It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gender is in the mind and not the body, what do you think of species dysphoria?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

mutilate

to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts:

It's not mutilation, it's Sex reassignment surgery

queenofswords:

What are your thoughts on Intersex people?

BennyHavensOh:

It's not about choosing to "go there" it's about living your authentic self, it's not just on a "Whim"

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So it is a lawyers' game of using the magic words to win victory over your adversary, eh? Ok, I can handle that. Apparently I have been brainwashed by the Man with the Red Sash who drilled into us the concept of "DEAL WITH IT"!

To each his own as they say...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh

So it is a lawyers' game of using the magic words to win victory over your adversary, eh? Ok, I can handle that. Apparently I have been brainwashed by the Man with the Red Sash who drilled into us the concept of "DEAL WITH IT"!

To each his own as they say...

"DEAL WITH IT" can be very childish depending on the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

No, it's about using correct wording or you sound like Mike Huckabee saying he would have came out as a Women in High School if he knew he could shower with girls, it's pure ignorance.

it's not a 'Whim" it's not something everyone does, or wants to do
edit on 6-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Full Definition of MUTILATE
transitive verb
: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect
: to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of : to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of a body>; also : castrate 1

www.merriam-webster.com...
edit on 6-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Comparing me to Huckleberry is an insult but I will look past that as neither one of us has any idea of who or what the other may be. Suffice to say that I have been through much and perhaps more than enough to have made many others seek the peace of death, yet I persevere. To tone it down a notch, I would say that holding the masses to too much perseverance would probably not work out well and there would certainly be many casualties along the way, yet the coddling and "everybody gets a trophy" mentality that is pervasive in our society today, has more than its share of pitfalls IMHO. If society has no more norms and everything goes, well who am I to argue, but by the same token, the consequences of such policies will have to be dealt with nonetheless, and I for one have no answers for the circumstances that surely will arise and have already arisen from such policies.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I wasn't calling you Huckabee because you are right, i don't know you or your person, but saying it's a "Whim" sounds like Mike Huckabee's statement.

in the 23 years i've been alive, i've been through hell and back, far too much to type here without going way off topic.

how is treating people Equal a "Everybody gets a Trophy" mentality? how is educating people that LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ are still Humans, how is Respecting people and not being hateful how is any of that the mentality you speak of?

what are norms? Straight? White? Christian? what is the "Norm" and what is "Everything Goes"?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Excellent, we are getting somewhere now. I agree with you that a reasonable society should offer equal opportunity to everybody and I personally have gone out of my way to not only respect every person I meet, but I treat them respectfully as well. The issue that I have a problem with is that when dealing with my fellow humans I would much rather have them share with me what it is they do for a living, what they feel about our system or any other personal viewpoint they may have other than what kind of sex they have, who they have it with, or what sexual organs they came with and want to change. What we as humans do sexually has a place and a value to each of us individually, yet I question the value of making it a societal issue. Am I making sense?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I would much rather have them share with me what it is they do for a living, what they feel about our system or any other personal viewpoint they may have other than what kind of sex they have, who they have it with, . . .

Don't you think most LGBT want that too?

They are not the ones making an issue of their sexual acts.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I DO understand. My wife has a few friends that are lesbians, well maybe more like whatever it is called when they choose based on the circumstances, but again, I really don't need to get involved with that, you know? I am more than willing to tell just about anybody just about anything that I have been through in my life, but my sexual history is really not that relevant to who I am or what I have accomplished. It may sound like a problem to some, but I am very happy with the way it worked out for me. To each his/her own I suppose, eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

. . . but my sexual history is really not that relevant to who I am or what I have accomplished.

Nor is mine. I am not LGBT, no one cares.

Unfortunately, many do care that LGBT people actually engage in sex acts.

Why is it any of their business? What gives them the right to take legal action against LGBT because they don't approve?

It is not the LGBT making it an issue.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Right, Yes there is more to it than just "I'm Gay" or "My Sexuality" Some of us wear it on our sleeve, some of us not as much, but in this fight for Equality we have to identify ourselves, we have to be loud be proud to take a stand and say, "This" is who i am, i am here.. much of what Harvey Milk was saying.

I see "Straight Culture" everywhere, everyday.. you don't look at a Straight person holding hands and say "Look at that straight couple parading their sexuality" most people see a same sex couple and say "Those Gays are parading their sexuality, why can't they keep it in their own privacy"

I wear a Rainbow shirt and i am spreading Gay Agenda Propaganda, a Straight person wears a shirt with a girl in a Bikini and they get high fives ( i know this is a bit hyperbolic, i'm just setting up points)

The problem is, is that people expect their child to be straight at birth, so we have to come out when we are not. and it can be scary, and Taboo among other things

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

a reply to: jrod

I do not understand what the issue is with any specific "group" serving in the military. According to the NY Times...

www.nytimes.com...

...less than 0.5% of Americans ever serve in the military!

Why don't you ask me who should serve, because I would be happy to comply - EVERY DAMN AMERICAN should serve, that's who. And maybe then if Americans were all forced to get off their rotten lazy asses and do their damned duty to the country that coddles them, why THEN maybe they would not only understand WTF is going on, but might actually learn what in life is really worth living for, period, end of story!

I concur that more need to serve. My generation has too many lazy degenerates.

However, you are off on your stat, about 7% of the US population has served.

This issue is important to me because I am part of that 7%, I was even misgendered, that is IDed as a female while in uniform several times when I am in fact a male, I suppose I am just naturally a bit on the androgynous side and can relate to transgendered folks a lot better than most.

