It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Spy Plane Records China's Artificial Islands, China Threatens Response

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds good to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

We could survive the loss. The Chinese government would not survive the loss.

Has it never occurred to you why China was building ghost cities? It is not to deal with their population. It was done to keep their people employed

Your domiciled bankers seem to be doing ok, without actually stimulating your real economy (they just keep creating more ghost paper products - derivatives (aka your chinese ghost city example)

So the US does not artificially create wars and the MIC in business? Hows the economy looking for your unemployed? I guess you will eventually reintroduce conscription to fudge the figures.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Chinese government has been forced to arm some of their police forces in areas that are seeing an increase in public uprisings.

America's Militarized Police Forces
The militarization of police is harming civil liberties, impacting children, and transforming neighborhoods into war zones.
By Alex Kane / AlterNet June 27, 2014

www.alternet.org...

The “war on terror” has come home--and it’s wreaking havoc on innocent American lives. The culprit is the militarization of the police.

The weapons used in the “war on terror” that destroyed Afghanistan and Iraq have made their way to local law enforcement. While police forces across the country began a process of militarization complete with SWAT teams and flash-bang grenades when President Reagan intensified the “war on drugs,” the post-9/11 “war on terror” has added fuel to the fire.

Through laws and regulations like a provision in defense budgets that authorize the Pentagon to transfer surplus military gear to police forces, local law enforcement are using weapons found on the battlefields of South Asia and the Middle East.

A recent New York Times article by Matt Apuzzoreported that in the Obama era, “police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines; thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.” The result is that police agencies around the nation possess military-grade equipment, turning officers who are supposed to fight crime and protect communities into what look like invading forces from an army. And military-style police raids have increased in recent years, with one count putting the number at 80,000 such raids last year.

Alls well in the land of the privileged - or are you going to say I'm off topic too? (note the article above was from 12 months ago)
edit on 5-6-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: missed quote

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

How do you suppose we get rare earth?

You are referring to the real reason why the US is in Afghanistan?

$1 Trillion Trove of Rare Minerals Revealed Under Afghanistan
By Charles Q. Choi, Live Science Contributor | September 04, 2014 07:35am ET

www.livescience.com...

Despite being one of the poorest nations in the world, Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists.

Afghanistan, a country nearly the size of Texas, is loaded with minerals deposited by the violent collision of the Indian subcontinent with Asia. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) began inspecting what mineral resources Afghanistan had after U.S.-led forces drove the Taliban from power in the country in 2004. As it turns out, the Afghanistan Geological Survey staff had kept Soviet geological maps and reports up to 50 years old or more that hinted at a geological gold mine.

And dont forget control of the drug (Opium) supply - gotta keep the US Congress and black OPS projeccts in cash.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

In southeast Asia food may turn out to be even more strategic than oil .

Being Australian I can relate to that - over the last 5 years they have been amassing huge arable farm assets from us.

eg 1
www.theaustralian.com.au...
Chinese snap up 50 dairy farms
THE AUSTRALIAN OCTOBER 16, 2014 12:00AM
Sue Neales

CHINESE investment is flooding into Australia’s dairy industry, with four multi-million-dollar mega-deals in progress that are likely to see Chinese state-owned companies taking big stakes in all Australia’s largest dairy farming operations.

In western Victorian, about 50 dairy farmers between Colac and Mount Gambier have signed individual option deals to sell their farms, worth a collective $400 million, to a secretive ­Chinese-dominated dairy conglomerate being put together by Tasmanian-based property developer Troy Harper.

eg 2
www.farmweekly.com.au...

Chinese billionaire's bumper Aus harvest

ASIA'S richest man has become the second-largest owner of Australian vineyards.

When the federal government's new register for foreign investment in agricultural land comes into force, one person set to attract more scrutiny is Asia's richest man, Li Ka-shing.

His companies have been busily buying up vineyards to become the second-largest owner of vineyard holdings in Australia.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If they fire on us that will change in OUR favor when we seize their assets AKA OUR debt to them.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

your response to Xcathdra

Obviously discussing the geopolitical situation is relevant to this discussion you just want to control the debate.

Well said SIr!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We have a treaty to service.
Here is a page from Satan....ER ,CFR
www.cfr.org...
edit on 5-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The casual manner China views its citizens is going to lead to their downfall.

And the 1 million strong army would not be able to quell demonstrations? Keep believing whatever you wish through your limited view point

www.globalsecurity.org...

There are over three dozen armies around the world with more than 100,000 soldiers. Arguably, the United States has the world's largest army, combining the troops of the US Army and the US Marine Corps. While the US Army is not a marine corps, the US Marine Corps is an army by any usable definition of the term. While the Marines might quibble, the distinction was probably lost on the enemy in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Somewhat surprisingly, the world's most populous country [China], seems not to have the world's larget army. No one seems to know the size of the Chinese army. According to some Western sources such as the IISS Military Balance, the size of the Chinese ground forces is the largest in the world with approximately 1.6 million personnel.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
China owes so much to the U.S and the U.S doesnt make a big deal about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grayghost

Do we not have more advanced ways to watch what is going on.

Or is this just another was to try and piss of China

Good point.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's what they said about the U-2 when they over flew the Soviet Union and China. Right up to the point they lost a number of them to Soviet missiles.

That was 50 years ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Frankly...

I wish the "trillions" had been spent in recent years being so ingenious as to build upon locations out at sea extending our borders, farmland, defenses even trade locations such as arrival of goods, hydro farms and much more than meddling in places we don't even get to keep...

It's hard for me to kick anyone in the butt for making better decisions in regards to their wealth, fight over gas rather than let them set the precedent and one day look out over Cape Cod and see endless wind power...

We are mainly a bunch of morons lately.

Perhaps one day when an a-bomb arrives in a port like Los Angeles in a shipping container we'd realize how much better a budget like "homeland security" could have been used.

The Chinese are Brilliant sometimes if you ask me. They have the three gorges damn, my state is about to run out of water... but there is an oil pipe running here, but not a water pipe...

edit on 5-6-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Nowornevertill

originally posted by: dragonridr
I think what shocked me the most is just the lack of professionalism.

Why should China show professionalism and respect towards USA.

I am not Chinese

I am white guy never been to Asia and i don't show US respect of any kind.

They did create ISIS, wars world wide and did 9/11.

People like that don't deserve respect.

Obviously you do not understand. This is not a "spy plane" it's a patrol aircraft and it is performing a freedom of navigation exercise. I did the exact same thing 20 years ago. The Spratly islands issue has been going on for a long time. The Chinese want to claim those waters for resources and so they literally create land so they can claim "territorial waters." They really are working against international law.

Thank you. Yes.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And you think missiles haven't radically improved since then? Anything we have that can avoid a missile is in such limited numbers that they'd have to fly every one of them in that area for coverage.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

If they fire on us its bad for everyone. Not just them and our debt. We can't have the lifestyle we enjoy today in this economy without china as a trading partner. Not to mention the multinationals that would drag the stock market down.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not really true. We have plenty of unmanned stealth spy drones.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

We don't have "plenty" of them, and they suffer the same limitations other platforms in that region suffer from. They're limited in the areas they can operate from and have the range to get to the area and loiter for any length of time.

A manned aircraft has more fuel, in most cases with UAVs, more range, and more loiter time.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the someone should build another island directly across from this one, same format.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Is that really true? I don't think so. There are many long flight surveillance drones. Now the x47B is having success being refueled in air. Not to mention we probably never scrapped the reactor drones.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join