It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain in Pictures.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: crazyewok

I've lived more of my life in SW England though and Dartmoor provides it's own good substitute.
These little fellas are much more used to humans...

Is that the advert to Cornishbrides.com ?

edit on 6-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Miss UK 2014

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Shh, I'm part Cornish, don't be telling everyone the link now, there aren't enough to go round as it is!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

How did you get my picture !!!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia I managed to track your Facebook, this was in the 'Girls night out photos

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ok I try a pun

I ran out ginger ..

Can you point me in the right direction ?

edit on 6-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It would be funny....... if I had been to a wedding there were 2 first cousins married......

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

In Michigan it's legal to marry as close as your first cousin once removed (the child of your first cousin). I know a few people in Dearborn that are married such.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

...explains why Devon & Cornwall constabulary are probably the most chilled in the UK

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

In Michigan it's legal to marry as close as your first cousin once removed (the child of your first cousin). I know a few people in Dearborn that are married such.

Nope full cousin on cousin marriage is legal here..................though only practiced in Ise of wight and sometimes Norfolk

On behalf of them may I say:

Its kinda a given anyway here..........I mean how else is the royal family meant to breed

edit on 6-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

They have trains in devon now?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yep! ...and apparently when HS2 is completed Network Rail is donating their old diesel rolling stock to First Geat Western.
No more getting smoky in the tunnels yay

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

As I live in the south this is pretty much true

edit on 7-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Haha, now you see why I moved from Wales to SW England all those years ago!
...some excellent cloudy scrumpy from a farm near me, couple of quid a gallon.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Nyiah

People are nice here? Where are you from originally? What part of the state are you in now?

I'm from Detroit (Proper, not a suburb).
Been living in the UP for about a year now. They're... a different breed up here.

Where am I from originally?

Michiganders really do make the bulk of southerners look like rude, crude pricks. I grew up in FL, that whole southern hospitality thing is BS by comparison

My dad, stepmom & brothers live in suburban Detroit. He remembers when Detroit used to be respectable (in his 70's) but calls it Detoilet now. We're over in the western side, one funny thing we keep hearing from people who think someone's acting like a jerk or a kid is acting up in public -- "Quit acting like you're from Detroit!" The East/West divide undercurrent up here seems pretty evident. W MI & E MI don't like each other much. Everyone seems to like Yoopers, though.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes, everyone thinks that they're just the nicest. It's funny though, especially since the Yoopers silently hate all the trolls/flatlanders/lopers/and others from "Greater Michigan" (people living south of the bridge), fudgies (people that travel north for the fudge; not necessarily limited to Yooper usage), apple knockers (people that come to the UP to hunt), and terrorists/leafers/peepers (people coming up to "see the leaves change") despite the fact that most of the UP's economy is dependent on them.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Great Britain - We are sending ground forces into West Africa to combat the deadly virus, 'Ebola', and we are sending humanitarian aid to combat the terrorist organisation, 'ISIS'.

How we ever won two world wars I'll never know.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here's how the rest of the world---and some Americans see the US when it comes to its geography

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Speaking of geography...

I've had that in my Gmail inbox since February 21, 2008. Crazy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join