It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse Apparel - huh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Do these guys have any idea how stupid they sound? What, do they think they are being responsible because they give it an occasional thought and come up with some half baked ideas? Is this part of movement to get people to " blase' " prepping?

ruderecord.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Well, that looks more like the typical steam punk approach than genuine apocalypse ready gear to me.

Although survival gear is serious business, I can see it becoming necessary, in the event of prolonged periods of extreme duress, for those who survive initial cataclysms to be able to express themselves and their individuality through their choices of colour and finishes on their gear.

Without expression, without individuality, we are just packs of animals, herds and hunters. It is psychologically important to be able to express oneself after all, which is why uniforms can be difficult for some to wear without feeling uncomfortable.

So although this utter nonsense (that garb does not look at all practical), I can understand the concept of personalised kit. Personally, I like my wardrobes contents to be black, and preferably have some skulls in the design somewhere, so I reckon if it came to it, I could mod some kit without compromising its effectiveness to much!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

omg that is hilarious

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would think that appropriate apocalypse apparel would be sack cloth and ashes.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

ROFL. Love ya, man.
Just the kind of intellectual depth to go with my first coffee

ETA: That photo is quite funny. The kind of look that makes people rush up to him...Not!
edit on 5-6-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Looks like Alex Jones has a new product to hawk like his boner pills, clenses, water filters, vitamins, etc.

new topics

top topics

join