It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it OK to Bring a Loaded Rifle into an Airport? This Guy Did It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Telos

You see, the problem here is perception

This gentleman knows he has no intention of suddenly killing people with his exercising of his right.

How does he get that same message across to other people who feel threatened by what he is doing? - because the reality is that in less than one second he could kill.

Death is never welcome, nor is his immature actions, which by the way, actually has a negative impact on what he thinks he is promoting and just gives gun-grabbers more of a reason to label him as the "see - this is the mentality of gun-rights advocates"

You see, it's all about perception

Exactly, it is a very self-centered action. Just because you know you aren't there to kill people doesn't mean the 5000 people walking around do. They have no way of knowing. Their day, travels, children, etc, shouldn't be in perceived danger because some idiot wants to leave the trailer park and wave an assault weapon around.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

nice attempt to switch topic

he claimed that carrying the firearm was " for saftey "

his quote

do i really have to spell it out for you ???

carrying a slung weapon in public does not make you safer

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I sincerely hope you're not lumping me in with those types. Not that I see them doing anything wrong, I just don't have a small....I don't need to flex my ego by openly carrying a rifle. Back home in Texas, I did enjoy wearing my pistol on my hip. Usually was a good conversation piece.

I get what you're saying with an airport. Still a sensitive subject, I guess. I just don't panic if I see someone carrying a firearm.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I sincerely hope you're not lumping me in with those types. Not that I see them doing anything wrong, I just don't have a small....I don't need to flex my ego by openly carrying a rifle. Back home in Texas, I did enjoy wearing my pistol on my hip. Usually was a good conversation piece.

I get what you're saying with an airport. Still a sensitive subject, I guess. I just don't panic if I see someone carrying a firearm.

Sorry, didn't mean to attack. I don't lump you in.

But the thing is, a huge percentage of both Americans and foreigners WOULD feel extremely uncomfortable with a dude waving around an assault rifle. There just isn't a valid point to it. Weapons are a very serious thing, even when legal. I also would feel weird (but less so) if I saw a guy waving around a huge Bowie knife in the airport ticketing line. It's simply not socially appropriate to the context.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can't say I'm a fan of this particular mans method but it is important to challenge authority. Cops should know the laws they are supposed to enforce.
edit on 6/5/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join