It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Spy Plane Records China's Artificial Islands, China Threatens Response

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm REALLY poor so NO BIG for me...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
I think the someone should build another island directly across from this one, same format.

Actually everyone is building military bases. Think it's going to get worse now that China shot a Philippines ship. And they definately upped the anti when they just notified Australia they will shoot down there aircraft in the south China sea. I can't imagine what Australia would do if someone shoots down one of their planes.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ha. It would be easier for you to deal for sure. Especially if you were in the army at one point (cavscout?). Its all the hipsters who can't start a lawnmower that would suffer.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Probably call for backup.

edit on 5-6-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The RQ-180 is the longest ranged of the known stealth UAVs. The -170 is the only other known stealth UAV and it's an off the shelf platform that isn't as stealthy.

With refueling they're going to have to tank not long before they get to the area to increase time overhead. The tankers are going to be seen, which let's them know something is coming.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The RQ-180 is the longest ranged of the known stealth UAVs. The -170 is the only other known stealth UAV and it's an off the shelf platform that isn't as stealthy.

With refueling they're going to have to tank not long before they get to the area to increase time overhead. The tankers are going to be seen, which let's them know something is coming.

Right and rq 180 flies for 24 hours.

edit on 5-6-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Very little is known about its performance or numbers, but that would include to and from the target, and time over the target. With a limited number of platforms you need most of them for good coverage.

The other advantage to a manned platform is there's no uplink to screw with.
edit on 6/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That is true about the man flight but it doesn't seem necessary for the routine patrolling.

International water even from the Chinese opinion isn't that far off. Not mention quite a few bases in the pacific and south east Asia the Philippines and Japan.

The goal is probably to have these things in the air at all times overlapping paths from different bases and ships.

Of course that could be the case and that's why they sent the plane but why not an rc 135?

I guess the want to use there newer toy and its already there. The defensive capability sends a message to I imagine.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

HE,HE,HE all those cellphones going dead...I would feel SO bad .
Yes a scout.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The P-8s have been operating in the area for awhile now. Why not send them. They won't get as detailed information as an RC, but as few RCs as there are they work to augment them.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Probably call for backup.

Would an attack on an Australian aircraft be sufficient to activate Southeast Asia Treaty Organization for defense. This would automatically require the Phillipines to get involved and probably the UK. But I'm not sure them shooting down a plane would qualify. Australia's most likely approach would be to start sending jets onto the area refueling through phillipines.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'm REALLY poor so NO BIG for me...

HA, same here. I'm already in the crapper so, oh well, I'm used to it! Lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nowornevertill

originally posted by: dragonridr
I think what shocked me the most is just the lack of professionalism.

Why should China show professionalism and respect towards USA.

I am not Chinese

I am white guy never been to Asia and i don't show US respect of any kind.

They did create ISIS, wars world wide and did 9/11.

People like that don't deserve respect.

Really....... Anyone with a shred of common sense can see from the way you write something is fishy. But I am sure you are just some non Asian white guy........COUGH....COUGH. I bet pictures of Mao are in view...........
edit on 6-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Can the p8 do treaty verification for icbms? I am sure if it does they want plenty of them in the area.

I guess I can see why you would want all the equipment available. Its just the Chinese culture is not like the Russians. I think if they feel disrespected the whole coy level headed attitude turns psycho and irrational. Rather than poison a foreign politician I feel like the launch button is closer to their fingers. Its such a sensitive situation I really don't know what the best approach is..

Mutual destruction is assured though. I don't know how a full scale war with a country like china would have a very good outcome. They don't even care about their own people. I imagine treaties go out the window. So what is the real purpose of pushing the buttons by outing them? We couldn't withstand a war with china without completely rearranging the world whether physically or economically.

I think this is a where the hero gets a lot of people killed type of situation.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Listening to that chatter, it sounded like someone was attempting to jam coms. Or was it 'interference'

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Reread and understand the point I made about Chinese police.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I read that also saw the report on vice the Chinese government has another problem. Apparently anything western is almost worshipped in China. If you white and speak English instant job

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

They are seeing a major upswing of unrest in their western provinces as well as Tibet. The Chinese military also publicly discussed their ability to blockade India using their submarine fleet.

Seems things aren't all that brotherly in BRICS or the CIS.

Hell even Russia has dragged their feet on economic issues that are spearheaded by China that would benefit both countries. I find it illogical for Russia to try and realign itself as an Asian leader while trying to cozy up to China, who thinks of itself as the Asian leader.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You don't get the Russia china alliance?

edit on 6-6-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2015 by luthier because: extracting rudeness

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Easy, nuke the island. Problem solved.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join