, but it didn't really go into detail about the movie and it's references to one of our favorite conspiracies!

So at first I thought this was just another Stoner flick in the likeness of Pineapple Express. Then I watched the trailer and the name makes so much more sense now. American Ultra seems to be a play on of Project MK Ultra, which I'm sure the majority of ATS users are at least somewhat familiar with. If not, here's some light reading en.wikipedia.org...

I found it weird for Hollywood to make such a blatant reference to this event, especially after recent events such as Sandy Hook and the James Holmes fiasco. Then again it might not be all that weird. Now it might be far fetched to say Hollywood, these directors, or these actors know more than we do and are either rubbing it in our faces, or trying to make us more aware, but I will say it just doesn't sit well with me that they are making light of something that has been linked to many horrific events. Who knows, maybe I'm looking a little too deep. But I did want to get yalls opinions. What say you, ATS?

Interesting trailer. Yeah, it does reference him being triggered by that blonde lady.

It's hard to know why the movie was made. Often, talented screen writers or directors hear of something such as a conspiracy (MK Ultra) and then, knowing that the concept is interesting, flesh it out into a fictional story. This happens all of the time, both in literature and in film.

It's like the movie/book National Treasure. The writer obviously just took a lot of popular memes about the Freemason, illuminati, etc, and then fleshed out a story out of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is definitely a direct reference to MK Ultra / Project MK Ultra. I hope the movie makes it to fruition, I am curious to watch it

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It's hard to know why the movie was made. Often, talented screen writers or directors hear of something such as a conspiracy (MK Ultra) and then, knowing that the concept is interesting, flesh it out into a fictional story. This happens all of the time, both in literature and in film.

I know of at least one screenwriter that frequents the dark places of ATS, looking for that little item, snippet of information that could lead to the next big block buster, and enough fame and fortune to equal men who stare at goats.
edit on 5-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I know of at least one screenwriter that frequents the dark places of ATS, looking for that little item, snippet of information that could lead to the next big block buster, and enough fame and fortune to equal men who stare at goats.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it at all. I mean, a lot of movies over the years have been made about controversial topics, from reptilian aliens masquerading as humans to CIA hit men silencing people.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This looks hysterical!

Definitely referencing MK Ultra, of course, but counting on the fact that to most people, it's just another conspiracy theory, vs. admitted program.

top topics

join