It is an extremely important issue, as it stands now, if I service members 'comes out' as transgender then they will likely get a medical discharge and ridiculed by some of their peers, and more importantly ridiculed by their superiors of being who they are.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Spirits do get around. Sometimes in very weird places or forms. I as the ancient Indian sages believe that creation is infinite. There's a lot of room, there's a lot to experience.

"Therians", so called therianthropes lacking the power of therianthropy. Can't blame 'em though, times have changed. It is interesting though, the stories of werewolves, the Viking berserkers. Even the shaolin monks and their animal styles are interesting seen through this metaphysical lens.

I wouldn't be so sure of myself if I said I didn't think something possibly curious was going on. I myself deal regularly with phenomena that would be deemed fantasy by the majority of modern secular societies. I'm not courting some need to feel special, I'm not daft enough to deceive myself in such an obvious way. I simply do what I do, largely in secret.

These kids though, I don't know.. they could be the new emo's, vainly looking for an image to feel special. But people having an affinity to elemental spirits, demons or other yet stranger beings is as old as dirt and it does go on. It wouldn't be unheard of for "non human beings" to be doing an incarnation as a human. Ask the so called "starseeds", I don't doubt it for one second that a lot of them experience high strangeness that may involve "alien intelligences" of various kinds. It's one of those things most people won't believe unless they've been there themselves.

I think there's some fire beneath this smoke.
edit on 7-6-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

It is the rejection of reality, which is a mental condition.

There are different kinds of reality. There's what we experience, and there's what we're told. Many different ideas about reality come from all that

It's not insanity to question what we've been told. It might actually be closer to the truth to say that a complete unwillingness to consider things you've never considered before is a kind of disorder

So many people in this world can't help but notice things. Once they've noticed them, they're much more likely to think about them. Which allows them to notice even more things... The truth is obvious if you're actually looking at it or for it

Never say never Chaos - you don't have everything all wrapped up. Nature doesn't play by your rules - it's her game after all

edit on 6/7/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The problem is, is that people expect their child to be straight at birth, so we have to come out when we are not. and it can be scary, and Taboo among other things

This is a good example of an area where I see the American culture doing serious damage to their own children and that is by introducing little children to the issue of sexuality long before they are even capable of dealing with or understanding the subject on any side of the argument. If confusing these little people is the objective then this indoctrination is certainly bound to achieve its goal. A lot has changed from the days when my generation grew up and perhaps we were more fortunate. Television and advertising were young and simple. Speedy Alka Seltzer and Ford Fairlane commercials had far less impact on the viewers than slinky strumpets twerking their wares while trolling for your dollars. We all know that sex sells, and from what I have observed it appears that it is being targeted to a younger and younger audience (thank you Miley), and I do not see this as a good thing. Just my opinion.

I understand that people out there may feel that when it comes to sex you just can't start young enough. Our local radio station has broadcast a number of stories about five and six year olds performing sexual acts on one another in daycare centers and if that is acceptable to American society, who am I to complain. But you can rest assured that I have and will continue to do my best to shield my young ones from such behavior as best I can. I was fortunate enough to grow up relatively oblivious to this issue through my childhood and enjoyed the simply joys of playing as children do. As soon as sexuality entered my life things because seriously complicated and life changed forever. In my opinion, it is very important that children be allowed to live as uncomplicated lives as is possible. My rules apply to me and mine and I feel I am entitled to follow them. I do such things my way and I extend the same privilege to all others to do their own, but do not impose your will upon me, that's not how it works.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Our local radio station has broadcast a number of stories about five and six year olds performing sexual acts on one another in daycare centers and if that is acceptable to American society, who am I to complain.

Its not new. Stuff like that just wasn't talked about in the past.

Humans are animal/mammal - - we are born sexual. Sexual and a sex act are not the same thing. Children have always experimented. Denying it and keeping it behind a closed door helps no one.

Awareness is everything. Being aware there is diversity in the world is a positive thing for children. Explicit detail depends on the child and age.

BTW - - I am just shy of 70 - - I know past generations. Currently raising a 7 year old boy.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Denying it and keeping it behind a closed door helps no one.

But surely you are not advocating promoting sexual issues with toddlers, are you? I mean you can if you like and I will not argue with you about it, I am just looking for a deeper explanation of your ideas, that is all...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes, you have your right to parent your Kids your way, they are your Kids. at the same time i'm not imposing my will just by being Out, or Public or even wearing my sexuality on my sleeve, no one is. it's not imposing anyone's will to bring awareness to injustice and the lack of equality, it's not imposing anyone's will to educate people that there are so many people with different races, sexuality, gender, personality etc.

Hate and intolerance is taught and indoctrinated just as much as what you are saying.. it's not a bad thing to teach the children that there are people who may look, or act or be "Different" than you, but they are still human, and you can be friends, or you can not be friends but don't judge just because they are a different Race, or Gay and you don't want their will imposed

trust me i am not telling you or anyone how to parent their kids, i'm just saying in General

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Denying it and keeping it behind a closed door helps no one.

But surely you are not advocating promoting sexual issues with toddlers, are you? I mean you can if you like and I will not argue with you about it, I am just looking for a deeper explanation of your ideas, that is all...

Define sexual issues.

We are born sexual. A child saying: "show me yours, I'll show you mine" is a natural curiosity behavior.

My grandson got in trouble in preschool for touching girls butts. In his mind is he "thinking" sex? Of course not, but its still a natural sexual act.

As adults we need to get over ourselves and accept that we are natural, sexual beings. Learning what is appropriate is a different issue.

I teach mine, "People are their Heart". When it comes time that they learn about the actual act of sex - - - that is not how they will judge people.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join